• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DJ Tav!k

Buying records on Discog safe?

11 posts in this topic

So is buying records on Discogs safe? do they offer some sort of protection or money back guarantee for the buyer?

I've done about 10 transactions on there. They have all been legit with PayPal(invoices).. so if something was to go bad an you don't receive your vinyl you have 45 days to file with PayPal..

i put up around 1000 records for sale since april and had about 80 transactions tons of overseas and multiple record orders. only 2 flakes, so as a seller i love discogs!

i say roll!

who knows you might dig some of my records... http://www.discogs.c...seller=id1979er

either way enjoy, you'll find tons of shit on there. legit site for sure

night and day..

on ebay i can list 10-12 records an hour with pictures/descriptions etc.

on discogs you can do 40-50 records an hour because it's already in the database..it's so easy

they leave it up to you do do all the invoicing on discogs tho.. i did about 60 transactions simply requesting payment through an easy back and fourth on discogs. but have recently started to do paypal invoices which are easier and make people feel safer sending you money..

**also if you list tons of records on there, make notes to yourself what crate/shelf they are on..i did not do this.. i have to look through around 9000 records everytime i need to find one.. it's like a needle in a haystack sometimes..lol

not to mention the fees are way lower on discogs..

fuck ebay unless you have high dollar records you know will sell there

ebay fees kill me tho..

That makes sense. So if you're selling mass quantities of records all at once, where do you get all the cardboard or whatever for shipping?

That makes sense. So if you're selling mass quantities of records all at once, where do you get all the cardboard or whatever for shipping?

ebay seller threerb is who i use... 50 mailers and inserts for like 40-45 bucks