• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
ST Bot

Homeboy Sandman

197 posts in this topic

It's just a dick way to treat fans who maaaaaaybe can't understand the lyrics that well.Shits wack to me

I guess you don't get the point of the whole conversation. He's saying Rapgenius's goal is to make money, not improve the culture of hip-hop or talk hip-hop lyrics. He's saying the site allows any irresponsible person to post his lyrics any way they like and turn them into "content" for RG.

You don't have to agree with him, but that's what he's saying. I like Rapgenius myself, even with its flaws, and bad contributors, but I sympathize with what he's saying.

Anyway, that album did come out with a track list.

Gonna cop the wax once my pell grant drops

Yup! Another solid record from HS. Jonwayne beat is Whoa! All beats are dope. It will still take another few listens to catch up to some of the lyrics.

Yup! Another solid record from HS. Jonwayne beat is Whoa! All beats are dope. It will still take another few listens to catch up to some of the lyrics.

Wow, I am on drip now getting it. Got some heavyweight production.

dudes, i know the guy who produced the beat for that newest Homeboy Sandman track...crazy shit, looks like our generation's finally starting to come up in the game and make our marks.

shout-outs to Doc Heller aka Darko the Super

1 person likes this

My fav release from him production wise

Same here so many awesome beats, sad no Paul White beat this time though. Oh No feature was a nice surprise. Really digging America the beautiful and problems. Great record!

Very proud to say one of my best friend Evan Souza (DOC//HELLER) produced this bonus track and a couple of other for Homeboy Sandman. He also just did a track with Pyramid Vritra under his other moniker Darko The Super. I'll post that link in my PALACE thread. My little brother is movin on up.

http://ugsmag.com/2014/09/homeboy-sandman-hallways-out-now/

1 person likes this

On America, the Beautiful, Homeboy Sandman is doing this thing where he's kind of saying dumb lines, but he has this "I'm kind of joking", tonality to his voice, it kind of reminds me of some old Edan or Count Bass D, the kind of rap I've missed for awhile.

EDIT: Grand Pupa is one of the best rap songs I've heard this year.

On America, the Beautiful, Homeboy Sandman is doing this thing where he's kind of saying dumb lines, but he has this "I'm kind of joking", tonality to his voice

Was that the way anyone else was taking that track? (Sandman joking/not sincere about the lines?). I figured it was a legit message, people complain about way too much shit here and ignore we are the "1% globally"

Anyone here knows if Heaven Too's instrumental appears on an Oh No release maybe?

New HBSM interview with Fubar Radio. Start at 37:30

Speaks on new LP, "Navy Blue" to maybe be released some time this year.

Was I the only one who listened to Hallways and noticed a three-way pattern between "Problems" and "Personal Ad"?

"Problems" ended with Homeboy singing "don't know who to love", giving way to the next song "Grand Pupa", which finds him trying to confront his relationship problems before "Personal Ad" finds dude trying to find a serious woman he can settle down with. it's a clever segue from one song to the next.

Very proud to say one of my best friend Evan Souza (DOC//HELLER) produced this bonus track and a couple of other for Homeboy Sandman. He also just did a track with Pyramid Vritra under his other moniker Darko The Super. I'll post that link in my PALACE thread. My little brother is movin on up.

http://ugsmag.com/2014/09/homeboy-sandman-hallways-out-now/

Just seen this guy Heller did an album with All these Fingers and atf is my dude so Ima check more stuff...

http://www.dailypublic.com/events/06292015/interview-homeboy-sandman

The last record you put out was 2014’s Hallways. What are you working on now?
I’ve got a record called Navy Blue that’s going to be my next release. I don’t have a date for it yet but it’s already recorded. We’ve got some more to do, as far as the artwork. Just before you called I was typing out the lyrics for possible inclusion in the artwork. It may be as early as October but it could be early next year.

Hallways was 12 tracks and you worked with 11 different producers. How does Navy Blue compare?
Navy Blue in that regard is similar. It’s got 12 tracks and I think it’s 10 producers. The one thing that is different, though, is I’ve never written an album like this before. I’ve always written a bunch of songs here and there and then put them together, like formulated an album, like a Frankenstein album. I’ve been able to form very capable Frankensteins, but on Navy Blue I sat down and I wrote a whole album. I’ve never done that before. On Hallways, there were songs, like “Stroll,” which I wrote a couple years ago, and then there were songs like “Problems” that I wrote a couple months before the album came out. On Navy Blue everything was written during the same time period.

Was it tough to keep it cohesive working with so many different producers?
No, because the way I wrote this record I had a certain vibe in mind; I have the themes that I’m looking to touch on. I have the picture of what I want to make in mind. Once I have that vision, then even if I’m working with 100 different producers, I can look for what fits the mold I’m looking to fill. This new record is my philosophy. Pain and philosophy are really, really big on this Navy Blue record. Hallways was a really introspective record. It was written at a time of transition. But [Navy Blue] is my philosophy coming through right here.

I'm always down for new Homeboy Sandman. I can't wait for this new LP to drop. Still banging the Tour Tape like no other. One thing I find interesting is that Tour Tape almost receives no mention anywhere outside of it's initial release and post on the ST site. I mean, interviewers don't even bring it up like this one who still cites Hallways as his latest release. Shoot, Homeboy Sandman doesn't even correct them or make mention of it as well. I think that's a shame because it really is an amazing addition to his already staggering discography of music. Perhaps ST can do a bigger rerelease some time in the future because Tour Tape should be much more talked about and revered than I believe it to be at present.