• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shakey finch

Rep Your Latest Purchases

175 posts in this topic

ok this has been done before thought id start another one out of boredom it doesnt have to be vinyl but this is literally what ive bought in the last 3 weeks, theres a stack of about 45/50 mid 90's hip hop 12" that a friend was selling and a few albums that ive picked up in manchester aswell as edans echo party and seeing as its xmas dvd copies of elf and scrooged, other dvd's breaking bad season 1 (im late waaay late on this) i saw the devil, bunny and the bull and biutiful

what you bought recently . . . . ?

purchasesb.jpg

1 person likes this

This freakin pillow

Sunset-Collection-Biogreen.jpg

and this freakin iPad (yet to be recieved)

ipad.jpg

The pillow was 200 bones but soo worth it. It perfectly forms to my head and neck and I sleep soundly after weeks of dealing with cardboard like pillows and waking up with an incredibly soar and stiff neck. It has a 5 year warranty so even if it only lasts 5 years, it will work out to the same cost as buying regular pillows once or twice a year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

200 bones on a pillow! damn! but yeah if it works out right for you then a worthwhile investment, my girlfriend always complains about my bedding being shit im also trying to convince her she needs an ipad so i can use it ;)

yes. that shit is going to be swwweeeet. I need it for work purposes, but it is also an essential. I currently use my iPod Touch everywhere in my wifi home. bed, toilet, couch etc. The iPad tho, funnily enough, relates to the pillow in that watching streaming movies, from my computer screen across the room will no longer be necessary. Instead I have the iPad. A gift from heaven.

image-74724-galleryV9-kjlq.jpg

This is what I purchased over the past 3 weeks.

14ay0s5.jpg

Really happy about picking up the Temples of Boom album with the bonus disk for £5.00.

445440209.jpg

I bought a 10" Sonic action figure.

Nothing else matters.

purchasesb.jpg

I see Bunny and the Bull in there, so only fitting to mention I just picked up the soundtrack for it. Honestly never heard of the band before (don't think they have any kind of following in the states) but I love the overall feel of that soundtrack/movie. Its got a depressed-gypsy feel to it.

Also just snagged a copy of Scott Pilgrim on dvd finally (fuck those rental copies and their lack of bonus features) and went splurging on a Buy 2, Get 1 used game sale at Gamestop. Walked out with Scene It, Red Dead Redemption, Fable 3, Resident Evil 5, Fallout NV and NBA Jam. Hopefully that'll last me a good 5 or 6 months (barring the month long hold on all of those when Bioshock drops.)

Nice portable Cis! Yo Shakey, what's that blue 12" in the lower left? Some classic titles in that lot.

Nice portable Cis! Yo Shakey, what's that blue 12" in the lower left? Some classic titles in that lot.

yeah well it was all the stuff my friend bought in the 90's loads of pretty obvious stuff but got it for cheap, the blue 12" was funkdoobiest 'bow wow wow' with remixes and 'im shittin on em'

I see Bunny and the Bull in there, so only fitting to mention I just picked up the soundtrack for it. Honestly never heard of the band before (don't think they have any kind of following in the states) but I love the overall feel of that soundtrack/movie. Its got a depressed-gypsy feel to it.

i dont think the band have a much of a following here to be honest, my girlfirned loved the soundtrack to it so i should pick a copy up for her, were you a fan of the film? and the mighty boosh stuff in general? do you get that over there?

Can't stop drinking this

IMG712.jpg

humour me, milk that tastes of root beer?

humour me, milk that tastes of root beer?

It tastes like you're drinking a Root Beer Float. Truly incredible!

Here's the story behind it:

It all started when, Morning Fresh Dairy, general manager Matt Lucas was looking to create a new novelty flavored milk, something different than the mighty chocolate. Experiments with Orange Creamsicle, candy apple, and other "wild flavors" were unsuccessful. For years, Lucas and his family had frequented CooperSmith’s Pub & Brewing in nearby Fort Collins, where his kids loved the root beer—and that's where he finally found the inspiration he needed. CooperSmith, Lucas discovered, handmade its own root beer syrup. Realizing this was just what the dairy needed, he struck a deal to have a variant of the syrup created specifically for their latest product.

i dont think the band have a much of a following here to be honest, my girlfirned loved the soundtrack to it so i should pick a copy up for her, were you a fan of the film? and the mighty boosh stuff in general? do you get that over there?

We don't really get it (Mighty Boosh, that is) over here unless its a special order off Amazon (did that for Boosh, Spaced and Look Around You) or lucky find at a secondhand store. I only watched the movie because I saw Paul King directed it since I love what he did with the Boosh, and I really enjoyed it. It was just a regular road-trip comedy in my opinion, but the performances, settings, and music made it shine. Plus I highly enjoy movies that have that overall depressing feel for some reason (Submarine is worth a watch if you haven't yet.) It's no Mighty Boosh, but I highly enjoyed it.

We don't really get it (Mighty Boosh, that is) over here unless its a special order off Amazon (did that for Boosh, Spaced and Look Around You) or lucky find at a secondhand store. I only watched the movie because I saw Paul King directed it since I love what he did with the Boosh, and I really enjoyed it.

I'm pretty sure the Boosh used to be on Adult Swim a few years back.

I'm pretty sure the Boosh used to be on Adult Swim a few years back.

True, and Look Around You. But the Boosh was edited to fit in the Adult Swim timeslot. They probably had to cut at least 6-8 minutes for each episode, which is a pretty good chunk. Usually America gets screwed into shelling out for the DVD to enjoy the best, and full, british sitcoms. Well, not too much anymore since Netflix came around thankfully.

BTW, $200 on a pillow? That shit better make you dream of heaven every freaking night!

We don't really get it (Mighty Boosh, that is) over here unless its a special order off Amazon (did that for Boosh, Spaced and Look Around You) or lucky find at a secondhand store. I only watched the movie because I saw Paul King directed it since I love what he did with the Boosh, and I really enjoyed it. It was just a regular road-trip comedy in my opinion, but the performances, settings, and music made it shine. Plus I highly enjoy movies that have that overall depressing feel for some reason (Submarine is worth a watch if you haven't yet.) It's no Mighty Boosh, but I highly enjoyed it.

submarine is excellent i was gonan mention that, ive just had a look around im im seeing you have bbc america or sumthin? it was on that

It tastes like you're drinking a Root Beer Float. Truly incredible!

Here's the story behind it:

id like to try that but no chance of getting that in the uk unless i get it via some website

submarine is excellent i was gonan mention that, ive just had a look around im im seeing you have bbc america or sumthin? it was on that

It really was, Paddy Considine was great. And we may have it, but I have the shittiest cable option you can get so I must be missing out. I usually just read up on something and then take a gamble on it. I just wish there were region 1 DVDs for Triggy Happy, I would buy that up immediately.

When that Rels LP came out I kept picking up and putting it back at the stores, was on that "I'm not really feeling it now, I'll come back get it later" did that like a dozen times. Then I was feeling it, went to go get it and yup, gone like the wind. Still don't have it!

12142011.jpg

Both sealed for a total of $6, nothing deep but fun cuts to be had.

I did that with the Blunted in the Bombshelter LP and regret it...from now on I am just gonna snag em on sight

post-6307-0-81473100-1323919954_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

445440209.jpg

I bought a 10" Sonic action figure.

Nothing else matters.

Damn straight. I think I see another one to the left of the monitor, too.

I'm in no way a comic book nerd, but someone had the first 10 or so issues of the Sonic comics and I scooped those up in an instant a few weeks ago. Got 1-100 now w/ a few doubles, plus all of the special issues and side stories (don't know the right terms) from that period. Also nabbed a t-shirt with my power up points at gamestop.

Also just grabbed 2k12, 20 bucks off new. 'Nuff said.

Anyone else got it for 360? I'm not that good, but wouldn't mind playing somebody better. Just send me an invite sometime

Gamertag: RicketyPorpoise

BTW, $200 on a pillow? That shit better make you dream of heaven every freaking night!

Word it better make me drool or be orgasmic.....................

1 person likes this

I bought myself 2 coffee table art books. $5 each on dustygroove for hardcovers?? I couldn't resist.

dean_roger~_magnetics_101b.jpg

pollar_robe_townofmir_101b.jpg

1 person likes this