• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

Hey guys,

Not too sure if anyone on theses boards is big on scholarly-published essays, but in my research for my art class I came across this interesting article that suggests Hip-Hop and the art movement Cubism have more in common than we may typically think...it's a very interesting read, if not for the content itself then just for the fact that there's actually a professionally written, academic essay about hip-hop. i figured someone on these threads would enjoy the read (although it is kind of a long one, ~20 pages), here it is if you want to check it out:

http://web.ebscohost...aph&AN=50892031

(NOTE: let me know if this link works or not, because i'm experimenting by hyperlinking to my local library's database and it may not work for those who, ya know, don't have a library card and shit at this particular library. if it doesn't work, i have the .pdf file itself that i may be able to attach to this posting, but who knows if it'll be needed or not)

Attached Files

#2 NohtisDaSound

NohtisDaSound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

thank you...this looks very interesting. will come back once i get through the whole article...

#3 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

Can you give a synapsis for my lazy buttocks?

On a related note, anyone remeber when KRS One was pushing for the Hip Hop University? Yahhh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users