dude,

you're wack.

#33 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:(We are twin producers/rappers) We make produce songs and beats in my basement. Currently working on our album which we might rap on too if there is time (hopefully it will be done by the summer, if we have the songs made by the end of July, then we will spit)... We have made so many beats but for our album we have 3 songs...<br /><br />We use a MPC1000 and a turntable more than anything else we have. We use an M-audio to arrange into sony acid...<br /><br />We own a microkorg, Yamaha mm6, planet phatt, stanton cdj; however these items mostly collect dust...<br /><br />Very inspired by MADLIB's hotel setup, thats why we are getting a mpc500 and a pt-01... We also need it so we can both be on MPC and not just watch the other one make beats...<br /><br />Right now I am listening to King Geedorah &quot;Take me to your leader&quot; and &quot;Madvilliany&quot; by madvillian<br /><br />MF doom and Madlib are true hip hop artists, thats fo sho

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:49 PM

dude,

you're wack.

I guess you posted before you read.............

why dont you think posting a picture of naked men is wack???????

do you have an answer to that, because I didnt see you b****ing about that,

but when I post, its a f***ing way out of line

#34 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:55 PM

whatever man,

people had a problem initially with my post,

i had people calling for my head and to ban me from the board...

i explained my position and my thought process behind it and now people support me and understand where i was coming from and for the most part agree...

see, you cant seem to make people understand where you are coming from because you just keep talkig shit,

youre whole position is like
"Im right, you are wrong"

if everyone is saying you're wrong, you should maybe think about why.

perhaps its what you are saying, and how you are saying it.

#35 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:(We are twin producers/rappers) We make produce songs and beats in my basement. Currently working on our album which we might rap on too if there is time (hopefully it will be done by the summer, if we have the songs made by the end of July, then we will spit)... We have made so many beats but for our album we have 3 songs...<br /><br />We use a MPC1000 and a turntable more than anything else we have. We use an M-audio to arrange into sony acid...<br /><br />We own a microkorg, Yamaha mm6, planet phatt, stanton cdj; however these items mostly collect dust...<br /><br />Very inspired by MADLIB's hotel setup, thats why we are getting a mpc500 and a pt-01... We also need it so we can both be on MPC and not just watch the other one make beats...<br /><br />Right now I am listening to King Geedorah &quot;Take me to your leader&quot; and &quot;Madvilliany&quot; by madvillian<br /><br />MF doom and Madlib are true hip hop artists, thats fo sho

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:00 PM

whatever man,

people had a problem initially with my post,

i had people calling for my head and to ban me from the board...
i explained my position and my thought process behind it and now people support me and understand where i was coming from and for the most part agree...
see, you cant seem to make people understand where you are coming from because you just keep talkig shit,

youre whole position is like"Im right, you are wrong"
if everyone is saying you're wrong you should maybe think about why.
perhaps its what you are saying and how you are saying it.

wtf is there to be wrong or right about.............

There is nothing to be right or wrong about, you a straight player hater..

Heres my position, on my forums you and the same mfers have been picking at me for some reason, wtf am i supposed to say?

Heres what Im supposed to say:

Yeah I ask some questions, yeah I want to know what you all are doing because there aint no goddamn person with a clue of what I do in my f***ing town, not one person who cares about music the way I do so even though for the most part I got my game down tight, I still have questions, In this game you never become a master, you always are a student, forever....................

#36 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:10 PM

uhhh, not true,

a master will always learn, perhaps the true sign of a master, admitting he does not know all.

you can master yourself, that way you can get the most out of life with the littlest exurtion but you will always learn, that will never stop...

The way you put it, student sounds dumb,
a master, you make it sound unattainble,
both are untrue.

how old are? Im 30, and im just really learning this stuff myself.

anyhow, i dont know why you think people are hating on you (as you started this thread)
maybe people are just hating on you in your real life and your real life sucks...

well guess what, smarting up or you'll get run over throughout your whole life....

believe me i know from experience,,
perhaps thats been my passage from student to master,
however Im still learning and will do every day, but I will never act stupid.

Posted Image

#37 DanSmith

DanSmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:14 PM

anyhow, i dont know why you think people are hating on you (as you started this thread)
maybe people are just hating on you in your real life and your real life sucks...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there was alot of responses when I posted this thread so Im obviously not making it up? duh...

My life doesnt suck by the way: got a great part time job that pays lots, and I dont do anything ( I repair computers, but usually my boss just lets me surf the net.), Got a studio, good beats, etc......

You got one thing right though, there are haters in my real life........they all over.....

Not that I dont have friends but theres not many friends to have when there are less then 200 people who go to your school......................................................

#38 ren

ren

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:19 PM

dude you made up this trhead by beginning it with the statement that people were hating on you.

whne you greet someone by saying "fuck you"
they wont like you.

when you begin on the wrong foot its hard to get on the right.

yah dig,

youre thread started off negative,
so guess what?...

the responses were negative.
  • mplsSOUL likes this

#39 jayred

jayred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Watching the A-Team.

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:53 PM

Posted Image

#40 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:56 PM

wtf is there to be wrong or right about.............

There is nothing to be right or wrong about, you a straight player hater..

Heres my position, on my forums you and the same mfers have been picking at me for some reason, wtf am i supposed to say?
Heres what Im supposed to say:

Yeah I ask some questions, yeah I want to know what you all are doing because there aint no goddamn person with a clue of what I do in my f***ing town, not one person who cares about music the way I do so even though for the most part I got my game down tight, I still have questions, In this game you never become a master, you always are a student, forever....................

lesson 1, you ain't got your game downtight.

Special thoughts from Topeka KS

#41 durty finga

durty finga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:28 PM

Pete Rock (37)
Rza (38)
DJ Premier (40)
Dr. Dre (42)
Marley Marl (44)

These guys were successful and driven, what I was trying to say was some of you only think of this as a hobby, whereas I take it seriously. All those guys have been making music since they were young, (40's isnt old, but its old if your STILL trying to get in the game)

When I post on this message board, its to get away from producing for alittle bit, I like message boards. I like to know what others are doing, like to know others styles and techniques, the more techniques and styles I know the easier it is to make my own. THE FOOL THAT IGNORES OTHERS WAYS, AND SURCUMBS TO HIS OWN WAYS STAYS A FOOL FOREVER...

Im not gonna post my beats because some busta wants me to, like I said, when the album gets done, yall will hear it in its entirty.

Like Kayne West said "I used to make wack beats, it doesnt mean sh**, look at me now, Im the best..."

Yeah, I post alot, I got alot to say. Ive been talking about Beatkings alot lately because its a very good inspiring documentary.

Sometimes this message board is wack, people up hear dissing on Madlib. NEWS FLASH--THIS WEBSITE IS STONES THROW WEBSITE THE LABEL MADLIB IS ON, IF YOU DONT LIKE MADLIB GET THE H3LL OUT OF HERE!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!!

I dont understand people who diss artists anyway, because at the end of the day, you diss an artists he is still richer and more popular than you and most of the people on here (self included)...

Basically, where I live there is nobody to teach me, nothing to learn from, nobody to give me support........Nobody....................I learned this all by myself, and with some help from the web, people who actually give advice............

I also listened carefully to what those before me did by listening closely to albums i have, listening to the tempo, effects, etc.........
Go back to playing with toy trains, the game aint no hobby....

I just couldnt resist saying something here.

You need to start reading more than posting. Theres people on these boards that been on the boards since well Feb 02 and in the game before that. I have little doubt that you were probably jacking off to Dragonball Z or some shit at the time. You have no real clue what The Game is all about. If you did you wouldnt be here posting about it. so STFU...no hate =)

#42 asterikss

asterikss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:50 PM

..post beats, then we will see who is wack, ok?

p.s. ..you can catch my beats on signature!
..jahbless!

#43 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,496 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:55 AM

you a straight player hater..

:blink: i dont even know how people can say that shit without joking
  • AzMatic likes this

#44 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:01 AM

Im not gonna post my beats because some busta wants me to, like I said, when the album gets done, yall will hear it in its entirty.

see that's just arrogance.
you think you're above critisicm? shit. u keep bitchin about how no one on here gives you advice, why dont u play us some of your fuckin music? always a good place to start, if u want adivce on production techniques, sample sources etc...

#45 asterikss

asterikss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:07 AM

..thats right, when i started here i posted beats, they, ofcourse was dope :blink:! ..thats the first thing to do!

..peace!
..jahbless!

#46 Bill Collector

Bill Collector

Heel to the Balls

• Members
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:09 AM

:blink: i dont even know how people can say that shit without joking

i'm probably the biggest player hater of all. i have more hate in me than mr.roboto himself!

#47 Echo

Echo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Jazz <br />Soul <br />F1 Racing<br />Typography<br /><br />reach.echo@gmail.com

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:39 AM

Lot a hating on DanSmith lately...

First things last......the people in the game now didnt get to be where they are by "living life" or "taken their time" on sh**. Some of you do this for a hobby, I dont...

You have to know that if there is somebody who wants it more than you do, they will succeed and you will fail but make b*** excuses like Im taking my time, living life, etc...

Oh about my records question, I just wanted some opinions, its not like I do everything everybody tells me too... You got to have your own style but at the same time be aware of what other people are doing.

Guess nobody here has watched BEATKINGS because that film will hit you with real knowledge.

All it takes is one person who wants it more than you... Just one person..... Thats why you old folks (middle age folks) are still grinding but not succeeding...

Im going to go back to producing, but just want to let you haters know that ima keep doing my thing and you guys can go back to your "hobby"

THIS AINT NO GAME, EVERYBODY AT MY TOWN THINKS ITS ONE BIG JOKE, JUST LIKE YOU GUYS

Im going to go to college, but a 9-5 is the last thing I want to do.....Im driven...............

This clown can not be for real, is this Danny Hoch from the movie White Boys?

#48 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:49 AM

simple way to solve this kid, post up ur beats, if not then what the fuck are u contributing to this message board, u cant expect people to help you and give advice if ur not willin to give a little something,

bottom line, post up ur beats, we'll tell u what we think, and give feedback on how to get better

dont be steppin to us sayin, "i want it more than you" if u aint presenting nothin.

either fuck up or fuck off

#49 ejectorset

ejectorset

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:56 AM

here's the deal. i'm not "hatin", just consider this some advice.

i'm 30 so i guess i'm one of those "middle aged folks" as you put it.
i have a 9 to 5. music is not a hobby for me. it just isn't my "career".

i've only been on this site for maybe 2 weeks. probably half of the threads i have read in that time were started by you. that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it definately gives me (us) some insight into your world.

so here's the advice off the top of my head:
your album doesn't matter. it sounds like you want it so you can show people at school that you aren't a joke, in fact you have said that. there are still going to be people that think you are a joke.
those people don't matter.

more importantly though, you are not going to make the definitive dansmith album now. no matter how hard you try, even if your brother drops the gf and puts in as many hours on it as you do, you are not ready. so don't worry about it so much.

here's how i know you aren't ready - you are on here asking people what records to buy. what gear to buy, etc. there is nothing wrong with that if you don't have a group of people you can ask in person locally. that is what is great about forums like this. however i can tell without a doubt that you are not to the point in your music making where you have found your style. that is not a bad thing, everybody goes through it. it takes a lot of time and a lot writing and it isn't something you can force.

you say you have drive. i can tell. drive is definately good. but if you had already found yourself muscially you would already know what i am about to say...

fuck your brother. he's obviously not as into this as you. you seem to feel you need him to do it. you don't. well, right now you might, in fact you probably do as you seem to feel like you do. that makes it seem like you feel he has more skills than you. but in the long run you won't need him.

so to sum things up i say, forget the album, take your drive and spend all summer (or whatever you time frame was) and listen to and make as much music as you can. don't worry about making the best tracks, make tons. save all of them. when you get to the point that things slow down and you don't know what to do next on a song/idea, start a new one.
learn your mpcs and whatever else you have inside out. try out every feature and see where it leads you.
the more music you make the more you will start to find your own style. your own workflow. 20 or 30 or 50 tracks/songs/beats/ideas from now you won't need your brother.

probably when your time is up you will have 3 or 4 strong ideas you can finish up into good songs and have a really really strong EP. a really strong EP of your style once you find your style will do a lot more for you than an album of stuff you (and your brother who is currently distracted) would make right now.

most importantly don't ever lose the drive. you are going to need that once you find your style.

of and definately take advantage of people on this site that are willing to listen to your tracks and give you feedback as it sounds like you don't have that resource locally. post up tons of ideas (find a way to do it without having to start tons of threads) before they are finished to see what people suggest. you don't have to follow all of the suggestions but feedback is good.
  • AzMatic likes this

#50 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:35 AM

ejectorset, u may have killed this thread, in a good way :)
  • AzMatic likes this

#51 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:40 AM

THANK YOU

p.s. post the beat that you think is your best so far a lot of people on this board have more experience then you and would most likely give you some good criticism

#52 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:20 AM

ejectorset has said it all so dansmith just read that and if you still dont get it read it again

the end

i hope

#53 Josh G

Josh G

Gonzo

• Members
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:22 AM

man i cant wait till this kid is the next Dre and he's laughing at us surrounded by mpc's in his mansion.

#54 Josh G

Josh G

Gonzo

• Members
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:22 AM

p.s sorry shakey

#55 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:27 AM

p.s sorry shakey

haha its all good i meant the end of dans constant dribbling

#56 Genesis

Genesis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:31 AM

Hey critisize my beats...no one has done it before..,

#57 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,917 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:32 AM

Damn...where was I when all this went down?

DanSmith -

1. You talk a whole mess of shit on a wide range of things.

2. You are constantly talking trash about people being less driven than you.

3. You ask people here for advaice or tips, and we have provided in most cases.

4. You act like you're the shit, and yet no one here has heard a single one of your tracks.

5. Numbers one through four are the reason you're getting hate now. It's a good idea to be humble with your game, even if you ARE the shit.

6. You have a lot to learn...we all do...but being a prick won't earn you any teachers or mentors...it'll make people dislike you.

7. If you're gonna talk a big game, make sure you can back it up.

8. You have the attitude and self-image of Kanye, but without a single note of music to back it.

9. If you're so driven and constantly making music, then why are you on here as much as you are?

10. I don't really have anything else to say at the moment, but I thought this would look better if I hit ten points.

Peace.
-- J
  • AzMatic likes this

#58 sera#1

sera#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:43 PM

let's just ignore this DanSmith!!!!! oh and....NoHate;)

#59 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,074 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:48 PM

I guess you guys figure Nas just woke up one day poored some coffee in his cup and said "Im think im gonna make a hit today."

Yo, it wasn't coffee, son...it was a capri sun juice bag.

Anyways, relaaaaaaaax Dan Smith. It's all good here, no need to start referring to yourself in the third person (not a good look). but seriously, if you feel that someone is hating on you then fuck em', right?

At any rate, just chill out, don't get distracted with this b.s. and make some beats. I just peeped your myspace and there ain't no beats on it but there is a blog post from last week where you claim that you have two hot beats to post very soon....where are they? You want this worse than anyone here, right? Seriously though, if you really want it, then do more than just stir up a bunch of salty haters (such as myself) with posts like this.

Relaaaax, fuck the nonsense, make beats, talk about em' with people on boards.......and post some music young hungry cat!!!

#60 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,074 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:52 PM

Hey critisize my beats...no one has done it before..,

Your beats are so ill they make me want to puke in my hands and smear it on the next person to walk by me, yo. Sike, I've listened to your shit I love it...as a matter of fact, I'm going to reach out to you right now on myspace and ask you to be my buddy. MD stand the fuck up (what does that mean anyways?). By the way, I love that fuckin' image you have on your myspace (the default pic).

Later, double 0.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users