• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coel

Beatbattle 126

28 posts in this topic

The Drop containing the sample can be found here

Rules

- 1 beat per person (2 mins or under)

- Upload a 128kbps 44.1 kHz MP3, not m4a with YOUR NAME in the file name eg 'Gary Glitter - My Gang.mp3'

- outside drums and bass allowed

- use the sample that is in the drop to make your beat, no outside sample

- vocal cuts/skits are allowed

-you need to submit a beat or be a member here for at least 2 weeks to vote

SO you should upload your beat to http://drop.io/stmbbattle126 by 23.59 Thursday, July30th. Voting until 23.59 Friday the 31st (all times NYC)

ALSO BE SURE TO CHECK THE FAQ THREAD

Good luck gents!

Hopefully he gets to a comp soon to post one.

looks by default it is "Look What You've Done To Me"

Only one sample left from the stonesthrow/nowagain drop. (07 Look What You've Done to me.mp3)

Not much of a selection.

the drop background is sick this week.....dont change that! and when is stones throw gunna drop a whole new set of beats?

The SAMPLE is UP.

It looks like "Look what you've done to me" is the only sample that's left to work on.

By the way, thanks for enjoying the beat from the last battle.

Nitro Fresh

Droped, i had to make it in 20mins because im leaving for dsan diego today. Hope you guys like.

Droped, i had to make it in 20mins because im leaving for dsan diego today. Hope you guys like.

Nice beat man, the best beats normally only take 10-20 minutes to put together Ive discovered in my time.

Nice beat man, the best beats normally only take 10-20 minutes to put together Ive discovered in my time.

Thanks man! Hah yea I kinda liked being under the clock. Checking the time every3 mins. Itgave me no time to make long and normally stupid decisions. Lol

Yo! Dropped this weeks beat.

I missed last weeks due to being away.

you're telling me you go from not hearing the original sample to uploading an MP3 in 20 minutes? If I could work that efficiently it would be pretty badass.. It takes me CONSIDERABLY longer.. I have a tendency to tweak out on the bass lines and bass selection for a long time.. also laying down a few different variations on my drum patterns and shit.. It takes me longer than 20 minutes to chop the sample into the probable subset of what I may want to use even... that's before I even start playing the chops and samples to a beat....heh.. You guys must be ninjas or something. B)

Thanks man! Hah yea I kinda liked being under the clock. Checking the time every3 mins. Itgave me no time to make long and normally stupid decisions. Lol

haha -- maybe thats why it takes me so long.. re-thinking the placement of my bass kicks 50000 times... B)

dropped my songo. lots of bongo. B)

the tracks called "Skipworth"

got my beat up, still looking for that sound i been digging for

Yo I really wish we could use synths in the battle.I did a raw flip of this but have a pad in it that makes it move right.

just added mine...seems to take a while to find time to make a beat nowadays

you're telling me you go from not hearing the original sample to uploading an MP3 in 20 minutes? If I could work that efficiently it would be pretty badass.. It takes me CONSIDERABLY longer.. I have a tendency to tweak out on the bass lines and bass selection for a long time.. also laying down a few different variations on my drum patterns and shit.. It takes me longer than 20 minutes to chop the sample into the probable subset of what I may want to use even... that's before I even start playing the chops and samples to a beat....heh.. You guys must be ninjas or something. :mellow:

Haha, the mpc makes it pretty easy to lay a beat in 10-20 minutes for me...Im having trouble with this sample though. I got one beat I made at 94bpm and another at 77bpm...I got em started but I just cant put the finishing touches on either version. This is one of those samples that makes me take a few days of messing with it before Im satisfied.

I got home early so i was able to better the levels and add a bit more to the beat so if you could, please delete my 1st beat, it should be the 1st beat posted. i will upload my new one. thanks.