• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
mrvaughn

DOOM

2,169 posts in this topic

Quote from Ghost Re: Swift & Changeable:

"I just gave DOOM, I gave him all my records," Ghost explained in an interview with

. "DOOM likes to take his time. He's in London. He don't live in the U.S. no more. So he just be doin' a lot of shit. I told him, 'Yo, man! The people want this shit, yo! Yo, what the fuck, man?' So, he sent like another six beats. I smashed them out. So, I guess at the end of the year, I guess he'll release them. It's in his hands. I don't know what he wants to do with the music but he got it."

No surprises at DOOM's laziness, lol....But still, its a worry that he says he's not sure what direction the project is gonna take in its tone/theme. Could end up a little disjointed and unfocused. Link is below and there is a video where you can see a little frustration from Ghost when he is recalling his convo with DOOM, saying "what the fuck DOOM" lol. Not holding my breath that this will come out by years end. First it was October now by years end...Yeah right!!!

http://www.hiphopdx....ng-clan-reunion

Makes me wonder how long Madvillain existed before it was announced and then released

http://pitchfork.com...t-swim-singles/

FlyLo & Viktor Vaughn single due in a few months (*hopes for full VV3*)

Whoah, it's billed as Captain Murphy feat. Viktor Vaughn? great alter-ego combination!

plus we got Madlib and Gibbs...featuring Karriem Riggins! exciting. but I guess that means we won't be seeing cocaine pinata until well after july.

Gotta wait until 8/26 for that VV track. gonna be a long couple months.

Seems like Bookfiend was a remix of a JJ DOOM track then? Wonder if there's a 'non album cut' single getting released.

i feel bad for you guys that have been waiting since like '08 and shit, lol. i was still getting all my rap from the radio at that point, i wasn't aware of DOOM until early '10...and even to me it's felt like forever between each release he puts out.

i can't even imagine how it would feel like to have heard MV back when it came out in '04 and to have waited for this long for another one...

i can't even imagine how it would feel like to have heard MV back when it came out in '04 and to have waited for this long for another one...

It's been rough. But the darkest period was definitely '05-'09. When BLT came out I was just about shitting myself with excitement. But I guess there's really only been 2 albums since 05 anyway. a longtime DOOM fan always secretly prays he'll go back to his 3 albums a year output, when time has told us he's just done with that kind of prolificness. you just gotta put your hype into hibernation. He went from 3 albums a year to 2 in almost 10 years.

1 person likes this

Even though I've seen similar execution, I love the new DOOM mask. It'll be interesting to see often he wears it and how his sound/ persona accords to it.

cool mirror-mask, not the best video though.

and...is that DOOM at all? is that even him at the beginning with the normal mask? (0:10)

First thought: might like the clamvillain version better oddly enough.

Keys Butter version, DOOM has found a way to bypass the ten year wait you have to endure before you can release the remastered special edition of an LP. I'm one of the shits who will buy this LP.

haha - yea i won't, probs just get the downloads of the bonus tracks

i imagine they would sell more if they'd just done it as a new ep

First thought: might like the clamvillain version better oddly enough.

Same here

I was bored and made this, what do you think? Surprised they didn't do this one black and white, colors were kinda meh on official one imo

this is fuckin' hilarious. they're actually putting this out as a 3xlp... 9 new tracks. four of em unheard (not including Bookhead)? DOOM and Del over the Viberian Sun beat? got potential there. haha the sad thing is I'm gonna grab it because I've been procrastinating on the 2xlp.

I feel dumb buying the 2LP earlier this year. Wish they could have just done a separate release.