• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:(We are twin producers/rappers) We make produce songs and beats in my basement. Currently working on our album which we might rap on too if there is time (hopefully it will be done by the summer, if we have the songs made by the end of July, then we will spit)... We have made so many beats but for our album we have 3 songs...<br /><br />We use a MPC1000 and a turntable more than anything else we have. We use an M-audio to arrange into sony acid...<br /><br />We own a microkorg, Yamaha mm6, planet phatt, stanton cdj; however these items mostly collect dust...<br /><br />Very inspired by MADLIB's hotel setup, thats why we are getting a mpc500 and a pt-01... We also need it so we can both be on MPC and not just watch the other one make beats...<br /><br />Right now I am listening to King Geedorah &quot;Take me to your leader&quot; and &quot;Madvilliany&quot; by madvillian<br /><br />MF doom and Madlib are true hip hop artists, thats fo sho

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:24 AM

Lot a hating on DanSmith lately...

First things last......the people in the game now didnt get to be where they are by "living life" or "taken their time" on sh**. Some of you do this for a hobby, I dont...

You have to know that if there is somebody who wants it more than you do, they will succeed and you will fail but make b*** excuses like Im taking my time, living life, etc...

Oh about my records question, I just wanted some opinions, its not like I do everything everybody tells me too... You got to have your own style but at the same time be aware of what other people are doing.

Guess nobody here has watched BEATKINGS because that film will hit you with real knowledge.

All it takes is one person who wants it more than you... Just one person..... Thats why you old folks (middle age folks) are still grinding but not succeeding...

Im going to go back to producing, but just want to let you haters know that ima keep doing my thing and you guys can go back to your "hobby"

THIS AINT NO GAME, EVERYBODY AT MY TOWN THINKS ITS ONE BIG JOKE, JUST LIKE YOU GUYS

Im going to go to college, but a 9-5 is the last thing I want to do.....Im driven...............

#2 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,499 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:32 AM

First things last......the people in the game now didnt get to be where they are by "living life" or "taken their time" on sh**. Some of you do this for a hobby, I dont...

You have to know that if there is somebody who wants it more than you do, they will succeed and you will fail but make b*** excuses like Im taking my time, living life, etc...

Oh about my records question, I just wanted some opinions, its not like I do everything everybody tells me too... You got to have your own style but at the same time be aware of what other people are doing.

Guess nobody here has watched BEATKINGS because that film will hit you with real knowledge.

All it takes is one person who wants it more than you... Just one person..... Thats why you old folks (middle age folks) are still grinding but not succeeding...

Im going to go back to producing, but just want to let you haters know that ima keep doing my thing and you guys can go back to your "hobby"

THIS AINT NO GAME, EVERYBODY AT MY TOWN THINKS ITS ONE BIG JOKE, JUST LIKE YOU GUYS

Im going to go to college, but a 9-5 is the last thing I want to do.....Im driven...............

your right dan your more talented than anyone else here thats why its just a hobby to us,i hope you continue to post here when your famous :D

p.s

ive seen beatkings am i down?

#3 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

i feel privelaged to share these moments with a future star. wow.

seriously though Dan, have you had sex yet?

#4 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:53 AM

damn man, firstly, to me it seems like ur making music for the wrong reasons, u constantly refere to how u want to show those around you i.e. school and ur little ass town, that u can do something. imo, u shouldnt use music to show how u feel superior to others. secondly the chances of ne one on this board, or ne other board for that matter, making any kind of succesful paths into the music industry are slim to none, thats just life being a bitch. thirdly if ur "grinding" so hard then where do u get the to post up all these topics? :D

good luck with what ur doing but dont expect to feel welcome in any social environment, let alone a message board, if all u wanna do is use it as a resource for help, u gotta give something too.

#5 asterikss

asterikss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:58 AM

..shiit this dude is fucked in the head.. :D ..first i thought hes a young maafakka, but now i see hes a young maafakka that got fakked in tha head! ..shit WTF, man? ..chill, we do net give away the know-how of what we do, because we got our own shit and we do not, repeat, do not want that some pussy ass wobbler steals our know-hows, man! :)

..or maybe im just drunk..

..jahbless!

#6 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:10 PM

actually i forgot to mention DAN POST UP YOUR BEATS!!! i want to hear a next level beatmaker in action so i can act all old and bitter about how i could have been . . .

p.s

have you had sex yet? patch is right enquiring minds wanna know

#7 jayred

jayred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Watching the A-Team.

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:48 PM

I've only seen the Beat Kings section on youtube...I'll never be a good producer now.

#8 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:48 PM

yah these are all very valuable points dan you should take not and stop acting like a retard.

post your beats tho lets hear em.

i promise to be unbiased.

#9 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:44 PM

I could of swore you were the one bitching about how you can't make a beat without your brother to show you how its done. Never realized you are so advanced all of a sudden.

#10 Genesis

Genesis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:47 PM

BURRRNED...like Meatwad would say

#11 Svetnik

Svetnik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Djing, Music, Producing

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:48 PM

20 bucks that in 2 to 4 years you will recover you in an fucked up office job, where they don't pay you a shit.

But anyway, good luck on becoming a world-famous producer!

#12 Genesis

Genesis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:51 PM

I feel that you are defeating your self by acting so narrow minded. Despite what it may seem, there are many dimensions in life...you don't have to do any one thing...The Secret is REAL lol

At first I was like you, trying to prove the haters wrong, and I have a few bcuz my style is very different...check my myspace, I posted some beats...But I learned that music is an art, art is expression not competition...

But yea, I feel like you sometimes...you're hungry, so I guess that's "good". But don't come out generalizing everyone saying that we do it as a hobby, I do it for fun, but at the same time I'm making LPs, EPs etc. and making money...I think a few others are too, like Patch Lunch...but I'm not sure....You're sounding mad commercial on a STMB...

How long have you been doing this beat making thing anyways?

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

Does anyone have a megaupload or torrent of BeatKings to share???

Yea I got kinda discursive...fuck it and check my myspace :)

#13 DeeSupreme

DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:59 PM

^damn that was a reality check :) haha... true though...

#14 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:(We are twin producers/rappers) We make produce songs and beats in my basement. Currently working on our album which we might rap on too if there is time (hopefully it will be done by the summer, if we have the songs made by the end of July, then we will spit)... We have made so many beats but for our album we have 3 songs...<br /><br />We use a MPC1000 and a turntable more than anything else we have. We use an M-audio to arrange into sony acid...<br /><br />We own a microkorg, Yamaha mm6, planet phatt, stanton cdj; however these items mostly collect dust...<br /><br />Very inspired by MADLIB's hotel setup, thats why we are getting a mpc500 and a pt-01... We also need it so we can both be on MPC and not just watch the other one make beats...<br /><br />Right now I am listening to King Geedorah &quot;Take me to your leader&quot; and &quot;Madvilliany&quot; by madvillian<br /><br />MF doom and Madlib are true hip hop artists, thats fo sho

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:01 PM

I guess you guys figure Nas just woke up one day poored some coffee in his cup and said "Im think im gonna make a hit today."

wrong

I think I was mistaken, this message board has way more haters then futureproducers does......by the way thats alot...........

#15 Genesis

Genesis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:05 PM

I guess you guys figure Nas just woke up one day poored some coffee in his cup and said "Im think im gonna make a hit today."

wrong

I think I was mistaken, this message board has way more haters then futureproducers does......by the way thats alot...........

Aww shutup...

No one is hating on you, you call this hate...No one, at least that I know of said anything like, "Man that nigga DanSmith is some hot garbage", or "DanSmith is some shit"...

Just because ppl aren't giving you what you want, there is no need to get mad...

Plus I think that there is a BIG difference between Iowa and Queens, NY...lo

By the way when are you posting some beats?l

#16 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

nas was rhyming on classic records at your age,the guy has/had (depending on how you look at him) a natural talent for rhyming and lyrics,do you think if the internet was as widley used then as it it is now when he was coming up he would start a million threads about himself?

some things should be left to figure out by yourself you know?

p.s

what is with the pressure you put on yourself to get this album out so quick,you say youl rhyme on it if there is time? you have all the time in the world son

seriously re-read your threads,no one is hating on you you've just worn everyone down and starting this thread you have pissed everyone off

by all means go back to futureproducers whatever that is

have fun

#17 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

By the way when are you posting some beats?l

^^^oh yeh back to your beats dan POST EM UP!! time to show and prove

#18 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

wrong

In order to make interesting art you need to live an interesting life with an interesting point of view. I think you are failing miserably.

#19 Genesis

Genesis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

In order to make interesting art you need to live an interesting life with an interesting point of view. I think you are failing miserably.

hahaaa...I feel like an e-Bully

fuck it check out my myspace...my sig

#20 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:20 PM

wow. that was EXACTLY what i was thinking about. infact i think about that most days. when i'm not discussing the elements with KRS..

#21 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:51 PM

this message board has way more haters then futureproducers does......by the way thats alot...........

yo you still didnt put up any of your beats whats the dilly yo.

Why dont you put them up to shut us up..

or are your beats actually wack? and yo know it.

come on son, dont cry, put em up.

#22 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,900 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:18 PM

I just read this whole thread and man oh man...........

Middle Aged? :)

Then what do you call these guys:

Pete Rock (37)
Rza (38)
DJ Premier (40)
Dr. Dre (42)
Marley Marl (44)

#23 Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*

Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:26 PM

I just read this whole thread and man oh man...........

Middle Aged? :)

Then what do you call these guys:

Pete Rock (37)
Rza (38)
DJ Premier (40)
Dr. Dre (42)
Marley Marl (44)

B)

#24 arlodizzle

arlodizzle

The Unheard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:13 PM

First off, the following is constructive criticism. If you consider this "hating," and continue to "hate" on us, you will be relegated to the level of respect that, that JAH LOVe. character has, which is none.

1. You sound white. No one is going to take white boy seriously talking like that. That is White Rapper Show territory.
2. We ain't "hating," we are just thinking realistically. Obviously you don't know what you want to do with your future, and if you did you wouldn't be making these grand statements.
3. If your knowledge of hip-hop is "Beat Kings" you have no business attempting to make a hip-hop record. You have to know about the past to know what the future holds, you have to go full circle, if you will.
4. We know you have an MPC. It's not a status symbol, do not flaunt it as such.
5. We aren't middle aged. Just guess how old I am.
6. Find a mentor and discuss your future.
7. Lastly, you sound like a tool. Just because something is cool doesn't mean you have to do it.

Thank you for your time.

#25 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:31 PM

Pete Rock (37)
Rza (38)
DJ Premier (40)
Dr. Dre (42)
Marley Marl (44)

These guys were successful and driven, what I was trying to say was some of you only think of this as a hobby, whereas I take it seriously. All those guys have been making music since they were young, (40's isnt old, but its old if your STILL trying to get in the game)

When I post on this message board, its to get away from producing for alittle bit, I like message boards. I like to know what others are doing, like to know others styles and techniques, the more techniques and styles I know the easier it is to make my own. THE FOOL THAT IGNORES OTHERS WAYS, AND SURCUMBS TO HIS OWN WAYS STAYS A FOOL FOREVER...

Im not gonna post my beats because some busta wants me to, like I said, when the album gets done, yall will hear it in its entirty.

Like Kayne West said "I used to make wack beats, it doesnt mean sh**, look at me now, Im the best..."

Yeah, I post alot, I got alot to say. Ive been talking about Beatkings alot lately because its a very good inspiring documentary.

Sometimes this message board is wack, people up hear dissing on Madlib. NEWS FLASH--THIS WEBSITE IS STONES THROW WEBSITE THE LABEL MADLIB IS ON, IF YOU DONT LIKE MADLIB GET THE H3LL OUT OF HERE!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!!

I dont understand people who diss artists anyway, because at the end of the day, you diss an artists he is still richer and more popular than you and most of the people on here (self included)...

Basically, where I live there is nobody to teach me, nothing to learn from, nobody to give me support........Nobody....................I learned this all by myself, and with some help from the web, people who actually give advice............

I also listened carefully to what those before me did by listening closely to albums i have, listening to the tempo, effects, etc.........

Go back to playing with toy trains, the game aint no hobby....

#26 soulstice

soulstice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:38 PM

dude your on a message board........shut the fuck up

#27 Genesis

Genesis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:40 PM

Round 1

FIGHT!!!....ughhh

:P

#28 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:42 PM

dude your on a message board........shut the fuck up

You think I started this?

WHy dont you not post, you shut the f*** up..........

What was the point to your post?

#29 soulstice

soulstice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:44 PM

You think I started this?

WHy dont you not post, you shut the f*** up..........

What was the point to your post?

I dont be postin 10 times a day like I got no life......I done with this.

#30 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:44 PM

Theres alot of stupidier post then me by far

Like the other day when I saw a naked dude on here, whats the point of that?

Or the "Whats your Favorite Toy store thread?" who gives a f***

So with so many other stupid posts why target DanSmith?

Because you dont got anything better to do, thats the truth..............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users