6 replies to this topic

#1 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Voice issues you've encountered trying to get your music put on and dealing with people.

I have dealt with some scandalous cats in my time, but nothing ever as bad as what this genre presents me with. Had a friend who was promoter and he hated dealing with hip hop cats the most.

A lot of scummy unprofessional, uneducated thieves in this business.
  • Annie Hall Records likes this

#2 Annie Hall Records

Annie Hall Records

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

Check out this article in Urb magazine you may or may not find this story interesting as far as going outside your genre to find an audience and build connections http://www.urb.com/2...ered-the-smell/
  • MWBOOGIE likes this

#3 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

I have these two young guys that seem to have good flow and don't have the type of following that they should. I wouldn't be messing with them, but they and their guy are really polite. I may actually try to work on a track for them. We are in the beginning stage. I got a good feeling from these guys and I am looking forward to working with them.

#4 Annie Hall Records

Annie Hall Records

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Post a link to them.

#5 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

I am a bit reluctant to do so. We are in a honeymoon stage and I haven't yet taken charge of purging their youtube raps of some serious drekky at-home freestyles. I did not have the heart to knock on them because they came off so precociously sweet They are my first foray into coddling really young hustler/party scene cats from the get-go. Eh but, here are the young guys....

#6 Goodz047

Goodz047

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:Wax

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

I am a bit reluctant to do so. We are in a honeymoon stage and I haven't yet taken charge of purging their youtube raps of some serious drekky at-home freestyles. I did not have the heart to knock on them because they came off so precociously sweet They are my first foray into coddling really young hustler/party scene cats from the get-go. Eh but, here are the young guys....

Real dope!

#7 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for chiming in with a review. Much appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users