Ekinz

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Reality, Sound, Things Of Interesting Nature, Places & Spaces
  • Soundcloud:joaram

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

Hi,
Recently read up on the problems gluten (wheat can do for the body) & deciding to go Not totally but try my hand @ going gluton free, almost. Now just wondering 1: is there anyone here which is already following this type of diet
2: you got any good recipes?
3: what are the benefits & did u feel them immediately?
4: do you follow any other diets of any kind?
Thankfull

David
  • Mr Teeth likes this

#2 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

in the past 2 years i have came to understand that diet has alot to do with the creative process and a clear mind. i did a full body detox from dhealthstore.com and that really helped me i was very sharp in the mind and got rid of alot of toxins and extra weight. for my body type i try to stay away from alot of meats, breads, and pasta (which convert to sugar), they just blow me up and make me feel really heavy and lazy. so i do meat in moderation and try to eat as raw (live enzymes) as possible i am going to try the paleo diet really soon. but dhealthstore.com has some pretty good recepies. and gluton free is the way!!!

geech

#3 D'MosPhree

D'MosPhree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:34 AM

I have recently taken on a vegan diet, but I'm only a couple of days in though.

#4 Mr. Gerbik

Mr. Gerbik

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:58 AM

no penis after 9

#5 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

Got to clean the body out first otherwise that goodness you find slips straight through, worth getting acupuncture done to find out what you should and shouldn't eat, you might want to give something up to find your system needs it. Some days just drink fluid, the next day, your have loads of energy, and be able to create.

#6 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

this pretty much sums up my diet.
  • GC90 and gEEchieDan like this

#7 geewon001

geewon001

Funky Psychic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Location:Detroit; "Tha Dee"; Motown; Murda Mitten; Dirty Glove; Iron Fist

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

I do the Lacto-Ovo-Pescatarian type of Vegetarian diet.

http://vegetarian.ab.../TypesofVeg.htm
  • gEEchieDan likes this

#8 MellowYouth

MellowYouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

ive worked for a smoothie shop when i was 15 or so. also a macrobiotic restaurant ~17 and then for whole foods as a supplement sales rep. im not top-notch healthy but i do try to take care of myself. one thing ive learned that rings true every time is exercise. for me it is the answer for when my mood/body feel like shit. when i kick up an active routine with working out and protein shakes, it really helps maintain energy levels throughout the day and keeps my gut in check.

so for me, the main ingredient for staying healthy is a protein shake in the morning and working out twice a week. if i can stick to that, my days are a lot better
  • Machiventa and gEEchieDan like this

#9 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,912 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:13 AM

I've recently cut down my carbs by about half and increased my fruits and veggies. I try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible. I'm a meat eater but I try to consume mainly fish and chicken and limit my red meat and pork to once a week at most.

#10 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

Certified ST Dope(ness) Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/soulrebel360

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Veggie detox once a month, no pork and very little red meat
  • gEEchieDan likes this

#11 Ekinz

Ekinz

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

I really like the reply guys. Good to know most are looking after themselves here. It's something here in australia that not recently, but in the last 5 -10yrs or so the general public really paying attention to what u stick in your gob & you will notice, u cant miss it. fresh food markets/farmers markets on weekends(& through the week) are mad. people on top of one another. U only have look at them once to tell their fairly happy looking to me, will be giving this newer diet a try i think even if i dont completely cut out my gluton totally, even by a 3rd- 1/2 is fine to me lets just see how I do,.....anyways thanks on the great feedback. Appreciated.

Ps. No penis after 9 haha....shit. Now I can't have my midnight snack anymore.lol.

#12 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

actually i quit wheat completely two weeks ago, been getting my carbs from rice. well see how i feel long term, but a bunch of great stuff happened immediately. always clogged nostrils opened up.....heartburn indigestion went away, even with ridiculously spicy food....and maybe just placebo but 'brain fog' from doing mad drugs all the time seems to have diminished. feeling great!

#13 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Really cut back on my meat intake. Tho this week was a relapse. Felt good tho. But certainly tofu is on the rise in the Cash household. Tons of stir fry.

Looking for a way to get rid of the love handles and belly fat. Any diet tips? Green coffee seems to be the rage. Anyone tried it?

#14 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,085 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Looking for a way to get rid of the love handles and belly fat. Any diet tips?

Get your juice on. Do a juicing cleanse for a couple weeks. That will help get that belly fat out of the way.

#15 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Get your juice on. Do a juicing cleanse for a couple weeks. That will help get that belly fat out of the way.

Hm. Seems pretty hardcore. I might replace a meal, or two, when I get up to speed. But it would take me a while to do a full 3 dayer. Just was on YouTube. Some people are doing 100 day juice only diets. Wtf?!

I like a bit of fat on my girls, and i feel the same about me, so i don't want to be slim, slim. I am pretty heavy at 230 but I am happy with my beach bod (2 years of gym + lifetime of general fitness). but I could knock it down 215 I will be a real Lance Romance with my shirt off for the ladies.

#16 Mr Teeth

Mr Teeth

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

Good thread.

Does anyone in the UK know any good dietary websites? Or websites that consult you on detoxing?

#17 Pattch82

Pattch82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

I've been eating alot healthier for the last year or so, and I gotta admit... I feel great compared to how I used to feel.

I basically limit my carb intake (no carbs after 2pm approx), I switched one meal every day to fresh fruit and veggies and I drink nothing but water and green tea. Obviously I combined this with ALOT of exercise too... I do alot of distance running and hit the gym a few times a week. I did that Insanity program a few months back too. The Insanity program, combined with the healthy eating and a weights program in the gym gave me unreal results in such a quick time!!

Only real downside is that now I've finished Inanity, I'm really struggling to motivate myself to keep at it and start it again... probs because I now know what it involves!! I need something new!

The reduction of carbs in the evening, along with the water and green tea literally stripped off any excess fat I had on me.

I do stray from the healthy eating every now and then but I try to limit it to once a month or so where I'll have a blow out with a big curry, some chocolate, etc...

Good thread!

#18 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:00 AM

Mos Def on that Guantanamo Diet.

#19 Ekinz

Ekinz

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

Today one of our meals- we had buckwheat pancakes for breakfast. Great example. It wasn't completely gluton/wheat free. About 50% free I think it said, though feeling afterwards was great. By all means I'm not trying to convert anyone into some kinda hardcore cult diet, since u have to be fairly carefull around this shit/your body does need a certain amount of essiential vitamins/minerals if your aiming for any kinda longevity to help prolong your lifetime/family/ girlfriend who ever it is.... Just saying there are few small steps here & there which can mean all the difference u need if u choose...yeah & kinda fun. Pretty sure nutritionist have a study base of at least 5yrs -to a lifetime.. of study on this subject. So there is really limitless amounts of information out there to cater to what ever Suits UR situation the best.

#20 D'MosPhree

D'MosPhree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

Only real downside is that now I've finished Inanity, I'm really struggling to motivate myself to keep at it and start it again... probs because I now know what it involves!! I need something new!

You might want to check out Fitness Blender, it's a youtube channel and web sight with a lot different cardio and high-intensity interval training videos and the best part of it all is that it's free.

http://www.fitnessblender.com

#21 Guts

Guts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:Mario

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

actually i quit wheat completely two weeks ago, been getting my carbs from rice. well see how i feel long term, but a bunch of great stuff happened immediately. always clogged nostrils opened up.....heartburn indigestion went away, even with ridiculously spicy food....and maybe just placebo but 'brain fog' from doing mad drugs all the time seems to have diminished. feeling great!

Grifty's burrito intake accounts for roughly 90% of his total caloric consumption.
  • Ekinz likes this

#22 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

Grifty's burrito intake accounts for roughly 90% of his total caloric consumption.

Don't front because the same can be said for Sunny.

#23 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

Tofu is the SHEEZ. @99 cents I get two meals of protein. Another benefit. Plus, zero "I am eating animal guilt".
  • Ekinz likes this

#24 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

i usually experience that "i am eating animals" PRIDE
  • DJ Projexion and Machiventa like this

#25 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

It's not so bad right now for me, and if I get it, which I do sometimes heavily, it's pretty much confined to mammals. But hey! I like a my big pizza pie! I don't know what that means.

#26 DJ Sapien

DJ Sapien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:The beautiful things in life.
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/djsapien

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

If in don't taste good, I don't eat it. ;)

#27 DAWHUD

DAWHUD

Sucker free since 79!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts
  • Interests:www.basementaddicts.com
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/dawhud

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

I do a pseudo paleo joint. Basically I really lowered the carbs in my diet and rock a lot of protein. Doing that and working out... dropped 30lbs with the quickness. Kept it off for about a year and a half. The important thing is to STILL enjoy food. I'll have a burger or pizza etc. All about balance homie.
  • Machiventa likes this

#28 Goodz047

Goodz047

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:Wax

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

Good thread!

I need to cut down listening to madlib in the early hours whilst smoking up then ordering pizza lol
  • negligence likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users