• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
SunnyMeadowz

Young Jazz Rebels - Slave Riot

41 posts in this topic

ST is saying that Slave Riot will be released in Spring and to expect a similar deluxe package as the Miles Away album.

And 20Lib rolls on....

edit: Young Jazz Rebels - Slave Riot

Well, I won't front..I am listening to it right now and I like it. I will cop the LP when it drops. For now I am good with Stones Throw stuff, ordered this shit:

173776.jpg

184425.jpg

185304.jpg

164002.jpg

YNQ - Meaning Of...

164000.jpg

Rocket Love

well, sucks it leaked THAT early

Hell yes!!! Can't wait to put my order in. Damn credit card expired yesterday, haha.

I'm listening to it right now for the second time. Its like a chaotic Angles Without Edges, very chaotic. Some of the songs are just LSD trips, and others have some very nice melody but one thing they all have in common is a psychedelic style of drumming , they are truly jazz artists rebelling against rhythm. even tho at first listen I had to skip some songs If you're in the right mindset this CD is a fun psycadelic jazz show.

Now that I know what to expect im enjoying the second listen much more. Definatly geting this one

I'm not feeling this at ALL. I've never heard new madlib and couldn't bare it.

What's wrong with me??

[cover art is dope tho]

"Inspired primarily by independent and experimental jazz" you have to be either a crazy jazz head or hella high to enjoy this. Young Jazz Rebels is Madlib's most insane jazz group

It's only March and yet Madlib has put more records out this year that many artists do in 10 years.

Bravo sir.

It's only March and yet Madlib has put more records out this year that many artists do in 10 years.

Bravo sir.

That's a one hot album every ten year average.And that's so - LAAAAAAAME!

"Inspired primarily by independent and experimental jazz" you have to be either a crazy jazz head or hella high to enjoy this. Young Jazz Rebels is Madlib's most insane jazz group

Yaaaa, based upon this, it sounds f*cking awesome to me!

Guess what just showed up in my mailbox!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: 'Nappy Headed History' gets those claps cheeking!!

1 person likes this

For me, this is without question the finest YNQ album released to date, and imo it ranks among the best works of Madlibs celebrated career. Just fucking brilliant.

For me, this is without question the finest YNQ album released to date.

I'm with you on this one. Both YNQ full-lengths this year have been stellar in my opinion, because:

you have to be either a crazy jazz head or hella high

i am both 24/7.

I'm with you on this one. Both YNQ full-lengths this year have been stellar in my opinion

Yea man, I was on a spirtual jazz kick for the last couple months, and hearing this album is just beautiful. It's spaced out, but the groove is so heavy. Plus all the electronics he sprinkles on top work perfectly. Most people aren't going to be able to get their heads around this one, but for those that have listened to this sort of jazz in the past and enjoyed it, I think they'll really love this album. This is definitely one I'm gonna need on wax.

Most people aren't going to be able to get their heads around this one, but for those that have listened to this sort of jazz in the past and enjoyed it, I think they'll really love this album.

I have a special spot in my heart for these Madlib records because I didn't listen to new music for a long time (foolish). From about the age of seventeen until a few years ago, I mostly only listened to jazz records until I heard Shades of Blue which led to Angles Without Edges. That kind of launched a lot of appreciation for Stones Throw and Madlib for me, who I only had cursory introductions with. Once I really started to realize that jazz wasn't dead but just hiding in all these other musics, I stepped up my game and started appreciating the new sounds. That's my story, and I'll always be on board to give a YNQ record a chance.

forces unseen is a dope track. this has a more experimental feel than most YNQ stuff. i like it.

finally got around to rocking this album out this week.

shits "official". i'm really feeling it.

cheek-massage

finally got around to rocking this album out this week.

shits "official". i'm really feeling it.

cheek-massage

Me too. Nappy Headed Histroy is probably my favourite song on the album.

Nappy Headed Histroy is probably my favourite song on the album.

Listen to Mr Teeth!

Just received this the other day, had it rolling for a few hours as I was resting through some flu symptoms. Veeeeeery nice.

does anyone know if he samples drums on this record? I heard a drum pattern that sounds identical to one on Medicine Show 8...