#91 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

I can't remember who posted it (on Facebook or somewhere), but it was something like:

"Bound 2 is a masterpiece. People keep saying they used a green-screen, but I think Kim and Kanye are just very brave."

I hadn't seen it yet, so I assumed this poster was serious and wondered what they did that was so dangerous for the shoot. Needless to say I'm dying right now.

http://www.reddit.co..._bound_2_music/

lol @ Kanye fanboys. I think if Kanye made a 4 min video of himself taking a shit people would find some way to call it artistic genius.

The vid matches the quality of the song though, will give it credit for that.

#92 Jurmainson

Jurmainson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

Just because there is a deeper meaning behind the video doesn't mean that it doesn't suck still.

#93 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

there's no deeper meaning to this pretentious pile of fuck. i'm in an Italian cinema class this semester, and i've learned that you can interpret anything as literally anything if you try hard enough. i've heard arguments of weird, artsy italian fillms that include shots with an out-of-focus toy model train in a case somewhere in the background representing the stagnant nature of the main character sitting in the foreground of the shot...if someone can successfully argue that, they can easily argue some BS interpretation of this music video. what are they saying the "deeper meaning" is?

EDIT: i read some of the comments/responses on reddit. omg i cannot stand that pretentious garbage people spew trying to defend a poorly executed work of art.

he's "trying to replace the confederate flag with himself so that racists can't use it anymore," ...yeah, good luck with that kanye, real brave to do a nationwide tour and not have any stops in the deep south.

"he married Kim Kardashian as a symbol of the idolization of celebrity culture Americans hold deeply to their hearts," ...what?!?!?

"the music video is intentionally a pile of horse shit, he's stereotyping American culture and replacing it with himself right under the noses of typical Americans," ...sure he is.
  • SunnyMeadowz likes this

#94 Jurmainson

Jurmainson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

lol at this video and the people praising it

#95 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

Showed it to Mrs. Woods… She didn't pick up on any of the deeper meanings, she said there aren't enough videos with eagles and galloping horses, and her favourite bit was when it went from his 'sex face' to her 'sex face', and something about naked motorcycling and skin grafts.

#96 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Personally, I saw a one second shot of it--kid you not. My reaction that it was intentionally made poorly. I thought it was similar to the style of the Miley Cyrus vids. Alot of those directors are shit. I recently attended a video shoot--and I will detail specifics about what a loser the director was--once I see the final version. The entire idea was lame. The kind of thing that makes you say--really?

The Kanye video had to be bad in an intentional way. It was honkey heaven.

#97 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

This can go over here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_6I089_mrE

PROPS to the Michael Jordan of hip hop! "I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice," he said in an interview on Wednesday. "It's me settling into that position of just really accepting that it's one thing to say you want to do it and it's another thing to really end up being like Michael Jordan." http://www.huffingto...o_n_143703.html

#98 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

Minus the horses and the eagle, I think its aight.

Personally I like the look Yeezy is rocking for this effort. Ripped up jeans, tie died shirts and reppin' the Union flag. My reasoning, for his adoption of the Klan's flag is a stab at nationalism. In that flags are just a symbol and symbols can be made into anything you want them to be.

#TooDeep

#99 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

What song can be better than:"aha honey, all them otha niggas are lames"

If anyone ever refers to this guy as a "musician" you need a lobotomy. This guy is not even interesting from an ironic perspective. How can a bitch have such tiny fingers and such a large ass? She should get finger enhancements on that bitch.
  • GC90 likes this

#100 Chason

Chason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

I'm probably one of the minority around here that loved Yeezus, but yes, that video is... something. The fact is, if it was meant to be campy and ridiculous, and draw attention to Kanye as a goober, then I'd probably appreciate it, but we all know that's not the case.

#101 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

Chason, I don't mean to call your opinions on music out in the least bit. I apologize--I just do not care for him very much. I cannot.

But, I do feel like the video was somehow meant to be campy. The intentionally ripped shirt--the stallions running...

She looks like a gorilla from the profile.

#102 Chason

Chason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

http://www.reddit.co..._bound_2_music/

lol @ Kanye fanboys. I think if Kanye made a 4 min video of himself taking a shit people would find some way to call it artistic genius.

The vid matches the quality of the song though, will give it credit for that.

That take on it has some merit, and I generally think redditors are trendy followers and armchair everythings.

I just got my MFA in painting and had to sit through a lot of grueling critiques and theory seminars. You read some art critics and historians' take on a piece, a movement, or an artist and it really clicks and definitely makes you see that work or artist in a different light; sometimes the interpretation is on point, other times the critic is full of shit. But the person sitting next to you might disagree. That's just a part of it. Kanye and his ego are anomalies in the art world, but he's leaving his mark for discussion for years to come. I mean, for god's sake, there's this:
http://www.change.or...-art-biennale-4

Anyways, I'll be interested to see some heavy criticism and interpretations of the video from actual art critics and thinkers.

#103 Chason

Chason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

Chason, I don't mean to call your opinions on music out in the least bit. I apologize--I just do not care for him very much. I cannot.

But, I do feel like the video was somehow meant to be campy.

No offense taken at all homie! And yeah, it's a very confusing video, because of the camp. As I was trying to get at above^, I'm sure the video is garnering the response he wants.

#104 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

i hope everyone returns their copies of Yeezus for this.
  • GC90 likes this

#105 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

I am thinking the target audience for this video was not sweaty message board nerds.

#106 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

Who is the target audience for this crap? :wacko:

Edit: Given the Youtube ratings, whatever audience this appeals to is quite small lol

#107 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Well, I am not going to get into a pro Kanye debate, but i am thinking the ladies.

#108 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

'Murica

#109 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

Pharell released a 24 hour video. That's right. One song, 24 hours of.
Source

Posted Image

#110 Constrobuz

Constrobuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

"The lyric "Jerome's in the house, watch your mouth" is repeated twice at the close of "Bound 2," and as the final track on the album, RapGenius asserts that the line has special meaning:
"Since these are the last words on the album, they deserve a closer look," the hip-hop lyric-translating site wrote. "In referencing a 1990s comedy character who represents a parody of 'ghetto' black virility, Kanye may be winking at his audience, indicating that he understands the character he 'plays' on records is just a persona, and not necessarily his authentic self."

so maybe the video being a intentionally bad and stupid parody is a valid interpretation

#111 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

wow pharell sure is trying to prove that he likes chicks. I love these two musicians so very much as you can tell.

#112 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

wow pharell sure is trying to prove that he likes chicks.

He married... To a girl.

#113 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,927 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:33 AM

Any way you cut it, that video is fucking lame. Period.

The lamest part about it is that bitch thinking she Jennifer Lopez.
Eh-ey
Posted Image

#114 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

wow pharell sure is trying to prove that he likes chicks. I love these two musicians so very much as you can tell.

^this post is cringe-worthy.

looks like Trollboogie's proving himself to be a hardcore homophobe once again. and then he wonders why none of us acknowledge his retarded comments anymore...
  • GC90 and Chason like this

#115 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:03 AM

^someone cast you out into a blackhole somewhere to continue on your little elmo programmed attacks. There is a greater purpose out there for you sinsei. Will you be less of a master at your craft when you add a few wrinkles? Maybe religion is not very important to you, but it just may be to others. For the female body part does not shoot out spermatazoa.

As for the beatjacker whose reputation that you are so concerned about maintaining, he will have to face the music one day and mind the age-old adage--"you can fool some of the people some of the time..."

That outfit above is chic.

"Everybody get up..."

#116 Chason

Chason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

^this post is cringe-worthy.

looks like Trollboogie's proving himself to be a hardcore homophobe once again. and then he wonders why none of us acknowledge his retarded comments anymore...

Posted Image
  • GC90 and Dirty Cyclist like this

#117 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

So girls, Charles Manson is getting married.

Posted Image
  • MWBOOGIE likes this

#118 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Posted Image
Source

#119 HUNGRYMAN

HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/hungrym4n

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

I thought the Kanye video was pretty damn close to looking like a shitty country music video. I mean, country side, mountains, motorcycles, horses, tits, flannel vest... Just add some miller lite, a trucker hat, and a old dog. I can't wait until someone makes a parody of that shit.

#120 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

Posted Image
  • DJ Projexion, DJ Primate, James Frank. and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users