• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bknapp

Bknapp

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Hey, I just recently started using ableton live 8 after using logic for some time so i'm trying to figure everything out. I just chopped up a song into like 30 slices all through out a drum rack. When I use my mpk mini, i can use all the samples throughout the keys and change them with the octave up and down buttons, but for whatever reason with the 8 pads on the mpk, I can only use the same sample clips and I can't figure out how to change them from different sections of the drum rack like I can do with the keys. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but does anyone know how I can resolve this? Trying to use the keys instead of the pads is no fun at all haha

#2 Tastik BEATS

Tastik BEATS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Interests:Producing cloudy, phonky beats
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/tastik

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:23 AM

I don't know if this answers the question but have you tried the editor for the MPk you can make the pads into the same midi notes as the keys

Then you should be able to use the pads in the same way as the keys

#3 HUNGRYMAN

HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/hungrym4n

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

Yeah, like Tastik says you'll probably have to use the MPK editor to change the midi note of the pads.

It would probably be easier to drag the 8 samples, inside the drum rack, to the pads that are already assigned (I imagine it's C1-G1). You can just click and drag the slots on the drum rack around to where you want them. Since you have 30 slices and only 8 pads, I would duplicate that enitre track (right click on the top where the name is, then 'duplicate') with the drum rack, say like 4 times. Then arrange slices 1-8 on the pads that are currently assigned to play on the 1st track, then arrange slices 9-16 on the 2nd track, etc... Then you will have to arm which ever track you want to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users