#1 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:23 PM

last night comedy central had on the movie special,shit had me crackin up the whole time. the man is a genius!

and next monday and tuesday HBO is going to have on the da ali g show! all the episodes.

#2 HOSS

HOSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:12 PM

youtube.com...peep all shows there as well.

#3 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,501 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:45 PM

borat was funny until sacha baron coen became americas bitch same with ali g :o

#4 Klay Doe

Klay Doe

STMB's Special Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:41 PM

I wouldn't say that Sasha Cohen is America's Bitch. Dude is funny as fuck, and crossed-over to a different demographic. Thats like saying Dave Chappelle is England's Bitch because people like him there. Blame HBO and Comedy Central, not the comedians trying to make a living. Borat and "The Jew Claw"...... Timeless..... :huh:

#5 arlodizzle

arlodizzle

The Unheard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:22 PM

I wouldn't say that Sasha Cohen is America's Bitch. Dude is funny as fuck, and crossed-over to a different demographic. Thats like saying Dave Chappelle is England's Bitch because people like him there. Blame HBO and Comedy Central, not the comedians trying to make a living. Borat and "The Jew Claw"...... Timeless..... :huh:

isnt he jewish too?

#6 Klay Doe

Klay Doe

STMB's Special Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:38 PM

isnt he jewish too?

yeah man..... not sure if he practices the religion faithfully though :huh:

#7 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:42 PM

if my girlfriend wasn't russian i'd find it funny, needless to say she is from that region... after getting to know her friends and family - I am not down with this film...

can we say sterteotype...

stereotype - sorry

#8 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:43 PM

i think that kinda the point is that he is a steriotypical middle eastern and i think the humor is supposed to be more in the way an average american reacts to the situation

#9 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:45 PM

i think that kinda the point is that he is a steriotypical middle eastern and i think the humor is supposed to be more in the way an average american reacts to the situation

hits too close to home.....

#10 kdubs

kdubs

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:54 PM

i thought he was british?

the humor is definitely in the reactions. have you seen the clip on youtube where he's at some hunting range down south? some of the stuff those hicks say is ridiculous! i can see how it would be offensive it the material related to your background. i'm still gonna see the movie though.

#11 bb_double

bb_double

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:u

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:17 PM

yeah i concur, he is definatley makin fun of the american stereotype by being their view of the eastern stereotype

#12 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:18 PM

i thought he was british?

yeah, but i meant the character

#13 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:27 PM

hes actually being Central Asian.... Kazakhstan is the only country in the area that produces enough food to feed its citizens. Their government is corrupt as hell though. I don't really get how it hits too close to home if your girl is Russian, Russian's usually look down on Kazakhs a bit. They have too much of that Mongoloid in them. Too much sheep herding. Ummm, I really like this area of the world thoiugh, everything you can read about it is very fascinating. Russian Imperialism/Western Imperialism has left it completely fucked though. ramble ramble ramble

#14 andt88

andt88

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 01:33 AM

i secoond that. instead of saying he is from kazahkstan you could fill in any other country. It's all about what the americans think of this region, and how stupid some of them are.

#15 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 02:41 AM

hes actually being Central Asian.... Kazakhstan is the only country in the area that produces enough food to feed its citizens. Their government is corrupt as hell though. I don't really get how it hits too close to home if your girl is Russian, Russian's usually look down on Kazakhs a bit. They have too much of that Mongoloid in them. Too much sheep herding. Ummm, I really like this area of the world thoiugh, everything you can read about it is very fascinating. Russian Imperialism/Western Imperialism has left it completely fucked though. ramble ramble ramble

she's from kazakhstan------

#16 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 04:42 AM

I wouldn't say that Sasha Cohen is America's Bitch. Dude is funny as fuck, and crossed-over to a different demographic. Thats like saying Dave Chappelle is England's Bitch because people like him there. Blame HBO and Comedy Central, not the comedians trying to make a living. Borat and "The Jew Claw"...... Timeless..... :)

id say 97% of british people have no idea who dave chappelle is,he has never been on tv over here ive only ever saw him on youtube

both the borat and ali g characters were funnier when he did his shows here,some of the american ones are ok but i think the guy has run out of ideas or his characters just becom a cliche of themselves

#17 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:59 AM

she's from kazakhstan------

oh ok. thats different. Actually, the only person I've ever met from Kazakhstan was a beautiful Russian girl that was an exchange student at my high school. She wanted the USSR back because her family was better off during communism. She did seem rich though so you know what that means, there are only a couple of ways to get money in this area and its usually not from being nice. :o
Anyways, do you guys know anything about Turkmenistan or Turkmenbashi?

#18 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:04 PM

i think i can easily find out.... I'll get back at ya.

#19 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 06:40 PM

i secoond that. instead of saying he is from kazahkstan you could fill in any other country. It's all about what the americans think of this region, and how stupid some of them are.

nailed it

#20 4% earf bodee X

4% earf bodee X

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:19 PM

i want to see that Will Ferell movie where that lady is an author and writing a book, and whatever she writes, it happens to him and neither knows what's going on. This movie will be full of hi jinx.

#21 taza_one

taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • 3,460 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/titobeats

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:16 PM

i want to see that Will Ferell movie where that lady is an author and writing a book, and whatever she writes, it happens to him and neither knows what's going on. This movie will be full of hi jinx.

Now that sounds like a good movie. This Borat shit looks like trash. Not feelin' it.

#22 AeorosolBreath

AeorosolBreath

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, books, art, drugs, stuff...

Posted 02 November 2006 - 05:33 AM

i think this will ferell movie looks like crap...

#23 arlodizzle

arlodizzle

The Unheard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 05:40 PM

i think this will ferell movie looks like crap...

i dont like will ferrell.. at all. :o

#24 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:03 PM

i dont like will ferrell.. at all. :o

oh yea I just remembered I need to watch Talledega Nights

#25 taza_one

taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • 3,460 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/titobeats

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:54 AM

Now that I've seen the Stranger than Fiction trailer, it looks like as big a piece of shit as Borat, if that's possible.

#26 AeorosolBreath

AeorosolBreath

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, books, art, drugs, stuff...

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:44 AM

borat's dope... even if you don't like the character borat you couldn't hate on all the sarcasm and satire in this movie... for example this scene with those college-students who don't even know the difference between russia and kazakhstan, askin borat (borat seems to be a very complicated name so they call him "boris" ) if there are have sex-slaves who are forced to fuck in russia and shit like that... that's just hilarious...

#27 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:23 AM

its not really about sarcasm(cos sarcasm tends to be shit unless its done correctly) borats about making dumb people look even more dumber

on a related note i saw on yahoo news a worker got sacked after borat duped her i dunno the details il dig it up

here we go

TV news producer Dharma Arthur, 50, claims Cohen’s antics during a visit to her studio caused her to spiral into depression.

In the film, out today, Borat visits a live noon news show on a local TV station in Mississippi. While on the air, the Kazakh news correspondent, wreaks havoc with the anchor and weatherman.

He makes sexual and obscene references and stands up during the interview so that he’s out of frame. The segment is cut short, after which Borat wanders into the live weather report.

Ms Arthur who unwittingly booked Borat, recently wrote to Newsweek calling herself one of Cohen’s many “victims”.

“Because of him, my boss lost faith in my abilities and second-guessed everything I did thereafter,” she said.

“I spiralled into depression, and before I could recover, I was released from my contract early. It took me three months to find another job, and now I'm thousands of dollars in debt and struggling to keep my house out of foreclosure.

“Think of all the other people who've probably been fired because of his antics.”

There have been no other reports of people losing their jobs over Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, which opened nationwide this week.

#28 DeeSupreme

DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:51 AM

“I spiralled into depression, and before I could recover, I was released from my contract early. It took me three months to find another job, and now I'm thousands of dollars in debt and struggling to keep my house out of foreclosure."

shiit thats sad XD

#29 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:41 PM

i saw him on the daily show last night, and either thats cohen as a person or he really stays in character, cause he was pulling some shit too. with jew jokes and being ignorant.

and that commercial for the new farrell movie was on, it kinda reminds me of i heart huckabees, with the life sorting thing going on.

#30 Klay Doe

Klay Doe

STMB's Special Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:33 PM

"I Have Dreams That Rick James Killed My Mama..." - Curtis Jackson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users