• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Mr Teeth

Madlib Medicine Show #10: Black Soul

187 posts in this topic

Do I dare press the play button or just wait for my CD? Decisions decisions.

any chance we can get a digital download?

naaa, for all the mixtapes (even numbers in the MMS series) you will not get any digital release..

any chance we can get a digital download?

like FNK said, there's no digital or vinyl for the mixtapes (even numbered Medicine Shows). However, inside the booklet for MMS #10 there is a barcode which we're trying to figure out a way to link to a free digital download for those who have, and presumably paid for, the CD. Nothing advertised or promised here, just an FYI about an experiment we're trying to work out.

#10 there is a barcode which we're trying to figure out a way to link to a free digital download

not sure, but wasn't it mentioned one time that the bonus discs for MMS5 & MMS7 will get a free download aswell?

not sure, but wasn't it mentioned one time that the bonus discs for MMS5 & MMS7 will get a free download as well?

Yeah there was talk about trying to find a way to get digis to the bonus #5 for those who copped the CD or vinyl. But that was only mentioned once.

Yeah there was talk about trying to find a way to get digis to the bonus #5 for those who copped the CD or vinyl. But that was only mentioned once.

well I think there was digital downloads available for the mms5 bonuses then some came here and complained

well I think there was digital downloads available for the mms5 bonuses then some came here and complained

There was bonus material made available to purchase, but there was talk about getting the downloads to those who had already purchased the CD and/or vinyl.

Stones Throw should just start LEGALLY re-releasing out of print records, beginning from madlib's collection. Real music for real people. No need to fuck them up by sampling and shit...

How can y'all even listen to sampled shit all the time? Ever tried listening to real musicians? It's funny when you think about it, most of these cats with a sampler and drum machine can't tell the difference between a major and minor key - and still they are regarded as one of the greatest producers ever? LOL.

"Victory At Sea" by Richard Rodgers, a 13 hour long symphony. I wonder how long it took for him to compose that. That's what my grandpa was always telling me about. Good old days.

=)

Listening to sampled based music = Listening to REAL musicians. Queer.

1 person likes this

well I can say now I would have preferred a straight ahead Soul/Funk mix

disappointed with this one

too much emphasis on syncopation but not much groove and not enough melodic soundscaping

too 80s (in the bad sense of the term) for my taste basically

last track is cool though but the 70mn or so of selections before that didn't cut it

no offense, because i think this mix is pretty special, but this is basically what i wish dam-funk would sound like. no sonic sheen 2011!! who's with me

too much emphasis on syncopation but not much groove and not enough melodic soundscaping

last track is cool though but the 70mn or so of selections before that didn't cut it

on my 2nd listen now :unsure:

hmm... I'll be back

*proceeds to pour jelly on himself*

no offense, because i think this mix is pretty special, but this is basically what i wish dam-funk would sound like. no sonic sheen 2011!! who's with me

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nuff Said............

So True..............

http://www.beatrelease.com/FM71

"BeaTz 4 DaYs !!!!"

I had to go inside myself

I had to be for someone else...

dayum...now that's a rare groove

Wasn't sure about this release on the first listen, but the second listen is a charm. It gets better with each listen.

I can see this played at a party or on a late night drive.

I can see this played at a party or on a late night drive.

EVERY Madlib album is great for a late drive but this one is definitely party status as well. Good call

I had to go inside myself

I had to be for someone else...

dayum...now that's a rare groove

this is indeed the best part of the whole mix. anyone know what song it is?

can't get past the first song on track 1. i love this type of stuff. madlib ftw again.

can't get past the first song on track 1. i love this type of stuff. madlib ftw again.

First tune is fire!

sometimes I should just stfu

*pours some more jelly*

This mix is amazing. Im not heavily into this type of stuff, but every track on here is heat! I can see this one becoming just as addictive as the dub/roots reggae mix.

I've been waiting patiently for this to become available as a digital download but my patience just ran out. Gonna go see if they have the CD at Poo-bah records..if not I'm ordering. B)

Disco will be dope.

Most of ya'll bout to get your heads blown off...

guess i called it, huh?

I've been waiting patiently for this to become available as a digital download but my patience just ran out. Gonna go see if they have the CD at Poo-bah records..if not I'm ordering. B)

This is hilarious! I don't think you're ever going to have enough patience to wait for the digital release...because there won't be one. But I feel you! I usually order all my Medicine Shows from ST but I slept on this one and figured I'd cop it from one of the local record shops. I hit up all three (yes Denver only has three record shops, we are that lame) and was told at one that they would have it next week (fucking November!) and the dude at another one looked at me weird and told me 'This series only goes to #9', smh. Now I know why I'm willing to pay a little extra and order straight from the source.