hooray

New PBW Labels

30 posts in this topic

I realised that there are 4 new labels by BPW, each of them released just one 7" by now:

Good Time Records: Felerio - You're So Precious 7"

Circle Star Records: Dam-Funk - It's My Life 7"

Flux Capacitor Records: Lambo - Computer Bagel 7"

1984 Records: Nite Jewel - Weak For Me 7"

Seems like all these reocrds are dedicated to the 80s or even made in the 80s.

Like the releaes so far, so anybody got info on new artist, releases, or even new labels coming?

He probably did that because he didn't want to associate these intentionally crappy songs with regular stones throw recording artists.

As you hopefully could tell, they are all silly songs or joke songs that PBW just wanted to release to the public (because he is a sick, sick individual.)

He probably did that because he didn't want to associate these intentionally crappy songs with regular stones throw recording artists.

As you hopefully could tell, they are all silly songs or joke songs that PBW just wanted to release to the public (because he is a sick, sick individual.)

Dude, Nite Jewel is nice...

It's not that PBW brings you this and it's no "hip to the hop" that is has to be a joke.

I don't know why it's released on this label named 1984 "a good year", (indeed a good year since I was born in '84 yeah baby)

good idea Duke, to get Washed out as well. I want that feel it around 7". hope for a repressing very soon as it was ltd. to 300 copies and I was a week too late :angry: bummer

You might like Toro Y Moi as well

to get back at the 84 stuff. There seems to be this 80's revival going on. (At least in the whole indie scene)

I love Computer Bagel...

But I certainly wish that PBW would produce some more old school hip-hop beats, similar to the tracks on PB Breaks and the Lunar Props EP.

PBW is a good producer no doubt but I always wondered if he did all the beats on the Styles,Crews, Flows, Beats cut especially the part where WIldchild & quas say "What about the beats". that part is so ill

"What about the beats". that part is so ill

that's my favorite part of that track

These songs are definitely not sub-par to Stones Throw in my opinion. And not meant to be 80's.

I just did it to do it. I've been bored lately. Glad to hear that some of you like some of em and some of you hate all of em. They're not really supposed to be looked at as a series. Or maybe they are. I don't know.

PS-Yes, I made the "Styles, Crews" beat back then with Lootpack in mind and when I showed it to them, they were with it, so I was so happy to get them on my album. The only song I can think of where Lord Quas rapped over someone else's track!

The only song I can think of where Lord Quas rapped over someone else's track!

Beatless - Dominant and Rock On, DJ Design - Sparkdala, King Brit - Spaces

Beatless - Dominant and Rock On, DJ Design - Sparkdala, King Brit - Spaces

dick

hahahaha

but true

These songs are definitely not sub-par to Stones Throw in my opinion. And not meant to be 80's.

I just did it to do it. I've been bored lately. Glad to hear that some of you like some of em and some of you hate all of em. They're not really supposed to be looked at as a series. Or maybe they are. I don't know.

PS-Yes, I made the "Styles, Crews" beat back then with Lootpack in mind and when I showed it to them, they were with it, so I was so happy to get them on my album. The only song I can think of where Lord Quas rapped over someone else's track!

yeah but there is still this 80's revival going on lately

I'm geeked they put those PBW vs Montana World Tour shirts up for sale. Looks like a merry christmas for Sunny!

1 person likes this

Anyone know what's the chopped and screwed song at the end of "My Red Volvo" on Lambo's 7"? Shit goes hard!!!