• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:15 PM

:unsure: You know what it is...

VOTING RULES

1. 1st vote is your final vote.

2. No votes after the deadline.

3. Voting will start NOW and End Sunday June 10th @ 10AM EST.

4. We'll vote by simply stating the name of the person. Please be sure when you vote and do not edit it.

5. YOU CANNOT vote for yourself.

6. You can only vote if you've been a member since June 3rd...UNLESS you have a beat entered.

THE RECAP

SubBass49
Bill
Josh G
Him
quasquasquas
G-ONG
The Wig Master
TheA3

Make sure I didn't leave you out and make sure your links work.

#2 Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*

Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:23 PM

subbass, you did great, but i'd have to vote for big bill. killed those chops.

#3 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:41 PM

Thanks Doom...I appreciate it...but I'm with ya on the Bill vote...though I'd have to say that G-ONG and TheA3 were close runners up. In fact, If I wasn't such a fan of glitchy work I'd have probably voted for theA3.

So enough of that...my vote goes to:

Bill

EDIT: Yo A3...what'd you use to make your basslines? They're fuckin dope...

#4 TheA3

TheA3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:11 PM

Right now I'm on the MV-8000 for one more week :unsure: Theres a couple tight bass patches on there that I filter. Really any bass/sine synth sound will work, especially after you filter it. I'll post my vote later, PEACE.

#5 jazzur

jazzur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:55 AM

ok

JukeBox....liked it ...nice vibe....but beat got a bit stagnant .

Bill.....quirky , interesting....nice sculpture type thing.....more like folds than cuts...like it...would have been nice with some straight trumpet over the top of it all.

Josh G.....Deeep moody....nicee crusty chord n static but best of all is the way it stutters/cuts along with the groove.....im a sucker for dusty , grainy, chords...lovin that one.

Him.....started dull and went downhill from there.....could of had a nice vibe but lacked energy throughout.

quasquasquas......very quiet and faint?.....like the flute parts you took but like 'HIM' very tame and bit dull but again lackin energy.

G-ong.....heavy backing sub beat... pretty adventurous moves throughout ...sometimes off and then back on beat... a bit like bills in that its animated and visual...is good ya!

The Wig Master......loved what you tried for...just think it could gell more if you spent a little longer on it......starts well....not sure about the synth and didnt really go anywhere from there....but good angle and feel. just wasnt finished enough.

TheA3.....New Entry?!.......starts off a bit typical and safe and just hovers around after that......needs some personality and a dare to be different angle......very sameold sameold.....allthough you obviously know how to stick things together....didnt really work on the sample enough for me...but one to watch if he gives it his all i thinks.

and thats it....just a few this week....i didnt enter ..no time and loads of hastle this week...sods law i got plenty of time today...i would love a saturday - sunday beatbattle...but anyway heres my vote.

Bill just gets it over Josh G....allthough they are different styles and came down to which one would i buy if i had to put one back kind a thing....then its gotta be .....

I vote BILL

#6 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:57 AM

g-ong was dope but i gotta go with A3

#7 G-ONG

G-ONG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:05 AM

My vote goes to Bill

#8 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:14 AM

JB: One of your best entry's, pretty solid throughout, cant knock the sequencing, although it didnt hold my attention that well, maybe it was just down to your choice of which bit you had cut out of the miles track.

Josh: Some real good chopping, the delayed horn was great, i just wish you had stayed at half speed, i wasnt a massive fan of the faster beat that kicked in otherwise it was dope.

Him: Interesting ideas with the percussion, hats and stuff, pretty heavy. but just seemed to mong me out after about a minute or so.

Quas: Nice cutting of the sample, and well layed out, but like ern's it seemed to send me into a trance after abit, good drums/rolls in the second part.

Wig Master: 2nd place, very nearly first IMO....i dug the vibe in yours, good atmosphere, drums were cool too but just needed that little bit of tightening, very good stuff.

The A3: Your obviously good at this type of stuff, but as regards your entry.....well sequenced, very good quality.....i have to agree with jazzur it was a little safe, very new american sounding, hard to describe what i mean by that but err, was good, just didnt like the style.

That means i vote for G-ONG I think g-ong's sounded most like a song, very well sequenced, changed at the right time i thought, no one part of the track let it down. all pretty convincing. atmospheric.

Thanks also for the comments on my track folks.

#9 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:45 AM

Most definately thanks to those who gave feedback on my stuff by the way...I think I learn something new from ya'll every week, and the feedback makes it that much better. I think the biggest thing I have to work on is making as many chopped loops as possible BEFORE I sequence the beat so that i dont' limit myself to a simple verse-loop/chorus-loop pattern. I think it may be the negative influence that FL Studio has on me because it's easy to lay stuff out quickly. Maybe I need to force myself to work on each one throughout the entire week rather than finishing up quickly...

#10 Tone

Tone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:38 AM

I agree, very well done subbass, yours was a close second, but I vote for Bill, yours was just the most enjoyable one out of them.

#11 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:43 AM

BILL

you gettin paid for beats or what?
your shit always has that pro sound to it

#12 lordquas4293

lordquas4293