• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaldoH

Madlib Medicine Show #9

189 posts in this topic

if its not finished..then they should release a new beat tape for vol. 9...then hit us with a seperate release...

if its not finished..then they should release a new beat tape for vol. 9...then hit us with a seperate release...

Doesn't sound like we'll be seeing this in September... at least ST are giving us info :rolleyes:

Its on check the interview here

That is a great interview! Madlib was playing some Frank Nitt tracks back on NYE and when I saw him in Boulder this year. Shit is about to be so hot.

High-Fi?

Isn't Madlib most notably always Low-Fi?

nope

he's most notably always dope-fi

I'd say his earlier work would be considered more lo-fi than nowadays.

As long as it's something I can drink and smoke to...

This man speaks the Truth!

whoa, if this comes out, its gonna be INSANE

i'm excited about this too, but what's with these unsubtle names? is MMS10 going to be called "STICKY GANJA BLUNT BLACKLIGHT POSTER TIE DYE YIN YANG TREES MEGAMIX"

i'm excited about this too, but what's with these unsubtle names? is MMS10 going to be called "STICKY GANJA BLUNT BLACKLIGHT POSTER TIE DYE YIN YANG TREES MEGAMIX"

LOL So true. :lol:

'High Jazz' felt fine but this one's pretty lame

I guess that's why Frank Nitt is putting the word out for a new title?

haha. well if you guys knew about medicine shows, the elixirs and 'medicines' they sold at medicine shows pretty much always had unsubtle names.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicine_show

If each CD is being sold as a medicine, it would only make sense that their title would explain exactly what they are for.

hey quick folks come over and put a coin in the eggplant ehhhh the jukebox i mean in the jukebox

1 person likes this

they shouldnt rush this album...if its done then thats cool...but if madlib is still working on beats for it or mastering it..then he should just take his time releasing it... a rushed album doesnt do any good...

they shouldnt rush this album...if its done then thats cool...but if madlib is still working on beats for it or mastering it..then he should just take his time releasing it... a rushed album doesnt do any good...

i dunno mann stoney jackson was made in 3 weeks