• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grifty

221 VOTING

40 posts in this topic

B A T T L E # TWOHUNDREDTWENTYONE V O T I N G

Listen to the beats HERE

Vote in this thread with

BIG FONTS and wacky colors.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!

=================

Everybody votes! Even if you didn't make a beat, you can vote--the more votes the better!

Voting until Friday @ Midnight NYC Time

Follow the Battles on Twitter for updates

Frequently Asked Questions

made this right now just to vote for

CONTSROBUZ

MY VOTING LIST:

heavy drama - oso (the second part is paradise) - jones fosho - constrobuz - brotha b - buttaslick - earl - j sense - soul up - stydité - steve smoke

I enjoyed this sample - but hope the next round's one will be a little bit more resisting!

ENZOEYERIS

so wayyyy too many mention yet I will mention the ones that I don't mention every week new big ups too:

moxatron

j sense

dead marauder

monexus

(everyone that usually does well is doing great...and a few others..honestly there are only a few I didn't really like)

but vote:

OSO

doin this quick, on the list:

BK Brown

ENZO EYERIS

Yabba

Pawl

Jondis

HEAVY DRAMA

and ima vote for OSØ, great flip!

tons of dope this week. but for personal fav i had a hard time deciding between OSØ, jondis, and Jones FoSho.

Jones FoSho

Tough decision here, but......

OSO

STEVESMOKE!!

At first I thought ok.... Then I the goove slowly came in after the airhorns and I was FEELIN it.

1 person likes this

Easy winner: OSØ

runner ups: Areou, J Sense, BK Brown, Buttaslick, OLOS

Don't have a fuckin' clue how to make cRaZy fonts so

use your imagination

post-9709-033405100 1307035104_thumb.jpg

progetto

oso

bkBrown

areou

beatfux

morten parket

soul_up

buttaslick

enzoey

constrobuzz

senior prod

yabba

jondis

density

OSØ, j sensei , Yabba, Buttaslick, beatfux... good beatz

my vote go to:

Progetto S

hey yo what up,

this week was pretty busy but goddamn i heard some insane flips.

the quality of these productions is second to none.

im not sure there is another place like this that has this level of dedication.

props to everyone for keeping these moving and creating music.

there were a grip of dope flips, but the one that stood out the most was

OSØ

density had some amazing work as well

much beatz are amazing this week

heavy drama

monexus

enzo eyres

bk

oso

constrobuz

j sense

stevesmoke

some faves:

monexus

density

moxatron

areou

stevesmoke

jones fosho

construbuz

brotha b

jondis

beatfux

my vote goes to HEAVYDRAMA if live instruments were allowed, it was a crazy beat

or OSO if heavydrama's beat wasnt valid

been a minute since i got to do one of these. just remembered how tricky it is to pick a fav.

gonna go with odd name dig the lo-key distorted drums

@BKBrowN: Thanks for that. The beat is valid mate. It dosnt say anything about live instruments not being allowed just no outside synths, surely we're not tryna discourage actual musicality (that would be retarded). Donst matter either way. If folks enjoyed the beat thats the main thing.

Wasnt feeling this as a sample but enojoyed that acutal track so I like the beats that used the melody as straight looped chops - Contoversy, Beatfux and I think there was another one....cant remember my bad.

Second part of OSO's beat is definitely big.

Voting for PAWL

Not an amazing production but sometimes that simple groove is enough to get shit popping. Got me so big up Pawl.

thanks for the mention.

@BKBrowN: Thanks for that. The beat is valid mate. It dosnt say anything about live instruments not being allowed just no outside synths, surely we're not tryna discourage actual musicality (that would be retarded). Donst matter either way. If folks enjoyed the beat thats the main thing.

Wasnt feeling this as a sample but enojoyed that acutal track so I like the beats that had the used the melody as straight looped chops - Contoversy, Beatfux and I think there was another one....cant remember my bad.

Second part of OSO's beat is definitely big.

Voting for PAWL

Not an amazing production but sometimes that simple groove is enough to get shit popping. Got me so big up Pawl.

shouts to all the cats makin tunes on this board. theres some real talent on here and its an honor to even get a shot out. this week there were alot of dope flips, too many to list but the one that kept me replaying was..

YaBbA the track was straight banana's. the bass was killer!!

big shouts to buttaslick though, he was my runner up!

i don't wanna seem like a snob for not voting after i made a beat. lol. and i'm probably going to try and listen to everyone's one more time, but really, the only beats that stood out to me were a little overproduced, i felt (incidentally, i feel like i overproduced this week after feeling like i didn't put enough into last week's). there were many that i liked, there were many that i was really impressed with, but it seemed like the song was so samplable and no one really milked it for something great. maybe i'll change my mind, maybe i overlooked someone's...

I'm voting for Jrac.

, the only beats that stood out to me were a little overproduced, maybe i'll change my mind, maybe i overlooked someone's...

Damn if you don'T like overproduced stuff must must hate me!

I have so many elements in my beats MC would be pushed aside! But hey - who says raps are superior to beats!?

But it is not that you only should vote if there is a beat you personally love - you should give the vote the best beat - no matter if it comes down to - technique, creativity or craaaAAAAzyness...

So maybe Alpha or Butta might hit your taste - the always slap straight neckbreakers out of these samples! No decoration - in your face - that is how they roll! And there will be some more cats who do so...

yours most tipsy

ENZO EYERIS

Ma shortlist:

dirty porcelain

Constrobuz

butta

BK Brown

Yabba

Jondis

but it my vote has to go to

senior production : Loved it

Ross !

Areou !

Progretto!

constrobuz !

J Sense !

Soul up !

Jonids !

Beatfux !

BKBROWN !!

drfr3sh !!!

Heavy Drama !!!

OSØ !!!!

Haven't contributed, and i forgot just how constructive and inspiring this battle is.

Huge thanks for all the comments, mentions, votes(!?). Lots of goood music out there. But

Shout out -

aReOu

Maurader

OSO

Monexus

Mr E

For the WIN

[color="#FF8C00"]Heavy Drama[/color]

lol. it's not that i mind a lot of stuff going on. i think that i have a tendency to overproduce a little, too. it's just that i think that, in the cases of these beats, especially, a lot of the goodness is getting covered up by unnecessary stuff.

as far as who i would vote for, the thing is that i'm not gonna vote for someone just because i know that what they did took a lot of skill or work or whatever. just because i can tell by the beat that the person is capable of good production doesn't mean that the particular beat is very good. i think that there were a lot of good beats; there just wasn't any that was great, like i said.

i probably wouldn't pick out any (to include my own) of these beats to spit on, for example, even if i recognize that some of them took plenty of talent and knowledge to execute.

Damn if you don'T like overproduced stuff must must hate me!

I have so many elements in my beats MC would be pushed aside! But hey - who says raps are superior to beats!?

But it is not that you only should vote if there is a beat you personally love - you should give the vote the best beat - no matter if it comes down to - technique, creativity or craaaAAAAzyness...

So maybe Alpha or Butta might hit your taste - the always slap straight neckbreakers out of these samples! No decoration - in your face - that is how they roll! And there will be some more cats who do so...

yours most tipsy

ENZO EYERIS