• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heavy Drama

82 posts in this topic

Synths allowed just sit tight for the sample.

(Just a quick side question I'd like to know - Is anyone using an mpc in these battles or are you all software sequencing?)

Using neither, just my Boss sp404

Really. . . these are the best samples you could come up with?

Im drunk blerghhhhhhhhh the samples are FINE goodbye daylight savings and summer and shit.

1 person likes this

greetings. i use software - fl 10 and some other plug-ins and midi keyboard oxygen61

I gave it a shot:

I tried to use both samples. Pretty weird beat i guess!;)

Added mine to the group... Used both samples, drums, piano (vst), bas (vst) and two synths (vst)... And a bunch of fx to mix..

uh jeah. I use ESI UGM 96 soungcard a TASCAM interface for a mic - and a NOVA m audio MIC.... software FL10 - wish i had money for a mpc...

404 + garageband.

hey its not always about finding the illest samples in here. sometimes a tough one is necessary to deter people who don't like to challenge themselves; that way we don't have 100+ entries to weed through...also a lot of the best battles we've had were from the wackest samples

use trial version of fl 10...got a sp 303 but a knob is broken frowny face....also been preparing for the Math subject GRE this weekend, so not a lot of time here is a quick one:

.also a lot of the best battles we've had were from the wackest samples

that'S right I remeber this low quality Italian children-tv show...or whatever.... mad stuff! and I would like to sample heavy metal or something crazy like that...

that'S right I remeber this low quality Italian children-tv show...or whatever.... mad stuff! and I would like to sample heavy metal or something crazy like that...

hahaha guesss who uploaded that? My apologies :D but yes there were some dope beats that week. Sometimes restriction can be the mother of creativity. That's why I asked who was using an mp because when I used to make beats with those set limitations I found myself looking for ways around it, which made me stumble across ideas I wouldn't have otherwise thought of. When I get some spare cash I'm def gonna pick up another one. Warning though if your only experience of making beats comes from software then the mp workflow might be a huge shock.

Thanks for the answers to the question.

@ heavy... thats also how i think about it.... "Sometimes restriction can be the mother of creativity"... i always say: Your limitations create your creativity... or something like that but then in dutch :)

"but then in dutch" HAHAHAHAH That reminds me of this dude "so hey, what are going to do about it?" hahahahaha its all good man.

hahaha he is funny... bud damn epic skills on the keys... maby ill remix it :D

sorry guys didn't get a chance to listen to the beats this week I'll get around to it in a couple I'll leave dem comments and all....and heavy thanks for upping that video I made a little funky jam jus messin around, with that bass progression....diggin it