#1 Grizzly_Adams

Grizzly_Adams

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

grizzly_adams

https://soundcloud.com/grizzly-adams-4

Im a beat maker from Savannah, Ga that really loves all things beats and production. I love all things Madlib,Lord Quas, J Dilla. I play drums from a middle school on and really love jazz fusion like Allan Holdsworth, Tribal Tech but also love old hardbop and african music. Figure Id add some more music to the pile if its welcome. Comment back! Id love to get connected with fellow beat junkies.

#2 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

you might wanna consider joining the Beat Battles to sharpen your skills and study what others are doing. you seem to have a good foundation, but like anything there is definitely room for improvement. here's some tips from someone who was in your boat four years ago:

- shorten the length of your beats if you wanna keep people's attention
- add more variation from bar to bar, not just section to section
- add little extra bits like mute-outs and vocal snippets to garnish the track
- process your instruments so that people like me aren't able to tell they're stock
- learn how to mix properly and master your tracks to reasonable levels (this one is always the hardest to learn)

and most importantly,

- don't stop producing...it took me literally 4 years to get to where i'm at now, and i'm only just now beginning to like my own beats. so hang in there, it definitely takes a while if you wanna get good at this lol.

take it easy man, welcome to the STMB (please don't spam the other sections; you did good by putting this in Hype haha)

-jf

#3 Grizzly_Adams

Grizzly_Adams

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Agreed. Mastering is much easier fore now that I'm away from maschine. I mostly work in ableton and then hit protools to actually mix. Issue with levels more is a issue with Maschine. I think in regards to the stock sound comment I use a large variety of stacked custom synth sounds so they are processed to hell and back and resampled lots I'm focusing now on only using my breaks I record. Thanks for the advice. Thought some of your tracks were really nice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users