26 replies to this topic

#1 deLarge

deLarge

Rookie

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/delargeone

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'm in desperate need of an MC but every MC I've used has just spat shit about nothing, done it in a fake accent and not really understood the kind of beats I make. So now I'm resorting to the internet. If there are any MC's out there who can record their own vocal and send tracks back and forth through soundcloud would be ideal. It's a long shot but there has to be someone good out there.

This is my soundcloud, some of the songs aren't really suited to having vocals, some sound like an MC wouldn't work but if I took away the vocal samples it would fit and some are in obvious needs of some bars.

https://soundcloud.com/delargeone

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this but this looked like the most sensible bit.
  • AzMatic likes this

#2 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

I work with a rap group out here in Denver, and one MC in particular is hungry as fuck. I'll show him some of your beats and see if he's down. No guarantees though.

#3 deLarge

deLarge

Rookie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Thanks, I know it's a long shot but nothing else is working so far

#4 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

Yo check this guy he's always up for bars, http://soundcloud.com/joagymshoe
I will as well when I get a new mixer, this is what I did about 3 years ago

you want subject matter then here you are, I know the beat and productions weak, but I only had a cracked copy of cubase, that was it, no keyboard, and didn't have a clue about DAW's full stop.

#5 deLarge

deLarge

Rookie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Cool I'll check that guy out, and let me know when you get a new mixer I like your flow and your lyrics are something different to other MC's I've worked with

#6 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

I work with a rap group out here in Denver, and one MC in particular is hungry as fuck. I'll show him some of your beats and see if he's down. No guarantees though.

do you really, Sunny?
i'm a pretty hungry rapper/producer myself, and i'm probably not too far north from you guys...up in that Boulder-ish area.
but yeah, i may be available deLarge-- depending on how much free time i can set aside after my semester ends next month. i'll have a period of 1-2 weeks where i'll be able to bang some stuff out...that's what i usually do anyway haha.

an example of my most recent work; the beat is from Jay KubeS aka Mantis 5 Edit. ^^^

#7 Tastik BEATS

Tastik BEATS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:Producing cloudy, phonky beats
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/tastik

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

do you really, Sunny?
i'm a pretty hungry rapper/producer myself, and i'm probably not too far north from you guys...up in that Boulder-ish area.
but yeah, i may be available deLarge-- depending on how much free time i can set aside after my semester ends next month. i'll have a period of 1-2 weeks where i'll be able to bang some stuff out...that's what i usually do anyway haha.

an example of my most recent work; the beat is from Jay KubeS aka Mantis 5 Edit. ^^^

wanna colab ? your dope
  • James Frank. likes this

#8 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

do you really, Sunny?

Dude you would go well with Jondis, reckon your voices would compliment.

#9 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:08 AM

Dude you would go well with Jondis, reckon your voices would compliment.

Yes!!! i've been wanting to collab with him for a while now, but i haven't figured out exactly what beat would compliment both our styles...btw i'm still working on our collab ODK ;) it would've been done by now if not for the 13 credit hours i'm taking right now over the summer. 6 is considered full time during the summer, and i'm doing double that, so you can imagine how overworked i've been the past couple months...haha.

#10 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

Yes!!! i've been wanting to collab with him for a while now, but i haven't figured out exactly what beat would compliment both our styles...btw i'm still working on our collab ODK ;) it would've been done by now if not for the 13 credit hours i'm taking right now over the summer. 6 is considered full time during the summer, and i'm doing double that, so you can imagine how overworked i've been the past couple months...haha.

Yeah Man good point Jondis won't even rhyme over his own beats ha ha!! no rush holmes, your focused type of person, your get it done when the times right.

#11 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

do you really, Sunny?

Yeah, we call ourselves High Five. We made an album that just sits on our home studio for some reason... Its fucking dope.

#12 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

Yeah, we call ourselves High Five. We made an album that just sits on our home studio for some reason... Its fucking dope.

uh

where is my copy

#13 deLarge

deLarge

Rookie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

James Frank and any other MC's if you do find yourself with some time message me through my soundcloud and I'll make my beats folder private to you

#14 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

nice, i'd like to hear it someday...do you guys plan on ever releasing it?

#15 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

uh

where is my copy

You'll have to ask DH Lawrence, dude has taken the idea of being a perfectionist to new heights...

nice, i'd like to hear it someday...do you guys plan on ever releasing it?

I'd like to have released it MONTHS ago, but one of the other producers won't let it go. So it just sits on the goddman computer collecting digital dust. It really is a spectacular album, especially compared to the mountains of shit the Denver/CO rap scene has to offer.

Here's the one track we've put up so far:

#16 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

It really is a spectacular album, especially compared to the mountains of shit the Denver/CO rap scene has to offer.

very nice, i dug that track. are you strictly a producer or were you one of the rhymers on there as well?

#17 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

very nice, i dug that track. are you strictly a producer or were you one of the rhymers on there as well?

Thanks for the kind words.

I stay behind the boards and share production duties with my buddy DH Lawrence and I DJ as well. The rappers you heard in order were B-Rex, Guidence, Crimsen, and Question.

Like I said we do have a full length completed which we took the better part of a year creating. We are hoping to put the whole thing online after we get it mastered in the next month or so.

Here's a link to our fb page if you want to stay updated on our live shows and new tracks.

#18 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:02 AM

well, they say good thing come to those who wait, and it's something to look forward to, really dope track, love to hear the other tracks.

#19 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

well, they say good thing come to those who wait, and it's something to look forward to, really dope track, love to hear the other tracks.

Thanks man, and you are right about the whole idea of being able to let things fall into place at their own pace sometimes. I have to remind myself to enjoy and be present for the actual race as opposed to focusing solely on the finish line, because I definitely take on the attitude of, 'I have no patience, and I hate waiting'.

Like I said earlier we have this whole album done and we've already started working on new tracks for the next album so my goal is to at least have something up on bandcamp pretty soon for free. I'm sure you'll see the thread I put up in the Hype section when the time is right though.

#20 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

nah sunny post that shit in stonesthrow, talk, the crates AND beatbattles. it's like, mo betta fo exposure

#21 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

nah sunny post that shit in stonesthrow, talk, the crates AND beatbattles. it's like, mo betta fo exposure

Haha. Appreciate the support, I think if I did that though dudes would thread dig all my 'Move it to Hype' posts and put me on blast.

I can at least say that this discussion got me talking to our financial backer about releasing some funds for a proper mastering. I'm over here ready to send the stems to Dave Cooley but dudes think I may be getting a few steps ahead of ourselves.

#22 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

Thanks man, and you are right about the whole idea of being able to let things fall into place at their own pace sometimes. I have to remind myself to enjoy and be present for the actual race as opposed to focusing solely on the finish line, because I definitely take on the attitude of, 'I have no patience, and I hate waiting'.

Like I said earlier we have this whole album done and we've already started working on new tracks for the next album so my goal is to at least have something up on bandcamp pretty soon for free. I'm sure you'll see the thread I put up in the Hype section when the time is right though.

Dude!! it took me 30 years to learn how to wait ha ha!! the adults tell you, you have to do it but never explain how, what I've leanrt is there is no finishing line, it's just a journey, with peaks and drops. And if you can evolve each day then it's all good.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for it though man!!

#23 deLarge

deLarge

Rookie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

From me and JoaGymshoe

#24 NohtisDaSound

NohtisDaSound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

this is dope

#25 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

this is dope

Thanks man, I'm glad you liked it! There is definitely a lot more to come in the next few weeks and hopefully years to come.

This week we sent some songs off to get mastered, fellow STMBer LuvBunz created some amazing logos for us so that we can launch our bandcamp any day now.

#26 Sixfingerz

Sixfingerz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:37 AM

DAmn, i'm really enjoying this thread. Dammn dope song n rhymes @ Sunny. Put it out man !

#27 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

DAmn, i'm really enjoying this thread. Dammn dope song n rhymes @ Sunny. Put it out man !

Many thanks for the encouragement! We are starting to get the first album mixed and mastered and we're currently about five songs in to the next record as well. To top all that off two of the rappers, B-Rex and Guidence, are both already pretty deep into their respective solo efforts. STMB will be the first group of international cats to get blessed with our music so keep your eyes peeled for an 'Official High Five Thread' in the coming weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users