• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ridiculous

Ridiculous

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Last week I discovered that Stones Throw's catalog was deleted from Spotify.
Therefore, I can no longer legally listen and share tracks from my favourite albums like The Unseen and Ruff Draft.

Spotify was actually the place where I discovered other Stones Throw artists such as Dâm-Funk and MED.

I've tried to get a comment from Stones Throw, but that seems to be a dead end.

I know that business is business, but Stones Throw should restock their t-shirt stock and sell more merch rather than deleting their catalog from Spotify.
  • Mr. Sparkle and GC90 like this

#2 Ult

Ult

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Beats Beats Beats

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yeah, I found this forum on a furious rampage to look for answers. Kinda got over it and bought the albums instead. Either way, ST should have said something. It's kind of a big deal.
  • Mr. Sparkle likes this

#3 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

Songs are still available on Google Music's All Access. I really hope they don't remove it from there too :(
It's kind of stupid of ST to take stuff off Spotify. A lot of the folks will just find other ways of listening without ST making a single dime. At least with Spotify they were still making some money.

#4 renth

renth

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:16 AM

At least it's not just me here in Australia then. The message I'm getting in Spotify is that most of the Stones Throw material is "not available in Australia".

I'm still upset about it, I've been listening to loads of Stones Throw stuff of Spotify. I wish Spotify would sort their business with the record labels out. I'd definitely pay more for the service if it meant I could listen to Dilla and Madlib again...

As for Google Music's All Access - not available in Australia!

OK, just found out it looks like the stuff that's gone from Spotify (i.e. Jaylib - Champion Sound, Dilla - Donuts...) is available on Rdio - so it's goodbye Spotify hello Rdio!

#5 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

I had switched from Spotify to Rdio for about 2 months before Google's All Access came out. Rdio is definitely a better service in comparison to Spotify imo. The collection feature is quite nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users