• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigErnMcCracken

How About A Stones Throw Remix Contest

99 posts in this topic

back to the top!

is it necessary to wait for an official contest. i mean there are plenty of acca's out there.

it is very necessary.

plenty of accapellas for stonesthrow? where? i only know of a few.

...no yesh ?!

i'm sayin' though....tell us "yes" but at least tell us "no" if it's not going down.

i don't wanna be left in limbo.

I'm sure Jank has read this thread and left it alone. JJ, what's up?

I'm sure Jank has read this thread and left it alone.

he wouldn't do that to the fans...

sike yes he would.

I'd vote for Georgia cause she's beyond genre, and thus a good one to recontextualise into swedish gabba ;)..

peace

i love swedish girls... the ones with the brades.... I may not know how to snowboard but they can sure teach me some shit...

bumpabumpbump

the possibilities with a georgia acapella are infinite, you could make it anything from hip hop to drum and bass to some downtempo shit

I'm guessing that thee ST camp has heard of this thread and said hell no, because then there would be a bunch of "stones throw remixes!" being thrown around the net and beyond.

It's like um...taking an acapella and creatin some hot shit but then sellin it on ebay and ST wouldn't make any profit off it. I've only seen remixes done to major label releases...but in these cases only select people get to remix it.......

...i gotta stop typing

I'm guessing that thee ST camp has heard of this thread and said hell no, because then there would be a bunch of "stones throw remixes!" being thrown around the net and beyond.

It's like um...taking an acapella and creatin some hot shit but then sellin it on ebay and ST wouldn't make any profit off it. I've only seen remixes done to major label releases...but in these cases only select people get to remix it.......

...i gotta stop typing

I feel that...but what's the difference in doing a remix and putting it on ebay (which I would never sell nor buy a mix on ebay) and just putting a bunch of stonesthrow songs and making a mix tape and selling it on ebay?

hopeless romancer with the dopest flow stanzas....yes? no?

... Wild West style fest y'all best to lay low ...

I like your enthusiasm and determination Ern. Let's keep bumping until we get what we want !!!

... Wild West style fest y'all best to lay low ...

I like your enthusiasm and determination Ern. Let's keep bumping until we get what we want !!!

I do what I can man....I'll keep bumping this until they erase it (or the board crashes again)

I feel that...but what's the difference in doing a remix and putting it on ebay (which I would never sell nor buy a mix on ebay) and just putting a bunch of stonesthrow songs and making a mix tape and selling it on ebay?

I'm just guessing but, it could be the fact that since they have not reached 'household name" status..(nothing wrong with that!)..along with the fact that if theres a wack remix being thrown around out there with the vocals from one of their artists, if people recognize the voice/name they will connect it to Stones Throw and if they're really just knuckleheads like that.......they'll think it's just some leaked material from ST.

I mean, you know ST's had a few bootleg cases...

I'm just guessing but, it could be the fact that since they have not reached 'household name" status..(nothing wrong with that!)..along with the fact that if theres a wack remix being thrown around out there with the vocals from one of their artists, if people recognize the voice/name they will connect it to Stones Throw and if they're really just knuckleheads like that.......they'll think it's just some leaked material from ST.

I mean, you know ST's had a few bootleg cases...

yea but i'm still upping this shit FOREVER!!!

B)

"Turn up the bass another notch if you want ... "