Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meaty

Unknown Dilla 12"

10 posts in this topic

"james yancey" is the name listed on the record.

someone emailed me this label and i asked a few people who knew Dilla in 1993 about this record. half of them said, "no of course not," and the other half said, "well ... uh ... could be."

thiqueju6.jpg

"james yancey" is the name listed on the record.

someone emailed me this label and i asked a few people who knew Dilla in 1993 about this record. half of them said, "no of course not," and the other half said, "well ... uh ... could be."

thiqueju6.jpg

listening to it, it definitly has some early Jay Dee feel to it. Smooth keys, tight drums. Plus what other producers named James Yancy would have made someting like this in Detroit in 1993, the same year as 1st Downs first 12" came out?

I once heard it, wasn't impressed though.

But there's another 12", nobody's talking about, limited edition, prod by Jay Dee "released" on a small label owned by a DJ (who became (tragically) more famous since Jay Dee passed) but I'll keep my mouth shut because I (still) don't have it and I don't want to see you all, young STMB's bastards out-bidding me on eBay, LOL

If anyone know what I'm talking about... shhhhhhh!

And if you want to get rid of your copy, holler via PM.

Strickly for the collection. It's in no way a dope song. I haven't heard it but if it sounds anything like 5 Elements or all that other shit I'm good.

BUT I DO NEED A COPY OF THAT! It's prob a 99cent record in the D

how many james yancey's are there in the music world?

but a snippet would help to identify.

JAZZY SAX MIX!!

LOL

Now that's funny

WHAT THE FUNK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.....WHAT RECORD IS THAT....GIVE ME A BETTER HINT THAN THAT. DO YOU HAVE THE JAPAN REMIX HE DID? I GOT A COUPLE OF DILLA THINGS TO TRADE. I MIGHT HAVE AN EXTRA AND I'M IN NO WAY TRYIN TO MAKE MONEY FROM DILLA SHIT. WORD. IF THAT WAS THE CASE I WOULD HAVE THROWN UP THE RUFF DRAFT EP.

Test Pressing of "Donut" anyone

Just kidding Stones Throw. I wouldn't do you guys like that.

does anyone know about a 12" featuring two tracks by busta rhymes called "wuz up" and "have you ever" both produced by dilla? where're these songs from?