6 replies to this topic

#1 BroKing

BroKing

STMB Unofficial

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

maybe stupid question but ! does the sound quailty change with diffrent needles? or just because u use mp3 you can use cheap needles ?

#2 durty finga

durty finga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

Needle condition and quality is not that important when it comes to playing time code. There is no concern about the fidelity whatsoever because you don't hear the time code, you only hear the audio file coming out of your CPU. The time code record only tells your software where you are in the song. And that's it. Cheapy shure needles and basic time code records that are kept clean is all that you need! Playing vinyl is a different story... Hi everybody!!

#3 BroKing

BroKing

STMB Unofficial

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

thanks i use shur m44 because i scratch allout but im going to find some cheap needles for mixing you got any info for good ones for a cheap price

#4 durty finga

durty finga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

44s are just fine. 35s run about $20 usd and in my experience just fine for time code. Look for the $20 needles that fit your headshell

#5 durty finga

durty finga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

Sorry I meant cartridge not headshell

#6 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

so can you put any cartridge on any turntable?
i was thinking about getting a hi-quality one soon, but i use like a Pyle Pro whatever-who-gives-a-shit that i bought off of amazon for like $80 three years ago...so idk if i have to find ones specifically for that or what. from what i can tell, there aren't really big diffs between most turntables. at least on a physical, mechanical level.

#7 HUNGRYMAN

HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/hungrym4n

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

so can you put any cartridge on any turntable?
i was thinking about getting a hi-quality one soon, but i use like a Pyle Pro whatever-who-gives-a-shit that i bought off of amazon for like $80 three years ago...so idk if i have to find ones specifically for that or what. from what i can tell, there aren't really big diffs between most turntables. at least on a physical, mechanical level.

Well, most of the "professional" dj style turntables, regardless if they are belt driven or direct drive, use a standard interchangeable cartridge and headshell. If there is a coupler on your tone arm that unscrews and you pull out the headshell and there are 4 pins on the end and also if the cartridge attaches with 2 tiny screws and nuts through 2 slots on the headshell with 4 wires between the 2, then you should be good to go as far as changing it out with any standard dj cartridge. If it is a home stereo type turntable, then you have to get a cartridge from the specific manufacturer, but from what I can tell, it looks like the Pyle Pro is a standard interchangeable type.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users