• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:05 AM

Remeber, he danced like a bird. Kind of on his toes a bit, and had his arms tucked in and would gently flap them. A real strut. Real cool. Coco Beware... Is he dead too I'm thinking.

That Virgil stuff is hilarious, but sad. Really makes me think that The Wrester movie with Mickey Rourke is accurate.

Yah, I here yah, they are performance actors. But knowing they are actors, how can one really get thier heart into it? I don't know, but tons of these fans did whenUndertaker lost to Brock last week. Their reactions are ... I was going to say great, but you could also say disturbing.
http://www.independe...s-30162402.html

Yeah they certainly were, grown men crying, I was in fits of laughter myself it's been coming for the last 4 years and at least Brock looks like he is actually doing the moves the bloke is a nut case , the fact Taker collapsed after back stage and had injuries on top of that is no surprise, you can tell cos he stopped doing that over the top rop dive all the time and was only booked once a year, your meant to leave the business on your back taking the 3 count, which still confuses me, the last memory you have is them loosing ? but then it's meant to be a sign of passing the torch. I love the whole psychology behind wrestling, everyone will take the piss if it is on in the room, but they can't stop watching it, and then they start complaining about outcomes, their comments suddenly go from fake shit, to, Oh my god that looks real. But one thing about wrestling crowds they seem pretty inbreded or special needs.

#32 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

Yeah they certainly were, grown men crying, I was in fits of laughter myself it's been coming for the last 4 years and at least Brock looks like he is actually doing the moves the bloke is a nut case , the fact Taker collapsed after back stage and had injuries on top of that is no surprise, you can tell cos he stopped doing that over the top rop dive all the time and was only booked once a year, your meant to leave the business on your back taking the 3 count, which still confuses me, the last memory you have is them loosing ? but then it's meant to be a sign of passing the torch. I love the whole psychology behind wrestling, everyone will take the piss if it is on in the room, but they can't stop watching it, and then they start complaining about outcomes, their comments suddenly go from fake shit, to, Oh my god that looks real. But one thing about wrestling crowds they seem pretty inbreded or special needs.

Yah, they some dirty buggerz. The biggest fans certainly I think its safe to say are not very sophisticated.

Posted Image

Funny, most professional sports guys retire at 40 at the latest these days. But often mid thirties. These wrestler dudes are still givin it at 50+. Shit, at least the Taker has a hot wife.

#33 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

That Virgil stuff is hilarious, but sad. Really makes me think that The Wrester movie with Mickey Rourke is accurate.

i wouldn't feel too bad about Virgil personally, tbh. he's an asshole lol, he's literally one of those large, imposing guys on city street corners scaring meek wrestling fans into paying him for stuff they don't want. kinda like those homeless guys that dress in Elmo costumes on Times Square that threaten moms with violence if they don't pay $15 for a shitty 8x10 with their kids being held by them......pretty seedy behavior.

and why did Vince kill the streak???? wtf, Undertaker is pretty much retired and they just had to fuck him over on his way out the door. it didn't even make sense, Brock Lesnar doesn't need the publicity push-- he's barely even in the WWE, he's an MMA dude most of the time.

#34 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

i wouldn't feel too bad about Virgil personally, tbh. he's an asshole lol, he's literally one of those large, imposing guys on city street corners scaring meek wrestling fans into paying him for stuff they don't want. kinda like those homeless guys that dress in Elmo costumes on Times Square that threaten moms with violence if they don't pay $15 for a shitty 8x10 with their kids being held by them......pretty seedy behavior.

and why did Vince kill the streak???? wtf, Undertaker is pretty much retired and they just had to fuck him over on his way out the door. it didn't even make sense, Brock Lesnar doesn't need the publicity push-- he's barely even in the WWE, he's an MMA dude most of the time.

Brock is on a part time contract due to an operation on his stomach,that's why he quit UFC, bringing him back was wise, but I agree, Taker should of walked 22-0 not 21-1, but when you go out you have to lay down for the three count, him being a legit fighter gives the streak ending more credibility, it pushes Paul Heyman at the same time which can push any young wrestler that is under him, Brock had hardly had any loses under WWE, Taker couldnt beat him 10 years ago, how the hell can he beat a proper UFC champ. The thing over the years was who was going to end it, no one was credible enough, ( I do mean storywise which is where they will bait and lead the believers ). On a real side the guy is 50 and broken, the match was a pile of gassed out red faced, please get this over and done with emotions, prob because of the concussion and neck injury Taker had, but still had to wrestle (act out ) the rest of the performance Vince even went to the hospital with him which is amazing for a complete fucking arsehole to leave his precious Wrestlemania event, now the thing I'm sure they have planned for years is the shock value and widespread news the streak ending would cause, I wanted Taker to win myself purely because he has never beaten Brock. that 90's era is gone and over and I think this event was about that, bringing in the new kids, and there is some crazy talent unfortunately they have hit it at a time, no-one really gives a shit because the magic has completely gone, the colour of all these characters has gone but.....there may be hope in new cats like, Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt, the old guys have to step down, and some fans need to learn it's not real and let go, my God wrestling can be no different to Hiphop at times Ha ha. You know that psychology on wrestling I pointed out, well my fellow beat maker, I'd say your displaying it ha ha!! :D

#35 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

Yah, they some dirty buggerz. The biggest fans certainly I think its safe to say are not very sophisticated.

Posted Image

Funny, most professional sports guys retire at 40 at the latest these days. But often mid thirties. These wrestler dudes are still givin it at 50+. Shit, at least the Taker has a hot wife.

See scary fucking fans man ha ha Friar Tuck is a wrestling fan !!!! and yeah wrestlers are nut cases, the behind the scenes documentries I've seen are crazy with the wounds, the moods, the fact that they can't move or walk properly, but still keep going, Ric Flair for example, ridiculous, Hogan as well. The wrestler film was spot on, strange Micky Rourke dies the same day the Ultimate Warrior does and did that film. Check this out for just strange and not feeling right.

#36 ras dude

ras dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:drumming, glaucoma medication, shit from the 70's, podcasts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

Last I saw of the Ultimate Warrior
https://www.youtube....h?v=Na-eo2vAP0w

I can't embed cause I'm retarded

#37 ras dude

ras dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:drumming, glaucoma medication, shit from the 70's, podcasts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

I may not be the biggest fan of wrestling, but damn it's hard not to appreciate how fucked up they get from years of destroying their bodies for the sake of entertaining.

#38 miss stress

miss stress

NOT HERE FOR IT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

I used to have this wwf deck of cards and me and my friends would play this retarded royal rumble style game with dice that we made

There was also a WWF cartoon . I think Hanna Barbera it was like Scooby Doo the had a big ass 18 wheeler ...i think they solved mysteries. I remember rowdy, hulk, macho man, i think andre the giant. It was short lived

Yes, coco beware was his name he did the bird dance . Papa shango was dude with tge top hat and skull with bead?

That Virgil stuff is funny wooow dude is posted up like whatever. You spending morr money flying to these places just to get 15.00 in autographs

I also remember the mountie he had that stick that shocked you. And the repo man had that mask with a big ass hook he carrried.

Shout out to the Rockers they had some crazy high flying stunts doing back flips off the rope

Now who was semi gay was Ravishing Rick Rude this fool was like a stripper and had his face on his pants. He would bring a lady from the audience and lap dance....im my opinion thats usually the gay ones

#39 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

Now who was semi gay was Ravishing Rick Rude this fool was like a stripper and had his face on his pants. He would bring a lady from the audience and lap dance....im my opinion thats usually the gay ones

Yeah I remember he had a couple fights where another wrestler (maybe Jake the Snake?) would pull his pants down when he wasn't looking. Totally unnecessary.

#40 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

See scary fucking fans man ha ha Friar Tuck is a wrestling fan !!!! and yeah wrestlers are nut cases, the behind the scenes documentries I've seen are crazy with the wounds, the moods, the fact that they can't move or walk properly, but still keep going, Ric Flair for example, ridiculous, Hogan as well. The wrestler film was spot on, strange Micky Rourke dies the same day the Ultimate Warrior does and did that film. Check this out for just strange and not feeling right.

Mickey Rourke ain't dead. You're thinking of Rooney. And how they relate I am unsure.

Last I saw of the Ultimate Warrior
https://www.youtube....h?v=Na-eo2vAP0w

I can't embed cause I'm retarded

Anyone follow the Shiek's Twitter? It's really good.

#41 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

Dude he wrassled was Orlando Jordan. Call me Tallahassee Pippendick.

#42 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:I critique and collect records; conduct interviews; and study commercial music.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/aris_fau

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:23 AM

I went to Wrestlmania 28 in Miami two years ago. I think Ultimate Warrior was before my time but it's definitely saddening to watch as these guys fall off. Unfortunately it takes things like this to put life and time into perspective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users