• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
noisereductions

MMS #8: Advanced Jazz !!!!!!!!!

195 posts in this topic

Any thoughts on the snippet of MMS #8?

Here's mine: amazing drums!!!!

I'm a jazzhead but I don't have enough widespread knowlede to ID anything in this excerpt. My tastes are mostly limited to:

Ornette

Sun Ra

Coltrane

Shepp

Dolphy

Ayler

Tim Berne

John Zorn

and anything on 'avantgarde' or 'free improv' labels new and old

I've ordered but now must wait for Australian shipping....

Anyone have a copy yet?

Anyone have their copy yet?

Thoughts?

Mine's gonna be at my place tomorrow according to my tracking info. Very excited.

My thoughts for now:

The mix is going to be great

i got mine yesterday and have been listening to it....it's very good, reminds me alot of the jazz mixes in the Mind Fusion series...

but there's alotta dope shit and it's mixed well, it's not just a collection of tracks--there's plenty of little vocal samples and crazy random shit mixed in between...

still getting the feel for it though and then i'll write a big double review on my blog of High Jazz and this one

I just got mine. I will listen in a second, but it would have been nice if I got the Clouds Over the Pacific cd with it.

I just got mine. I will listen in a second, but it would have been nice if I got the Clouds Over the Pacific cd with it.

I knew they were going to pull that. Glad I placed my order after COP was announced.

I knew they were going to pull that. Glad I placed my order after COP was announced.

Thanks for giving the rest of us the heads up.

Thanks for giving the rest of us the heads up.

HAHA Well I was planning on just copping the CD from a local record store but once I saw that COP go up I just had to place an online order.

this is arguably the best medicine show yet if you ask me. right up there with 2 and 5. also, i think this may have some of the best interludes/soundbites of any madlib release i've ever heard (see: pharoah).

the best interludes/soundbites of any madlib release i've ever heard (see: pharoah).

Pharoah is too sick, the whole track is just awesome.

Pharoah is too sick, the whole track is just awesome.

I bet that's Art Blakey tearing shit down

dawww ST!

You couldn't get a 1920 x 1200 wallpaper?? :unsure:

hey jadoe, i did those wall papers -- i chose those 4 since they make up the bulk of our web traffic. i'll knock out a 1920x1200 for you if i get the chance, just as soon as i get over being jealous over your imax-sized screen.

just as soon as i get over being jealous over your imax-sized screen.

I was about to say...

AMAZING THIS MADE ME LIKE MY WIFE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA wtf?

HAHA wtf?

lol they get boring ya know.... this MS helped her alot! its the best next to beat konduct in africa man i wish i still smoked....

lol at all the people claiming wich medicine show is the best haha

i dunno but i'm not digging this one, the first track is cool but after that it gets really boring to me. of all the mixes i enjoyed #4 and #6 the most.

I think it's incredible how it has grown on me from the 3rd listen onwards

I thought it was a let down after a couple listens but it clicked when I just let the music ride not paying attention to the tracks sequencing

very fine work. exquisite selections

Thank You Madlib

lol at all the people claiming wich medicine show is the best haha

i dunno but i'm not digging this one, the first track is cool but after that it gets really boring to me. of all the mixes i enjoyed #4 and #6 the most.

trying to find the humor in others having a favorite medicine show and then claiming which ones u liked the most help me out man... lol no pun intended