• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jsensei

\-- 22O --/

37 posts in this topic

8783d66c318f0161125eb5003495b9d3.jpg

Stones Throw Beat Battle #220

Congrats to YABBA winner of Beat Battle #219!

• Producers
  • Download the sample provided by YABBA, HERE. (zshare stinks btw thats why i deleted it)
  • Flip the sample and make a beat (see below for Production Rules)
  • Upload your beat to the STBB Group
    Production rules
  • 2 minute time limit
  • flip the chosen sample any way you want
  • outside drums and bass are allowed
  • no outside synthesizers
  • no acapellas
  • vocal samples/skits are allowed
  • cuts/scratches are permitted

Questions about posting, production, voting, deadlines? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page.

UPDATE-new battle schedule:

Post - by Wednesday at Midnight NYC time

Vote - by Friday at Midnight NYC time

Winner - post new sample, rules, etc - by Saturday Noon NYC time

1 person likes this

thanks to anyone who gave me a mention/vote its just nice to be down in the battle win or lose, big ups everyone :)... i've heard a varied range of samples posted up for the battles but no classical music samples as yet so i thought we would try that.. usual main rules apply

Rachmaninov Scherzo in D minor.mp3 - 8.03MB

congratz yabba- nice taht you let us slice this noble piece of music! Maybe beatfux and I will do another perfiktion beat on this!

and i have to say I like these short pieces

yep good win Yabba, but GREAT SAMPLE! no.......but seriously

Everytime the same shit with those classic samples... first im triying to get a cool passage to make some type of epic banger,.... but 2 hours later it sounds like this...

dude, this is dope, though. sounds a little like something that dilla would've worked on for trinity.

Everytime the same shit with those classic samples... first im triying to get a cool passage to make some type of epic banger,.... but 2 hours later it sounds like this...

Congratulations on the win yabba, could you upload the sample on mediafire cos zshare's not loading up for me.

Beat sounds dope pawl

cheers

congratz yabba great work and dope sample for this week !!! I would like to thank those who voted for me in the last battle peace S

finished, might wait overnight to submit

okay this round perFiktion has to split up again - didn't meet beatfux long enough this weekend to do a track. But last night I sat down for two hours and really calmed down. making music is always like therapy to me...

here is my beat - I hope the saw-bass is okay- it has a lot of mid frequencies in it and sounds very synthetic - but it is still a bass.

hope yo like it layed back

yours enzoEYERIS

ps: is it normal that the sample is only 12 sec long? heard some beats and there was stuff in em I don't have in my download. - if something went wrong with my download I'll bite in my table!

okay- sh*T- my download was broken or something. if you ask yourself why my beat is so dull - well I only had the first 12 sec. Maybe I will refresh mine...

and btw - my table tastes good... :angry:

Hey sorry people for missing the Voting, my computer broke down on me!? It kept freezing when I tried to use the internet.... My browser I think...

Word on the Win Yabba by the way, very cool sample source too, Lots of big strings to chop away on! Dope Stuff.

&color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_artwork=true" width="100%" height="166">

Peace.

hey guys when posting pleaseeee put the number or something that lets me know you are actually flipping the sample in this battle so I know to listen

thanks dudes

this weeks entry is a chill joint....nothing epic....bite sized fun:

"Rachmininof is good Enough for Samples!" But for real... htis is gonna be a challenge. I'm quite impressed with what some of you other guys have posted, keep up the good work!

hey guys

first of all i want to thank anyone who gave me vote or mention!

secondly

i can say i as a beatmaker i 'grow up' on this battles, i mean my music was more wack 20 battles ago than now, and probably 90% of my skill i learned from you stmb-guys.

thirdly congrats to YABBA!

here is my flip

and attention to be clear this week sample is 5:51 long not 12 sec or 38... YABBA am i correct?

My first time entering a beat battle.

dat wonky

Here is mine, hope you like it:

Peace,

Eponim.

heres my flip for this weeks sample, it was rather difficult but i pulled it off i think :P

beat for week 220

nothing wrong with some classical music, could work easily with the sample. would've worked even if the sample was only 12 sec :) sorry for being a little more electronic this week, i've been lucky to go and see mount kimbie last night and i'm still and always inspired by music such as they do. the show was awesome.

here's my flip, give it a try!

for those who want to know:

i only use 2 or 3 small parts from the sample, each one in several different shapes. bass, background melody and lead melody are made from 2 seconds at 3:20, another two sounds are made from the very last "hit" at 5:45. very much work done also by lots of reverb and eq'ing.

yes beatfux - i saw mount k a few weeks ago. they have an awesome sound and it works so well as a live show. love the feel of your track, can definitely hear the inspiration. check this recent video of them:

aaaaannnnndddddd

here's my beat:

fuck this rap shit.

dammmm, sample is dope,, a bunch of classic flips already ,, y'all killn it,, hopefully can find time to take a stab at the sample,, peace errbody