The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 12:54 PM

music biz 101
if you did the beat, you wrote half the song
madlib did not write perc's verses people. if you just listen to his shit, you can tell w/o the credits
who cares if madlib can read music or not? the dude plays like every instrument except horns

and why is the outro the sickest beat on there?

#62 Alchemy1

Alchemy1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:12 PM

music biz 101
if you did the beat, you wrote half the song
madlib did not write perc's verses people. if you just listen to his shit, you can tell w/o the credits
who cares if madlib can read music or not? the dude plays like every instrument except horns

and why is the outro the sickest beat on there?

You can't "arrange" in the classic sense of the word if you can't read music. Typically arranging means to take one piece of music meant for one instrument and figuring out the notes so that you can play it on another instrument. High school/college bands do it all the time with popular music...especially HBCU's. That is the only reason that question even came to mind. Still, I think that is a fair question. It's not to say he doesn't have skills...it's just wanting to know more about the artist.

This is the entire reason I put the last sentence in my first post. People around here get so sensitive about "their" ST artist/music. That is one of the reasons why underground heads can be so whack. They want to keep the artist and the music all to themselves, not realizing that there are thousands of others fans out there as well and as we have seen with ST recently(new tour/video game/cd collabo)...maybe they want to branch out and reach an new market.

#63 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:42 PM

It's not valid to want to know who wrote the lyrics on a particular album? Why even have liner notes then? Let alone a 16 page booklet complete with lyrics.

i dunno mate i dont really buy cd's

#64 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:44 PM

This is the entire reason I put the last sentence in my first post. People around here get so sensitive about "their" ST artist/music. That is one of the reasons why underground heads can be so whack. They want to keep the artist and the music all to themselves, not realizing that there are thousands of others fans out there as well and as we have seen with ST recently(new tour/video game/cd collabo)...maybe they want to branch out and reach an new market.

I don't think anyone is "hating" or "protecting the artist" or anything, it's just that as far as I've noticed you always see both the producers and the rapper/s names in the credits for the song (and if a sample is cleared, even the sampled artists name/s).

#65 captaincookie

captaincookie

STMC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:55 PM

Percee P's album drops tomorrow?!?!?

Hot Damn!

#66 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,101 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

Posted Image
  • NickleBanks likes this

#67 zmister

zmister

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Naw see it aint like that

0 user(s) are reading this topic