• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
digicr8z

Did Phife Dawg or ATCQ Ever Get Paid from 'A Millie' ?

18 posts in this topic

If not, they should sue Lil' Wayne and whoever produced that song for him...

I understand the revealing of this sample is hella old, but wanted to post video just incase certain people weren't aware of how it was made

wouldnt it be a bit hypocritical for ATCQ to sue over a 0.5 second sample, and thats if thats where lil wayne got it from. the ATCQ tracks has part of a what sounds like a guitar stab in it when they loop the Millie bit whereas the little wayne version doesnt.

I hope they don't sue. The only thing that would do is bring bad publicity to ATCQ and make people sympathize with Wayne.

Uhm, yeah..not a good move sueing people for using samples when 90% of Tribes music is made out of samples :P

Most ATCQ stuff is probably cleared though, but there's probably some stuff that's not..

Uhm, yeah..not a good move sueing people for using samples when 90% of Tribes music is made out of samples :P

Most ATCQ stuff is probably cleared though, but there's probably some stuff that's not..

truth.

Whoever caught that has good ears. I have the tribe song, but would have never connected them together.

Whoever caught that has good ears. I have the tribe song, but would have never connected them together.

MAN that's what I'm sayin.

I'm sure ATCQ is on some "who cares" shit though....hopefully.

yah, phife sounds like a fairy in the OG.

In Millie he sounds like a beast.

pitching yah, but defn some extra umph.

The only people who should sue are the hard working citizens who forked over large paper to see a larger than life braggadocio mother fucker and all they got was a lil' spaz who can't even trot across stage without fucking something up.

silly hip hop nerds just want to show that they've heard a rare ATCQ track...who cares.

Your mum cared last night as I was shagging her.

Your mum cared last night as I was shagging her.

Ha, so do you frequently whisper sweet record nerd nothings into ladies ears while you shag 'em?

(Whisper): Aye girl, you're amazing. You know what else is amazing? Biz Markie supposedly has a ultra rare record of Bob James' 'Take Me To Marti Gras' without any bells or alternative percussion in the beginning...just Steve Gadd playing the drum break" *Busts nut and passes out*...."Next time, I'll tell you about the Lil' Wayne 'millie' beat, girl"....

Ha, so do you frequently whisper sweet record nerd nothings into ladies ears while you shag 'em?

(Whisper): Aye girl, you're amazing. You know what else is amazing? Biz Markie supposedly has a ultra rare record of Bob James' 'Take Me To Marti Gras' without any bells or alternative percussion in the beginning...just Steve Gadd playing the drum break" *Busts nut and passes out*...."Next time, I'll tell you about the Lil' Wayne 'millie' beat, girl"....

:blink:

isn't that an issue concerning the label of ATCQ? as far as i understand the industry the label owns the copyright. nevertheless it would seem hypocritical as their tracks contain samples as well.