• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scabs

The Dark Knight Rises

19 posts in this topic

600_dark_knight_rises_110803.jpg

The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane-550x343.jpg

dark-knight-rises-bane-deta-570x271-260x152.jpg

yea, i saw the teaser before HP72. not enough to get me excited but it's gonna be kick-ass. what i cant wait for: the debates about which is better. The Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises, cause you know it's gonna happen.

1 person likes this

I can not wait for this film. The Dark Knight was the most fun I've ever had at the movies in my life.

^^^What? Okay... The Dark Knight was a pretty good film, but the Two Face ish needed to be cut at the hospital scene. (period) The b-plot made the movie about a half an hour too long. The Joker could have just eluded to what Two Face was doing and they could have sealed the ish between Batman & Joker better instead of being... "oh... I guess we're done with that... uh... I'm just going to leave... and I'll go check on that Two Face guy... But, YOU stay here and dangle." WTF

I think that was a lot of people's complaint. With such a dynamic character like Two-Face, he really could've carried an entire film on his own, and we never even saw any distinction between Dent & Two-Face. What's done is done though.

I think that was a lot of people's complaint. With such a dynamic character like Two-Face, he really could've carried an entire film on his own, and we never even saw any distinction between Dent & Two-Face. What's done is done though.

yea. that was my thing too-plus i didn't like two-face's origin story in the movie: He's a champion for justice since he got in office,-not just a regular proponent of justice, but he was Gotham's white knight-then, one incident happens and all of a sudden, he's a criminal working with the fucking Joker. His origin story in 'Batman: The Animated Series' was perfect: He was a champion for justice who suffered from split personality syndrome with the other personality being a gangster which pops out whenever he gets angry. He takes medicine and psycho-therapy to suppress it but his frustration with a big time take-down of a mob boss resulting in him getting off scott-free is the last straw that pushes the gangster personality to become the main one. The two sided coin represents his two personalities: heads, Harvey Dent for mercy and heads scarred,two-face for no mercy. This origin, ftw.

1 person likes this

As a brief aside, has anyone read the 3 part comic series, "Batman Jazz?"

Not yet, is it good? What's the Arc?

i don't see how it could be bad. expectations are high but it would take a lot to let me down.

Not yet, is it good? What's the Arc?

I'm not entirely sure. I saw the 2nd part at a yard sale in bad condition, came home and bought the entire set off Amazon for $8. I'll report back once I get it.

I saw it in the theaters last night its such a good teaser trailer, most teasers show a ton of action cut together real fast but what is the majority of this one? A dude talking in a hospital bed. Also is the Batman costume different, it was shown at the very end I couldn't really tell.

No, I think he was just really fucked up. The trailer is online. Now you can pause it over & over again. I just picked up the individual "Vengence of Bane" comics. If Killer Croc IS in this movie, it wouldnt be out of left field. Bane broke Croc's arms twice.

the-dark-knight-rises-set-photos-of-bane.jpg

set footage of A fight:

http://www.youtube.c...bed/twPypRSpj-M

tom-hardy-christian-bale-bane-batman-battle-20.jpg

^^^

Notice the scar on the neck? VENOM TUBE! ;)

It has been stupid hot in Pittsburgh all summer. Yet they made is snow in Lawrenceville for that fight and all the actors and extras are required to wear winter gear. I know a bunch of people going to Heinz Field this Saturday for a football game scene and they are required to bundle up.

The city is a buzz with all the shit going on here for this film.

izgBl.jpg

53232383.jpgselinakyleh.jpg