http://soundcloud.co...r-1/fleat-intro

#32 BasementBeatz

BasementBeatz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:music

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

I am new and got here with mad help from Good Fella Enterprises.. Thanks so much for walking me thru how to sign up and get this done. I heard yall all flip the same sample.. I went with the other one and went gusto on the instrumentation and additions. I just wanted to let yall know.. I dont hold back.. haha. I never flipped George Benson before but... I am kinda different when it comes to sampling.. I added a ton of shit to mine and I will have it mixed up within the next few hours and posted. The reign of BasementBeatz has now come to your site.. this is an official warning to anyone with confidence.. when I do post... dont hate me because of how cocky I am.. hate me because how awesome my shit is. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA.

JK I suck.. but I will still try. hahaha.

#33 Sam's Beats

Sam's Beats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/sams_beats

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

Arsenal won a nail biter today, I'm about to get this ice cream and I just uploaded my entry. So yeah, I'm in a good mood and unaffected by any negative vibes in this thread haha.

Speaking of vibes, congrats to J. Vibes on the dub.

#34 Sixfingerz

Sixfingerz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

hmm i ain't touching those, both sample's been flipped a hundred times. have fun yall and congrats to the winner elaquent already killed that borgia ish

And now I flipped it and both samples are lost in oblivion for at least ten generations to come
Also please notify me each time someone does, cause we can't have sacrilege

Peace

Ps. put colour and big fonts in the"i" To seem even more important

#35 BasementBeatz

BasementBeatz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

Enjoy...

https://soundcloud.c...-93bpm-stbb-339

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW I POST THE DAMN MUSIC UP HERE.. haha.. Im a noob.

#36 Sixfingerz

Sixfingerz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

You click on the two blue arrows on top taskbar. Then press enter. replace the CODE with soundloud (two times) and paste ur link in between those. Also it doesn't work when reposting so best delete the original link and replace with a new one.

Hope that helps

#37 BasementBeatz

BasementBeatz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

I hope this works..

thx a milli six. u the man.

#38 BasementBeatz

BasementBeatz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

seems like nobody knows how to follow rules.. and yall like them old vocal cuts. haha. im so new to this site.. i guess I will get in where I fit in. I got a clean track.. everyone else went gritty old school. I am almost amazed at what I am hearing.. not in a bad way.. but just by how many people used "acapellas" and didnt get to 3 minutes.. simple shit. Rules are not made to be broken.. they are made to be bent and followed accordingly. This is like if a client says.. I dont want this in my beat.. then you just do it.. you lose biz. Get wit the program. Unless the rules are not applied.. why waste your time and other peoples time..
  • Professor Coneyack likes this

#39 BasementBeatz

BasementBeatz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

in response.. to the comments

I worked like 4 hours on this.. ask that dude I thanked. I just got done asking him how this site operates a lil while ago. I was just trying to get my name up here and get some playback. I make tracks to sell.. not really to battle. My track is more for making a song. 8 bars of synth for the hook.. 4 bars of piano in the bridge for variation.. iont know. I appreciate the feedback.. but I would rather have structure and sell my 6200th beat than make some track thats all out of wack and has no real sequence for a song. There is a method to my madness. I just like clean.. easy to rap on tracks. I only had 4 hours left in the studio when I came across this site. So.. I did what I could. I couldnt take all day so I just had a few hrs to get something clean.. intro.. 16, then hook.. and then I looped it. I wasnt trying to make a true battle beat.. altho.. I only lost one money battle competition in my life, 2nd place outta 64.. but 2nd is the 1st loser, haha. If I had more time.. I woulda did more. Believe me.. next one I will have more time.. but Im booked all week so I only had this spare time to play around.

#40 JoaGymshoe

JoaGymshoe

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/joagymshoe

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Got some great feedback from Mute Maximus... thanks for that!

posted version two...

#41 Retr05pect

Retr05pect

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/retr05pect

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

I'm definitely all about constructive criticism. I know I definitely have a long way to go, but having direction helps me get my game up a little bit quicker!

#42 Sixfingerz

Sixfingerz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

I never flipped George Benson before but... I am kinda different when it comes to sampling.. I added a ton of shit to mine and I will have it mixed up within the next few hours and posted. The reign of BasementBeatz has now come to your site.. this is an official warning to anyone with confidence.. when I do post... dont hate me because of how cocky I am.. hate me because how awesome my shit is. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You had my expections up high with this post. When i heard it ,it was kindoff a letdown. I'm not hating on you , i just felt a lil reality check was in place. Don't get me wrong, the beat isn't bad, but nowhere near to "different" when it comes to samplin.
  • J.Vibes likes this

#43 BasementBeatz

BasementBeatz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

when I say I suck.. you shouldnt have high expectations of me. haha. I am a humble dude.. I was playing around.. but.. If I say.. JK I suck.. and that is my last words.. I was trying to get some "sarcasm" humor in the forum. I guess that "sarcasm" text still hasnt been invented yet. Sall gravy tho my dude. You are entitled to your own opinion. I get 96% return biz.. thats all i really care about.. Thanks for your constructive critique tho. I take everything everyone says into consideration. I think "honestly" like.. swear to god honest.. that for only having 4 hours from hearin the samples.. to posting.. I think I did the sample much justice.

Yall are all pretty damn cool. I love all the tracks.. flippin samples is an art. Just the fact we are choppin it up.. makes me happy.

Keep it real and everything else will fall in line. Hate or worry about other peoples shit.. then you are focusing way to much on other peoples music.. and not enough on your own.

Take this from someone who sold over 6000 beats online.. over 2000 alone on www.Rocbattle.com alone.. if yall wanna check the credentials (The Basement). I know what sells.. not how to sell.. but what sells, my marketing is terrible. I focus on making money, not friends or enemies. Lets help each other progress.. Beats dont need over the top "battle" shit. They need room for vocals.. and a clean sound. Thats all. I came in here unprepared for the in depth critique. I thought my 4 hours was spent well.. Most people cant make beats that well in 4 days. keep it 100. am I right?

Tag every 8 so people dont steal my shit. I need money for my hard work.. not a good engineer who can chop my tag outta my beat. haha.. I done chopped tags outta beats for way too many people who record with me.. so I make my shit.. Theft Proof.. The tag is excessive.. but its better to tag it and make an extra $150 off it.. than not tag enough and let an engineer like myself jack your beat for someone who pays $20/hr to record in my studio. I will chop yall tags out to make my own money too.. No hate.. just keepin it 100.

Novel written by BasementBeatz. hahahahhaa

#44 AtomHeartMoo

AtomHeartMoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

You had my expections up high with this post. When i heard it ,it was kindoff a letdown.

funny. i felt the exact same way when i heard yours. people quote me so many times, i feel honored

#45 TheIllestLittle

TheIllestLittle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/bigislittle

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

I'm back from the dead, but here's mine for the week.

#46 Dismal Days/Daze

Dismal Days/Daze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/dismal-days-daze

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

&color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_artwork=true" width="100%" height="166">
https://soundcloud.c...s-daze/stbb-339

#47 enzo eyeris

enzo eyeris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:my team: perfiktion (together with BEATFUX)
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/enzoeyeris/

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

Jo atmom heart mo.
Wanna have a one on one battle? I give you two songs that are so often sampled its a curse. we both flip them.And we let the guys decide who made shit doper.

Got balls for positive competition?

#48 saadyah tz▾i

saadyah tz▾i

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:613
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/saadyahtzvi

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

found both samples quite fun to chop and arrange over each other =D

#49 JA:KOVA

JA:KOVA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/da_jakova

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

yaiyaiii - great week - dope beats so far fellaz - and i see also some hate , i think ive never see some hate on soundcloud - but some criticiscm are always welcome - i dont give a fuck if someones beat is similar to flylo or elo - we are beatmakers and when i feel that beat and it think "wow man , i need that beat to go skate or play that at my next party" , than everything is alraightttt - hahaha :) , time to flip the hell out of it :D

have a nice day fellaz & spread some love -

PEACE

#50 JoaGymshoe

JoaGymshoe

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/joagymshoe

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

Haha... rising testosteron levels? ;) ... Yeah, Enzo v. Cobra Battle Cool!...

Maybe a threeway with BasementBeatz.... put your money where your mouth is..

Meanwhile...I'm learning a valuable lesson... Not to post too soon! ... let it sink in a little first... slow ears ;)

If you've already listened to it I'd be very gratefull if you'd give it another listen....

Peazy J.

#51 AtomHeartMoo

AtomHeartMoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

Jo atmom heart mo.
Wanna have a one on one battle? I give you two songs that are so often sampled its a curse. we both flip them.And we let the guys decide who made shit doper.

Got balls for positive competition?

i'm in if it's only 1 sample never used before, no synths and no acapellas
  • enzo eyeris likes this

#52 Rustee Frequency

Rustee Frequency

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

#53 enzo eyeris

enzo eyeris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:my team: perfiktion (together with BEATFUX)
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/enzoeyeris/

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Okay.that's cool man. Let's do this. No synths no instruments. Are u down with polish jazz? Or should someone else pick the sample?? A question to the mods: should we move the topic to a new thread?

Peace enzo eyeris

#54 bplotnik98

bplotnik98

Rookie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

Nice work everyone! This is my first submission, as well as my first time using synths in a beat. Good luck to everyone!

#55 MuteMaximus

MuteMaximus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Turtles.
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/mutemaximus

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

Enjoy.

#56 BasementBeatz

BasementBeatz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

I never turn down a battle.. in any sense of it.. Throw me in and just shoot me an email or sumthin cause I am fly by.. I might be here every day one week.. Then gone the next. but I always enjoy friendly "positive" competition. haha. I love the hate honestly. i read all the comments.. and I see like.. 3-4 dudes.. who will never say.. Nice beat. They will only point out negative shit like that helps.. So.. I always like hearing the good, the bad, and the ugly. Lets do it. Ill most def be in that 3 way.. a lil Menage a trois between us? haha.

#57 BasementBeatz

BasementBeatz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

Battles with no limits really show who is good and who is average too. Let people do what they do best.. and just shine. Or.. we can hold each other back and do whatever.. Either way.. Im down and think its groovy.

#58 MellowYouth

MellowYouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

@ enzo & atom - the 1vs1 were pretty common back when the battles first started. it would be nice to see more of that. im thinking STBot will move the thread to "The Crates" but fugg it, do it!

and im for the constructive criticism but not straight up hate/shitting on peoples beats.
quick fabricated scenario; lets say you are the king of arcades and can play all day off 1 quarter at the local laundromat. do you a. berate and humiliate everyone who trys to compete with you, or b. inform your rival of techniques and moves that could add to their development as a competitor/battler? im not saying im this king of arcades, but i certainly dont consider myself a noob at beat making. and i would never straight talk smack to someone for making their art.

this is what i used to make in 2003 when i first got my turntables and tinkered with beat making (pre-mellowyouth soundclick) -
http://www.soundclic...m?bandID=145825
  • Professor Coneyack likes this

#59 MuteMaximus

MuteMaximus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Turtles.
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/mutemaximus

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

never straight talk smack to someone for making their art.

#60 AtomHeartMoo

AtomHeartMoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

someone else should make a thread and pick a sample for us.. maybe Mellow could be the host, since he touched the subject, it's ok for me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users