Flip Chillson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

ha!
I watched this twice.

Posted Image

it's pretty upsetting to learn that grandmaster flash, bambaataa and kool herc are liars.
these three icons of hip hop stole the birthright of hip hop from brooklyn and queens.
what makes it worse is krs-1 might be the biggest liar of them all.
his career was built on the very lie that the bronx created hip hop.

Posted Image

#4 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

Haven't had mischance to watch it yet, but why, if its true, would the people who did create it remain silent? Illuminati?!?!

#5 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

hahaha, googled mind blown and learned Mr Bean's daughters are hot:

Posted Image
  • Jimmyfunkvalve and HUNGRYMAN like this

#6 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

Haven't had mischance to watch it yet, but why, if its true, would the people who did create it remain silent? Illuminati?!?!

narrated by Chuck D, so it has to be true...

"if you think something is original, you just don't recognize the source material" from Steal Like an Artist book

#7 BroKing

BroKing

STMB Unofficial

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

hip hop starded in 1901 in kyoto japan !!! black supremacy trying to steal the japanese culture !!!!!
  • DJ Primate and GC90 like this

#8 fungus

fungus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

Los Angeles 1974

Aint going to say that the Bronx owes any debt to this track, but it's an example of how no one can claim to have invented any music genre.
  • Beatronome, mangoes cash, BroKing and 2 others like this

#9 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:17 AM

Hiphop is not a genre, it's a movement, within 10 mins of this documentry, we finally have it, Black Panthers and Malcom X, when 2 people have the same Idea at the same time it is called being on the same page or on the same wavelength, or great minds think alike, or one will say to the other, "Yeah man you know the score" when this happens at 2 different locations, at the same time this is no different to this origin thing, this from KRS's book

" No one person can ever take full credit for the creation and artistic development of Hiphop itself - it just happened, Yes Kool DJ Herc, Afrika Bambaataa, Grandmaster Flash, Crazy Legs, and others are indeed the architects of Hiphop and CAN EVEN be called Fathers, But there were simply too many UNSEEN, SUPERNATURAL FORCES that assisted Hiphops birth and development FOR ANY ONE PERSON TO CLAIM EXCLUSIVE CREDIT FOR THE CREATION OF HIPHOP".

I wouldn't say he's lying at all, it's like the LA beat scene, it had all ready happened but the originators didn't get credit (Anticon!! in the late 90's) Everyone can scream Flylo, I'll be doing my Daniel Bryan style chant of " Anticon" till the cows come home

It's like who invented Rock music, that was a complete accident in itself, If John Lennon wasn't so stoned he wouldn't of lent his guitar on his amp and forgotten to turn it off, thus causing feedback, which then Hendrix perverted, and so on. And considering how we're all connected, another persons idea is already your own, how the hell can it not be when we're all the same, infinite wisdom and collective consciouness, these things aren't weird we have been taught and brought up to look at things from a really stupid fucking angle. I've never thought Hiphop came from the Bronx, always been under the Impression it's from Brooklyn, lets face it the amount of Hardcore, peoples rights vibe that comes from there is unbelievable, a place and area can spawn something, one person can not.

Oh and the point Hiphop was intentionally infected was when a certain somebody got invited to the White House because of a certain movement (this is where you load another tab up and start re-searching, wondering what is that crazy ODK on now), which suddenly turn into wheels rims, fur, making money record sales, then how many deaths of Black rappers can you count to those of White Rappers, wouldn't happen I guess, if the White people didn't own all the major record companies. This is the only music I can think of that has it's own movement, and culture behind it, it is not a genre, not when you really look into it. A lot of people are compromised, they cant say what they think, as they have a fear that someone will stop them breathing.
  • OfficeTime8889 and Jubito like this

#10 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:38 AM

Ok, I still have not had the chance to watch it, but from the above post, can we say this documentary is like saying Family Guy is the Bronx and the Flinstones is Brooklyn??
  • Tastik BEATS likes this

#11 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

doesn't KRS always use the metaphor that hip-hop goes all the way back to the origins of culture, i.e. hieroglyphs and cave paintings were basically ancient graffiti? for me personally, hip-hop doesn't really have a starting place because i hear hip-hop in all of the things i sample...whether its a '70s soul record or a Phillip Glass soundtrack, it's like music was created to live its life, die, and then be resurrected via sampling methods that could have only been possible in the past 20-30 years.

that's the way i see it; as long as you understand your roots who gives a fuck what the "originator" of hip-hop culture/music was? this style of documentary reminds me of like the nerdy, know-it-all grade-school kids on YouTube that try to argue obvious facts and say, "Well TECHNICALLY the origin of rock started with Link Wray and Robert Johnson, but nobody else was in the know about it except ME and YOU'RE all wrong and ignorant of REAL music because everyone is STUPID but me...me me me, me me me me."

to me, it's just very self-serving to pretend like THIS guy nobody knows started this whole thing but nobody knows him because he got the SHAFT, mannnnnnnnnnnnn....it reminds me of how i used to act back in high school when i thought i and only i was in the know cause everyone else is trapped in the matrix, mannnnnnnnnnnnn. they don't think outside the box like i do, they just take the information that's spoonfed to us by the MK ULTRA government and think that it all started at 1520 Sedgwick Avenue...but it really started at 1840 Spruce Avenue, mannnnnnnnnnnnnn.

^ haha, sorry, got a little off track there. but i mean c'mon, i just watched a documentary that tried claiming Blowfly was the inventor of hip-hop...and chronologically speaking, he's got all these fools beat by like ten years.

#12 ras dude

ras dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:drumming, glaucoma medication, shit from the 70's, podcasts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

I don't give a shit where it started, just glad that it did. Nice seeing some history of it though.
  • Dirty Cyclist likes this

#13 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

pretty sure Frank Zappa started rap:

I kid... but this is from the 70s.

#14 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

^ haha, sorry, got a little off track there. but i mean c'mon, i just watched a documentary that tried claiming Blowfly was the inventor of hip-hop...and chronologically speaking, he's got all these fools beat by like ten years.

The people who do it first rarely get the credit they deserve. It is usually the 2nd wave that blows up.

I think it is fun to know what came before what is generally accepted as the first movement...

#15 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

Los Angeles 1974

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I30Fnr5J8Wo

Aint going to say that the Bronx owes any debt to this track, but it's an example of how no one can claim to have invented any music genre.

Wow.
Kind of like the 101 Monkey theory. It states that amongst a single group of monkeys, somewhere on earth, one monkey learnt how to smash open shell fish with rocks. Slowly but surely others in his group also learnt. When the 101st monkey learnt, another group of monkeys, somewhere else, also learnt.

Its true, often the same basic ideas pop up together around the same time.
Really cool. Totally shocked by that track.

#16 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

The people who do it first rarely get the credit they deserve. It is usually the 2nd wave that blows up.

I think it is fun to know what came before what is generally accepted as the first movement...

fair enough, DC-- you may have swayed me on this one, actually...

#17 BroKing

BroKing

STMB Unofficial

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:04 AM

• James Frank. likes this

#18 fungus

fungus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

Really cool. Totally shocked by that track.

I'm glad I could introduce it to you. Egon introduced it to me via Stones Throw's The Funky 16 Corners in 2001.

#19 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

^^^ Broking ftw on this thread. that track is wayyyyyyy dope.

#20 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:The Universe

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

for me personally, hip-hop doesn't really have a starting place because i hear hip-hop in all of the things i sample..

You nailed it.  There is no beginning, nor end.  Attempting to pinpoint the beginning of something as intangible as a culture is a complete waste of time.  To suggest that Hip-Hop specifically started in any one place, at the hands of any select few, and through such and such incident is not only a narrow-minded approach to conception, but utterly sensational.  There are no royalty checks being distributed to these "pioneers" anyhow, nor will there ever be.  

• James Frank. likes this

#21 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/nick-papadopoulos-2

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:40 PM

On these Niggy nuts it did fools.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users