• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
sugoisounds

**Beat Battle 150 w/'special guest'**

112 posts in this topic

redid my beat dropped a second one. "HotDog_GuiltySimpson-STMB150-2.mp3"

i dont know how to remove the older one but if soemone does they can remove it.

Do drums with piano in them count as outside keys/synth? Please say no, it really ties the beat together. .

Since you can only sample from this track, and you can only sample the drums from others, I think it isn't allowed.

Beat dropped as of yesterday.

Beautiful sample, you could hit that sucker in like 15 different places. I havent quite gleaned my acapella matching skills yet, but it is what it is.

Lots of good great beats as usual.

ID

redid my beat dropped a second one. "HotDog_GuiltySimpson-STMB150-2.mp3"

i dont know how to remove the older one but if soemone does they can remove it.

On it

Do drums with piano in them count as outside keys/synth? Please say no, it really ties the beat together. .

The idea is to use the sample and acappella and some bass, the raw-er the drums - the better, even playing field ya know?

this one was fun. first time playing around with an a cappella. lots of good stuff up there already!

adj

Just uploaded my remix, Guilty Simpson - Before The Verdict (Sol Search rmx), check it out and shout out to Stones Throw for putting these on, made me fire up the MPC! Some tough competition here! Peace...

Cutmaster Cee

So much heat on this one, crazy there has to be ONE winner! Voting is gonna be a bitch.

Salam,

how does the voting work? I'm new here.

thank you.

Voting thread will be posted Thursday morning. You'll have all thursday and friday to vote.

WOW everyone is coming correct for this week!

i noticed some of the beats didn't follow our normal rules, are we voting on those too? what do you guys think?

I got 95bpm but I could be slightly off

Yeah, that's about right. It played pretty accurately with my metronome at that BPM.

First time doing this, I just added mine. It's the one with "Ben McBride" next to it. Haha probably not going to win this one, so many sick beats.

this one was fun. first time playing around with an a cappella. lots of good stuff up there already!

adj

Wow outstanding. really nice

WOW everyone is coming correct for this week!

i noticed some of the beats didn't follow our normal rules, are we voting on those too? what do you guys think?

I think that if the rules arent respected, the track isn't elligible for voting. it should be specified in the voting thread come thursday

Uppage..................YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D