Photo

JJ DOOM x Steve 'ESPO' Powers - "BOOKHEAD"

New Mask!? New track DOOM YouNeedToHearThis Noisey ESPO Steve Powers BookHead JJ DOOM

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 geewon001

geewon001

Funky Psychic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Location:Detroit; "Tha Dee"; Motown; Murda Mitten; Dirty Glove; Iron Fist

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

..."In a world exclusive, we unveil a brand new JJ DOOM track alongside a new mask created by legendary street artist and long time DOOM cohort, Steve 'ESPO' Powers.

Produced by You Need To Hear This, shot in London and directed by Powers, the video for "BOOKHEAD" reveals the ESPO masterminded security mirror mask.

Ahead of its premiere later this week, we got a sneak peak on the set of "BOOKHEAD" and
caught up with Powers and DOOM to discuss how graffiti has become intrinsic with DOOM's visuals and making "the every day strange and the strange every day"."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgpuHGPVPms

#2 Goodz047

Goodz047

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Wax

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

Feelin the mirror mask! Must be mad trippy wearin that and staring into a mirror.

#3 BroKing

BroKing

STMB Unofficial

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

lol you can see the dude in the mirror mask isnt the real doom look how skinny his legs are and shit wbabahahhaa

#4 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

lol you can see the dude in the mirror mask isnt the real doom look how skinny his legs are and shit wbabahahhaa

lol yeah I was like damn he lost some weight but then I saw the interview part and he's still a big dude

#5 geewon001

geewon001

Funky Psychic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Location:Detroit; "Tha Dee"; Motown; Murda Mitten; Dirty Glove; Iron Fist

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

Feelin the mirror mask! Must be mad trippy wearin that and staring into a mirror.

yeah, it is Dope!...reminds me of the "mirror-faced, hooded" character rolling with Sun Ra in the intro of the movie Space Is The Place.

..check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djBKQNVj5Cc
  • GC90 and JrSAMPLES like this

#6 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:I critique and collect records; conduct interviews; and study commercial music.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/aris_fau

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

yeah, it is Dope!...reminds me of the "mirror-faced, hooded" character rolling with Sun Ra in the intro of the movie Space Is The Place.

..check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djBKQNVj5Cc

Funny, I thought of this same clip when I first saw the new DOOM mask. The creator might have been directly or indirectly inspired by Sun Ra - we'll never know because, as Canibus said, "the secret to creativity is hiding your sources."

#7 NohtisDaSound

NohtisDaSound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

I feel you. I remember goin to a "DOOM" show once in L.A. and some skinny dude comes on stage and at the end of the night we were saying how we knew it wasn't him and all, and some chick (i guess she was like a promoter) was like "yea he's been eating right" hahahaha

#8 JrSAMPLES

JrSAMPLES

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

u think DOOM gonna rock that security mirror instead of the mask? lol all big deadmua5 style.
i hope its just for this video

#9 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:42 AM

I can't imagine him using the mirror mask for anything else lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New Mask!?, New track, DOOM, YouNeedToHearThis, Noisey, ESPO, Steve Powers, BookHead, JJ DOOM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users