• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neologism

all these hip hop beats on commercials

4 posts in this topic

i just saw that new apple nano commercial and it has cut chemists new track on it. and also theres that wells fargo commercial with rjd2s track. and that one has been used plenty of times before. and i remember there was a blackalicous track on a coke commercial.

you enjoy these commercials, or feel they are butchering good music?

i think i have said only one positive note on this board so far, and that was welcoming everyone back...

other than that people have to make money but there is a time and place for everything...

hip hop is the "new" trend at the moment so were gonna be bombarded by this shit... i dont have cable or watch tv so i'll take your word on these merchicials!

it really depends. this guy from sweden sold 200.000 units of his album in england (i think) just cus he had his track on a commercial. that's pretty dope! i think it can be a good thing for less etablished artists to be able to continue make their music. i can't really see anything wrong with it as long as you are comfortable with what you endorse.

if i have to be bombarded by corny advertising all day regardless,

then i would much rather hear some dope shit in a commercial than something that gets played on the radio all day anyway

good music is meant to be heard

underground artists deserved to get paid too!