• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
mrvaughn

DOOM

2,169 posts in this topic

JJ = Jenna Jameson.

DOOM & Jenna collab - what would that sound / look like?

this shit will NEVER come out SON!!!! Doom is in jamaca with ELVIS and RZA!!!!!!!!! no but for real dough doom been doin mad experiments on he self..... dog aint the same.........

Here's a mix from DOOM from the Boiler Room last night:

http://boilerroom.tv/doom-60-min-mix/

Jneiro Jarel played as well, but his set doesn't seem to be up yet...

Good looks on the link. When I saw that a few days ago I didn't think DOOM's set would make it up.

you know what would be dope? if JJ dropped a podcast for me and the other people who arent familiar with his production

you know what would be dope? if JJ dropped a podcast for me and the other people who arent familiar with his production

podcast up on Lex and many more around the web.

Even dropped about 20+ unreleased joints for free a couple months back.

search.

podcast up on Lex and many more around the web.

Even dropped about 20+ unreleased joints for free a couple months back.

search.

dope! hahaa i feel like a fool... about to look those up on google then good lookin out

Accordng to Amazon's UK site, Keys to the Kuffs should be released on 24/07/12. Dunno how certain this is as Lex/Doom/JJ have not mentioned it themselves...

http://www.amazon.co...39886348&sr=8-1

I asked JJ about the release date and this is what he had to say: "Got to look into that. That's is the tentative date but didn't want to promote until I'm sure. The album is done so this may be true."

Sounds fair enough and was glad he replied. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back again. I'm really looking forward to this release as what i've heard so far has been very promising (Banished, Guv'nor, Winter Blues).

Good looks on the date. hopefully the tentative turns into the reality. I wonder what caused the push back from the original may release date? the news that Damon Albarn and Beth Gibbons would be featured on a track dropped like mid-may so I wonder when they recorded it... I can wait another month and a half. Initially wasn't really looking forward to this album, didn't really see how their two styles would mesh, but the latest couple of tracks leaked have totally reinvigorated interest. leave it to lex to not promote at all yet.

leave it to lex to not promote at all.

Accordng to Amazon's UK site, Keys to the Kuffs should be released on 24/07/12. Dunno how certain this is as Lex/Doom/JJ have not mentioned it themselves...

http://www.amazon.co...39886348&sr=8-1

At last look, the release date has been put back on Amazon a month but now Access Hip Hop has it for pre-order slotted for the same original date. Who knows, but at least we know it's on its way...

http://www.accesship...e/?itemid=22241

DOOM with those energy gemstones again, lol. D'you think that the album can make the July date now? Both Amazon and Access Hip Hop have the August date but I wonder if Lex pushed it back because they weren't sure if DOOM would get them these files in time?

Yeah but theyy get tentative dates from the label & when there is one date passed to suppliers followed by a second date it is usually because they know they will never make the first date. I know it will be out soon but the sooner the better considering how long it's been since a new DOOM record has been out...BLT was a dissapointment for me and i'm a huge DOOM fan.

If they're just now getting the files I don't see how it's even possible for a July release date. Maybe for a digital release at least but not physical. That August 21st date sounds probable.

I thought as they had all the artwork already in the bag (by some artist they are bragging about having on board) I thought it wouldn't have been that big an ask? Is it because of the pressing of the physical copies would take too long? Didn't think it would be a problem considering it's not exactly a mainstream release.

I for one am satisfied for the time being just knowing the masters have been delivered to Lex. Once things are out of DOOM's metal clutches you can count on the process moving forward at least 5x faster.

BLT was a dissapointment for me and i'm a huge DOOM fan.

C'mon now. Why all the hate for Born? When you expect the world from an artist they will never deliver. Just appreciate his music for what it is.

Can someone put me up on Jneiro Jarel...? What should I check out by him...?

I've got a mix CD by Shape Of Broad Minds which I really liked, I havent checked out the actual album though.

Peace!

C'mon now. Why all the hate for Born? When you expect the world from an artist they will never deliver. Just appreciate his music for what it is.

Not hating but expected more. I think it's OK to expect more from DOOM as he usually does deliver. His catalogue speaks for itself but he's admitted that he's cool submitting underpar albums (VV2, BLT) from time to time to both keep his name out there and to get a nice cheque. It's no issue for him as there's always a couple bangers on those records & he knows that he has the real heat in the cannon (i.e. JJ DOOM, Madvillainz, King Geedorah 2, Essential Elements & S&C) which are the serious projects he's working on.

he knows that he has the real heat in the cannon (i.e. JJ DOOM, Madvillainz, King Geedorah 2, Essential Elements & S&C) which are the serious projects he's working on.

:rolleyes: