Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

• gEEchieDan likes this

#32 OJutel

OJutel

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

That Toyota ad was amazing! I fell in love Madlib, like many others, through Tha Liks.

#33 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

Mai Dick is a Chinese model AK.

#34 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Interests:40 & A BLUNT, light1up, light the doobie 'till it glow like a ruby
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jubitoo

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

I was listening to that Albert Einstein project from Prodigy and Al The Chemist and there is this song where P raps about shooting some cats he has beef with. When I first heard his verse I just looked at my CD player like 'Really?!?' The shit was soooooooo fucking corny. I know I've given GC some flack in the past for his distaste for straight gangsterism but I may be coming around to that viewpoint myself.

'You ain't gotta find Jesus, I'll leave you holy, they ain't gotta find God, I'll baptize your homies' Were these the lines???

Anyway, this is a pretty interesting and inspiring story, thanks for sharing it! Congratulations on getting that job, you know you succeeded when you are doing what you love most. . Madlib influenced me a lot as well. I wonder how many people from the forums met him in person.
  • GC90 likes this

#35 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

P is ill. Fuck Alchemist-rat looking fool.

#36 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Interests:40 & A BLUNT, light1up, light the doobie 'till it glow like a ruby
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jubitoo

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

P is ill. Fuck Alchemist-rat looking fool.

You know I got your back but you can't be serious about ALC. The dude is on fire:

• GC90 likes this

#37 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

Had to rep Quasimoto on the team page http://www.discogs.com/team

You know I got your back but you can't be serious about ALC. The dude is on fire:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=183BxClti2k

Yeah, where does the Alc hate come from? Also forgot how great that Sean Price record is lol
Track below my favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO4cXDogGQs

#38 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

I was just thinking about how I copped that Sean P record almost a year ago and have yet to crack it open...

I used to be The Al The Chemist Hater Supreme. His work with Oh No and his past year being The Madlib of 2012/2013 had me waking up with the quickness.

#39 Liv

Liv

the mean mugging scapegoat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

I wonder how many people from the forums met him in person.

I shook hands with the man after his '09 show in Paris with J Rocc and Egon
I could barely stand on my feet but I asked him about the next Quas album but said pronounced sumthin' like Yo man, wassup with Quas' Tree (instead of Three) ? with my funny accent
He chuckled a good one but I only got why much later

#40 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

Good lookin' out Kid. Believe dat.

But, yo my Jubi, ese, I do not think that it is anything complex. That beat you posted couldn't get a dollar from my ass. Maybe the one my man GC90 posted was good. But, you shake down the the dude and sniff him out--he doesn't measure up. The stuff he did with MM was ill till I dial back my way back machine to my teens and I'm like; um...maybe not so special.

I guess his mentor was one of the first whose methods I tried jacking so I get it. But, he ain't at all legit in my opinion. Just a feeling. I get them from time to time.

#41 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

Maybe the one my man GC90 posted was good.

That actually wasn't an Alc beat so I guess your opinion is still consistent! :)

Were you not a fan of Alc's stuff with Oh No for the Gangrene records?

#42 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

No man I try. But I cant. Nothing comes off as original and to me it shows. Tough crowd? yes, I be. But, dude has too many tells.

#43 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

Last time I push this up (sorry). I just noticed this from the latest Madlib interview http://www.stonesthr...showtopic=25493 and it felt relevant to a lot of what I described from my own experience (and probably many of yours as well):

Dazed Digital: Do you see yourself as an archivist? The Alan Lomax of the crate digging generation?
Madlib: Kind of, yeah. I come from the same mind state. I want people to hear music that really wasn’t played much, that got lost in the shuffle. There was tons of music that was greater than the hits but you don’t know about it unless somebody like, like me or whoever brings it to people’s attention. You know, bringing it back to the people that didn’t hear it back then. I’m one of them, there’s hundreds of us [Laughs]. There’s a lot of young kids that I have inspired to go look for old stuff. We do it for the knowledge, for the kids. Even my kids pick up on things so I know it’s working. It’s not supposed to reach everybody but it’s supposed to reach people who want to keep music alive

My little bio is on Discogs blog as well, had to post my MV picture for that: http://www.discogs.c...-meet-christian

#44 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

I think that is fucking awesome. Good work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: long ass post sorry, tl;dr, bored

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users