• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
ST Bot

Homeboy Sandman

197 posts in this topic

His track "New York Nights" will lead off the forthcoming Stones Throw/Serato collaboration

Glad to see the ST/Serato 2 project is still on track to be released. Thanks for the freebie ST!

Cool track, rhymes, drums are really good, crazy production.

Still very refreshing to me, can't wait for January!

Its YES shakey finch

listen, im made up for you that you probably did a remix of him or sumthin but its still a no

cheers

Finally the official word, been waiting on it.

Sandman is cool, not the best rapper, but he makes good & enjoyable music. Looking forward to the music he'll release with Stones Throw.

I'm glad that ST signed HS. He is a lot doper then some other ST affiliated MC's.

subject-matter.jpg

Vinyl and digital release, coming late January 2012.

I like this guy. Been following him for a minute. With the right production and executive production, dude has a lot of potential.

That "Mine All Mine" shit sounds dope as hell!!! Produced by 2 Hungry Bros!! Shouts to Sucio Smash and Squeeze Radio!!!

I have to admit that I wasn't such a big fan of the first song that's going to be on the Searato release (Sandman is fine on it, the beat is just a little busy/weird). The EP I am looking forward to though, the sample clips are all sounding very nice. Especially digging the intro to Unforgettable. I'm really hoping that we will get a full version of the song that was played in the clip with his interview about signing to ST though. Maybe we will hear it on the full album eventually, looking forward to it.

ego trip's been showing ST some mad love over the past week.

Yo man this EP is fuckin' fresh!!! This was a good look for ST. Props to PBW for signing him...

I remember a while back PBW was on Twitter asking people to put him on with some fresh new hip hop and that he has been out of the "hip hop" loop. I suggested to him Homeboy Sandman. Now.. I dunno if he even read my reply but it's kinda dope to think that maybe my suggestion led to the signing of Homeboy Sandman to ST. Haha!!!

He already has 3 albums out but this EP stands out.. It's dope, word!!!

"My insurance is WebMD" aaaahhahahahahahaaaa!!! Dope!

"Mine All Mine" on repeat!!!!

I walked into one of my local shops tonight after getting out of my second job and to my surprise found this EP while I was perusing the racks. This particular store has a great reputation, amongest my friends and I, of always getting new ST shit really quickly. Figured I could cough up a ten spot to get my mitts on The Wayniac's first offical production on another rapper's album.

1 person likes this

Only listened to the snippets, didn't like them as much as I enjoy "New York Nights". I might cop the 12", it's not much muniez anyway.

I was not sold on this guy at first. I heard "The Good Sun" album last year and wasn't feeling it, and then I heard "New York Nights" and wasn't into that either on first listen. A few weeks passed and I found myself relistening to "New York Nights", and then listening to it again, and again, and again. I went back and reappraised "The Good Sun" and man was I wrong about that album the first time around.

I finally picked up the "Subject: Matter" vinyl and it's been getting constant rotation. I can't wait for the new EP in April (Paul White and Exile beats!) and I look forward to anything else he does on the label. I'd love to hear him over a Madlib, Oh No, Dilla, or Karreim Riggins beats at some point too, but I would be more than happy just hearing more stuff with the beatmakers he's worked with so far, because they've been great.

I can't wait for the new EP in April (Paul White and Exile beats!)

Yeah that was the first thing I noticed about the new EP. I dig Sandman, but especially looking forward to the production B)

figured with a new track, a new video and a writeup in rolling stone it was time to bump this bad boy.

I like the new track (cops get scared of me) more than i did on first listen. This seems to be a rule with me and sandman's stuff. But it's definitely on par with Subject: Matter which is all I care about. Looking forward to the rest of Chimera, which that Rolling Stone mini-article fails to even mention is coming out.