• Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

#331 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

GODBODY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Art, Advertising, Graphic Design, Photography....
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/delicuts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

LOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

I'm 3 years old.

#332 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

jesus, line break much ^ ???

hahahaha

#333 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

2wJKjbU.gif

2wJKjbU.gif

2wJKjbU.gif

• SunnyMeadowz likes this

#334 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

That is perhaps the greatest gif ever GC90.

#335 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

GODBODY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

WORD!

adultswim-gifs-sealab.gif

#336 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:30 PM

KanyeDGDO4.gif

#337 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

GODBODY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:47 AM

That shit creepy.

#338 4444

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:37 PM

All Day Live @ Brit Awards

I dunno, sounds pretty hype to me. And that's at 1hr46mins if the timestamped link doesn't work.

#339 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:52 AM

All Day Live @ Brit Awards

I dunno, sounds pretty hype to me. And that's at 1hr46mins if the timestamped link doesn't work.

Would of been if they didn't silence big chunks out every other word, the commentary was the funniest with Ant & Dec constantly checking Kanye was not going to run up and stop them, and referencing Taylor Swift.

#340 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:54 PM

I wonder why this guy gets so much pub.

#341 felixherandez

felixherandez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:43 PM

That performance seem very Beyoncesque to me

#342 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:Whisky, Wine, Cigars & Coffee
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/edtheyounger

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:28 PM

Beats... I used to listen to old kanye shit just for his production, it's kinda like 'yeah bruh, you can rap whatever the fuck you like over this... I'll still bob my head' I don't think many people listen to Ye for his lyrical content or even delivery. Guy just makes fire beats.

Edit: which is partially why I don't really fuck with dude anymore. Beats are still nice production wise but not really as much my thing as his earlier work.

#343 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

Beats... I used to listen to old kanye shit just for his production, it's kinda like 'yeah bruh, you can rap whatever the fuck you like over this... I'll still bob my head' I don't think many people listen to Ye for his lyrical content or even delivery. Guy just makes fire beats.

Edit: which is partially why I don't really fuck with dude anymore. Beats are still nice production wise but not really as much my thing as his earlier work.

he doesn't really produce beats anymore -- if you check the credits, it's usually several lesser assistants co-producing the track (like Mike Dean, Malik Yusef, Kid Cudi sometimes, and like Arca or some shit)...even that Pusha T track was "co-produced" with another dude...like, what the fuck does that even mean?  the beat's pretty simplistic, did one do the snare while the other worked the hats?

• EdTheYounger likes this

#344 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:30 PM

imo it's late registration not dropout. That's one of the best albums ever made to me

And JF; have you never collaborated with other musicians before? It's pretty straightforward what co produced means
  • DavidisBaas likes this

#345 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:38 PM

He's pop now, fortunately the pop cycle rotates pretty quickly, his music has fallen right off (even his good stuff was very derivative) his rhymes are more vacuous than ever, just the meltdown/divorce and further ridicule in the 'fashion world' that he is so desperate to be part of to come now.

Mike Dean is not really a lesser assistant, check his discogs, he is a fucking classically trained stoned genius and pioneer of the southern rap sound out of Houston in the 90's. He's getting paid mad grip to work with Jay and Ye, and it's not like he has anything left to prove, so why not?
  • jbuzz likes this

#346 jbuzz

jbuzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:30 PM

he doesn't really produce beats anymore -- if you check the credits, it's usually several lesser assistants co-producing the track (like Mike Dean, Malik Yusef, Kid Cudi sometimes, and like Arca or some shit)...even that Pusha T track was "co-produced" with another dude...like, what the fuck does that even mean?  the beat's pretty simplistic, did one do the snare while the other worked the hats?

Idk if Kanye ever really fulfilled the typical role of a producer. There's some interview out there where he said whenever he felt he wasn't good enough to create something (i.e. chop up a sample or make a decent bassline) he'd just call up Q-Tip or No I.D. or whoever and get them to do it. Sounds more like he was a creative director who knew what he wanted, but not how to do it himself. I'm guessing that that's something that continues through to this day with all these "co-producers". 

As for his music in general, he hasn't got much by way of introspective lyricism, he has some classic club bangers, but even when people say that Late Registration and College Dropout were "great", I can't help but cringe. Impressive for a pop rapper sure, and changed the landscape of popular hip hop (for the worse) definitely, but being influential and standing out in a sea of mediocrity aren't nearly enough to make something great IMO. As for Yeezus and MBDTF, ugh. If you asked me, I'd say that the only great album by Kanye with consistently great production was "Be" by Common, I still keep that in rotation. 

#347 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

imo it's late registration not dropout. That's one of the best albums ever made to me

And JF; have you never collaborated with other musicians before? It's pretty straightforward what co produced means

i've yet to successfully co-produce a beat with someone...

#348 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:14 AM

Me and my homie guts have a full record sitting in the archives somewhere that's way doper than anything we've ever done alone that we both "co-produced"

#349 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:21 AM

Anyway that might have come off wrong. It's just... Co-produced is a completely normal thing in the music world. I don't think it takes away from yeezy's talent. It adds to it IMO. LeBron just became the all time assists leader in NBA front court history. That's not because he's a bullshitter, it's because he's one of the greatest to ever play
  • Berry Woods likes this

#350 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:34 AM

Co-produced in the Kanye sense means that the other guy came with the song, he did some minor tweaks, and they were cool with it because they got good payola, and because a co-writer credit on a KW record is good looks in terms of getting more well paid work in the future.

But normally its what G.Rod said.

#351 DavidisBaas

DavidisBaas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/yung-beyonce

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

Co-produced in the Kanye sense means that the other guy came with the song, he did some minor tweaks, and they were cool with it because they got good payola, and because a co-writer credit on a KW record is good looks in terms of getting more well paid work in the future.

But normally its what G.Rod said.

because you know this. because that's a fact.

#352 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:28 AM

There were a lot of interviews about the working process on MBDTF, Ye had a floor of a hotel booked out, the guys co writing the tracks and his technical crew Mike Dean etc. were holed up in there banging shit out and Ye would come through and pick what he wanted and tweak what he wanted, taking an editor/director role. It's not a secret or anything. Ye doesn't feel that this approach diminishes him artistically, he ultimately determines what the output is. Actually you could say he is more of a producer in the traditional sense of the term, rather than just a beatmaker. But whatever, I think he lost the plot around 808's. I take it you're a fan.
  • DJ Primate and jbuzz like this

#353 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

i've yet to successfully co-produce a beat with someone...

actually, if we consider oz to be a real person then i guess i have successfully co-produced some beats.  but that's also some fourth wall shit that i don't feel like even getting into...

#354 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

Whoa I got edited. Good work. Hip hop is something you don't lis to.

#355 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

Project ghost/Hood apparition

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:28 PM

There were a lot of interviews about the working process on MBDTF, Ye had a floor of a hotel booked out, the guys co writing the tracks and his technical crew Mike Dean etc. were holed up in there banging shit out and Ye would come through and pick what he wanted and tweak what he wanted, taking an editor/director role. It's not a secret or anything. Ye doesn't feel that this approach diminishes him artistically, he ultimately determines what the output is. Actually you could say he is more of a producer in the traditional sense of the term, rather than just a beatmaker. But whatever, I think he lost the plot around 808's. I take it you're a fan.

Yeah Kanye has pretty much embraced the role of "auteur" by this part in his career. I personally don't think any of his vision is lost in the process. While there are many people on board, you still got Ye at the helm, steering the ship.

#356 jbuzz

jbuzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:14 PM

Yeah Kanye has pretty much embraced the role of "auteur" by this part in his career. I personally don't think any of his vision is lost in the process. While there are many people on board, you still got Ye at the helm, steering the ship.

Ship's going in the wrong direction.

#357 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

Project ghost/Hood apparition

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:20 PM

Ship's going in the wrong direction.

Hey man, the ship's going where he wants it to. That's enough to earn my respect.

• Grifty-Rodriguez and jbuzz like this

#358 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

the ship ran into an iceberg and sank years ago—it's so bad that James Cameron hired an underwater excavation crew to dig its remains up and then interviewed some old bag about the time she got nailed in the back of a Model T when it was out at sea.

• jbuzz likes this

#359 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:18 AM

Oh Yeezus
Breaking Role
  • jbuzz and EdTheYounger like this

#360 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:Whisky, Wine, Cigars & Coffee
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/edtheyounger

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:32 AM

Oh Yeezus
Breaking Role

it's almost like he was picking his nose or something and then realised a camera was rolling  :lol: 'mustn't seem happy, mustn't seem happy'

• mangoes cash likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kanye West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users