Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
j303

bbe vs stones

23 posts in this topic

bbe is pulling weight.

stones seems to be going more mainstream. :lol:

maybe its just all in my mind..

granted bbe has not been around for 10 years, but their catalog is looking better than stones at the moment.

time will tell.

bbe is more consistant, but stones throw has come out with some stuff that has really amazed me

good point....

just thinking about the difference between having kenny dope, pete rock, spinna, dilla, kon and amir, and others on a label on the other side of the pond.

I honestly don't see a comparison in the two

I look at BBE as the "Behind the Music" of record labels or like a documentary of music if that makes sense.

Kind of like all producers eventually wanna have a BBE album/tell their story (I dunno how to explain it)

I thought BBE was gonna be crazy, until they did the Will I am and King Britt albums in the beat generation series, instead of lets say Madlib's. There were rumors of a collabo Wolf and Madlib on that series but never came. Too bad.

I honestly don't see a comparison in the two

I look at BBE as the "Behind the Music" of record labels or like a documentary of music if that makes sense.

Kind of like all producers eventually wanna have a BBE album/tell their story (I dunno how to explain it)

i dont see the comparison either!! the only halfway decent things bbe put out (since "welcome to detroit") have been compilations - sure theyre put together well by interesting folk but its not new music. worst of all by a million miles is how out of control the design for 'the shining' got!!! absolute lowest-common-denominator rubbish, nothing to do with the contents of the lp at all... AND IT WAS ALL PIXELATED ON THE INSIDE OF THE GATEFOLD!!! whats wrong with them!! i dont much like 'the shining' either. there, i said it.

I look at BBE as the "Behind the Music" of record labels or like a documentary of music if that makes sense

yeah their king of... series is really all i think of when i hear of them, and the dilla/dee realeses.

and what does it stand for-beyond breaking (too lazy to look up)or something? what is that supposed to mean.

i dont see the comparison either!! the only halfway decent things bbe put out (since "welcome to detroit") have been compilations - sure theyre put together well by interesting folk but its not new music.

You forgot:

FOREIGN EXHANGE CONNECTED..........ONLY THE SEXIEST ALBUM EVER! ............It's okay I forgive you

Nicolay-City Lights 1.5

Jazzy Jeff-Magnificent

I'm sure I'm missing some more

You forgot:

FOREIGN EXHANGE CONNECTED..........ONLY THE SEXIEST ALBUM EVER! ............It's okay I forgive you

Nicolay-City Lights 1.5

Jazzy Jeff-Magnificent

I'm sure I'm missing some more

Foreign exchange is prolly my top 3 albums of all time. Phonte is a OH SO NICE MC and Nic's beats flow OH SO WELL

only bbe releases i felt were king britt's, spinna's and of course dilla's beat generation albums. foreign exchange bored me.

only bbe releases i felt were king britt's, spinna's and of course dilla's beat generation albums. foreign exchange bored me.

i know thats your opinion, and its awosme u shared it, but.. how could FORIEGN EXCHANGE BORE YOU?

the album was VERY soulful, but phontes flow and lyrics are just tooooooo amazing, how can you not like soul-type beats and be a dilla fan.lol, :P......you are a dilla fan....right?

the best of all or one of the best KON AND AMIR 2 Cd set on bbe...........

the best of all or one of the best KON AND AMIR 2 Cd set on bbe...........

co-sign.

thats some deeeep diggin on those discs.

i liked the will i am album alot better than what he has been doing nowdays,but i do think he is a good producer

co-sign.

thats some deeeep diggin on those discs.

bbe even threw the names of the tracks..... nice....

kon and amir vol 6 "On track" this october1

the album was VERY soulful, but phontes flow and lyrics are just tooooooo amazing, how can you not like soul-type beats and be a dilla fan.lol, :P......you are a dilla fan....right?

yeah. but dilla always delivers some kind of rawness in his production. that makes it for me. and seriously... nicolay vs. dilla... :D

its not that i don't like it. i just dont like it enough to really get into it.

Sexy bores you ............

Interesting

fantastic vol.II? :(

make sense man, its just Foreign exchange is one of my alltime fav's of all time yo! lol it helps you wit shit, relationships, father type shit, happiness, fake rappers...it covers ALL