336 replies to this topic

#151 D'MosPhree

D'MosPhree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:47 AM

somebody's jealous. y'all sound like some gossippy ass women up in here.

All day

Sheiky say: "Kanye no good n#gger! He eat dick nightly and like @ssfuck from good jewish business man like that hooker hoe Paris Hilton. He was humbled by gay fag designer. He blacker than that camel Gay Z who buttf2ck man named Bee once. She look like my sh!t was gang fu3cked by manager Slick. Kanye de worst m3therfucker jabroni, I no give him one cent for his bullsh3t music. Only time I listen was when I do the koakain with Bernie Mac the gentleman. F#ck you Kanye--you dress like fagg3t. I no make fun of you wife and children--but I f#ck you wife's sister with my ten-inch cock. Late Registration was your last album and ever since you suck the didick!

Maybe I'm being a bit of prude but this racist and homophobic shit is despicable and not funny. FOH with this.

#152 ras dude

ras dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:drumming, glaucoma medication, shit from the 70's, podcasts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

this racist and homophobic shit is despicable and not funny. FOH with this.

It is if it's coming from the Iron Sheik baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gtomt4of64
  • OfficeTime8889 and James Frank. like this

#153 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

All day

Maybe I'm being a bit of prude but this racist and homophobic shit is despicable and not funny. FOH with this.

The iron sheik and shock jocks are the ones who started this kind of parody. Jews are writing the material, my dude. That should tell you something. The fact that Jay Z, Kanye and Beyoncee have soared so high in American "entertainment" should tell you something. Kanye should go back to heeding his own words; no matter how high you get, "you'se still a nigga." Seriously, do you think that any of these people matter?

So what about it is so homophobic and racist? Everything is open to being poked fun at. Some people would consider anal sex to be an abominable act and disgusting. I do not have problems with how people live their lives--nobody should be told how to live their lives. Hold hands kiss in public do what you gotta do and feels right but don't over do it--public affection displays are corny anyways hetero or homo. No homo.

Jay Z looks like a camel. And these people are controlling your every thought by distracting you from what is really going on in society. Jay Z is his own minstrel show. He would be the worst ever poker player. His hand would be as apparent as his girl's adam's apple.

Anyway, the whole point of the sheik routine is to be controversial.

#154 D'MosPhree

D'MosPhree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

@ras dude

smdh, not familiar with this dude, this ish is crazy. Did he really write that review? I figured it was something like the big ghost reviews or something.

@MWBOOGIE

Trust me nobody is controlling me man your preaching that ish to the wrong one. And I believe Kanye is heading his own words, it is as plane as day in the album that he sees that his status doesn't change the fact that he is black.

The use of the words n#gger and fagg3t and all the other things in that quote you posted would be considered homophobic and racist to many, again, maybe I'm being a bit prudish. As I said I'm not familiar with that dude.

I have no intention of getting in a long winded debate or conversation about any of this with you, looking at some of the debates and convos I have seen you get in over your short time on the board you seem to be kind of a hater and to be cemented in your opinions, so yeah, I'm out.
  • James Frank. likes this

#155 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Real life is a parody. I do not believe myself to be a hater so much as I am following the carrot and also looking back to the starting line. But, then again how can you not be a hater at times. Music and entertainment business is an ugly place. Tell me what has that singer Drake ever done to merit anything except make shitty music? Paris Hilton signed to CM...

We do not have to hold a conversation, and I appreciate your words-believe it or not. When words are spoken from the heart they have a lot more merit than anything written by the likes of forumites who are just speaking off the top. The Howard Stern Show is a gimmick from its inception. The FCC has basically made special rules for guys like him. His whole show is offensive. He tells Christians that he will piss on Jesus or something to that effect. By extension he utilized that crazed man as a representation of uncouthness and the maniacal. We are supposed to dislike the Iranian because he is the biggest threat to the Israeli. This is a parody on that. What does pro-hetero views have to do with the price of pasta?

#156 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

http://www.power1051...ub?mid=24021364

man, fucking BRAVO to Charlamagne tha God for calling out Kanye to his face this whole interview...Ye looked like a fucking idiot with his logical fallacies, non-answers to straight questions and his weird tangential rants about being Walt Disney and a God. my favorite part is when Ye says he's God, then in the exact same breath he says he's not infallible, and he has flaws-- a perfect example of the walking contradiction he's become.

seriously though, watch this. it's the best kanye interview i've seen in a long time imo, you really get a sense of how far he's fallen mentally...and then when he gets called out for it to his fucking face, he avoids eye contact the entire time with the man doing it.

tl;dr the gist of the interview is that Kanye admits he's not infallible, yet still somehow a God; admits he believes he's equivalent to Steve Jobs, Walt Disney, Michelangelo, and other references that seem pretty offensive in comparison; admits the whole point of Yeezus is a melo-dramatic bitch fit full of contradictory statements, i.e. corporations themselves aren't bad, just the people who told him 'no' are bad when he wanted to design 50 pairs of Nikes to sell for $1,000 retail...

revolutionary indeed. foh

#157 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

"when we're born, we're born artists, we're born free, and then we're HELD DOWN, by society's perception of us. we just don't want to be embarrassed, and i took the opportunity to look as stupid as possible."

#158 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

"Eve made Adam eat a apple, and then it became illegal to be naked; I want to help y'all with y'all opinion on the law."

#159 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

post-interview...interview with CTG, dude truly keeps it 100 with his points:

http://www.power1051...-vibe-11866029/

#160 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

I had no idea wtf he was talking about after five mins.

#161 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:I critique and collect records; conduct interviews; and study commercial music.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/aris_fau

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

To suggest that Yeezus is an unfiltered view into the mind of an artist is a misguided analysis. Considering the amount of people listed/ not listed on the credits, the marketing ploy that is Yeezus itself, and the propagandistic essence of everything that is edited at any point, I suffice it to say that Yeezus is as filtered as any album in history. Just because he mixes in some unpopular remarks and delves into the realm of conspiracy, does not mean that Mr. West is the revolutionary that he would like for the public to believe he is.

I found it fascinating that in the recent string of interviews he lasted the length of his "rant" or "stream of consciousness" w/o ever making eye contact with the people who were pressing him. He constantly referenced a corner of presumable representatives for approval and for counsel during times of contention. This leads me to believe that the seemingly "unfiltered" was highly contrived and calculated.

After watching the interviews, I thought to myself that considering his degree of passion and commitment, it's unfortunate that he's using all of his energy and efforts in such way. I think if he were to die tomorrow, he would have become very much like the Tupac that he and so many other rappers obsess over in that his heart was in the right place, but his energy misguided. All this being said, I believe Kanye is highly intelligent. I believe him to be capable, perhaps more than any of his rap contemporaries, to do something for the disenfranchised, marginalized, and oppressed people that he so often refers to. I just don't know that the fashion nonsense, billionaire hype, and thirst for attention is the means by which to do so.

From Muhammad Ali, Farrakhan, and Malcolm X, Kanye could learn eloquence. There is no need to raise your voice when engaged in conversation. He thinks that he's emphasizing his points, but he's really just discrediting them.

#162 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

^ well said.

#163 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

michael angelo of rap up in this shit byaaaaatch

#164 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:20 AM

I believe him to be capable, perhaps more than any of his rap contemporaries, to do something for the disenfranchised, marginalized, and oppressed people that he so often refers to. I just don't know that the fashion nonsense, billionaire hype, and thirst for attention is the means by which to do so.

He's trying to break the system from the inside. He's at the top of his game, but he knows there's an entire world out there that's virtually out of bounds for him. He's rich, sure, but he's still not part of the social elite. No matter how successful he is as an artist, he'll still be a "slave". He believes there is still a massive racial division in the upper class, and he's probably right. The American dream wasn't engineered for people of his background. So as far as he pushes himself and his art, he'll never, ever rub elbows with the elite. The old money. And his fashion ventures are an example of that. Fashion is something he takes very seriously, but no matter how hard he pushes to be seen as an equal to his peers in the fashion industry, he'll always be a novelty to them because of his background.
"But it's fashion, what's the big deal?", you may ask. That's not the point. It would be different if he were put on the same level as Ralph Lauren and failed. But he wasn't even given a chance, and that's the root of his frustration. So what does he do? He begins to make noise. He begins to flip metaphorical tables, doing all he can in his position to seize the reins of American culture. He brands his clothing with confederate flags, calls himself "Yeezus" and simultaneously rids Kim Kardashian and a motorcycle through the American west. He also makes Yeezus, which is also pretty controversial, if this thread is to believed.
And it's important to note that his fight may not be your fight. You're not going to be as rich as him. So why bother? I just think it's interesting to watch him tear things apart and make people angry, because if people are getting angry, he's at least pulling some emotion from people for once.

And regarding the "amount of people listed/ not listed on the credits", it's pretty clear that Kanye is the primary auteur of his works. If there's a marketing scheme behind Yeezus, it's Kanye's scheme. And to be honest, I actually find the contradictory "minimalist/maximalist" essence of Yeezus to be pretty cool.

#165 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:I critique and collect records; conduct interviews; and study commercial music.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/aris_fau

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

I fear Kanye. He's the type of guy to attain a level of power and influence and totally misuse it. He's not to be trusted. He's way too emotional. His inability to control even his own outbursts is his downfall as a rhetor. Yea, we are all slaves, but no, there is absolutely nothing novel about this idea. It is a fact that the humans, especially those of the Western hemisphere/ culture, are enslaved by the lures that we've become perceptive of largely by figures such as Kanye. Is Kanye not a slave master himself? Is Kanye not a politician? Does he not have a national and even global forum, much like the political figures that he's denounced? Does Kanye not abuse this stage? He says that he wants to become a billionaire because he now has a family to support. That's laughable

In short, Kanye is "a man of his word who's not to be trusted" - King Geedorah

#166 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

He's a talented arse.

#167 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

Not sure who else most of you would find "talented." This guy is a bum. I mean that in the best of ways, too. Surprising that guys that speak ad nauseum about quality producers would succumb to this guys suckness.

#168 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

i'm sick of sticking up for him and making excuses for his retarded behavior, i'm done with Kanye West. there was a time when he was my favorite hip-hop artist of all time, and he was truly doing great things to try and expand his vision...but i gotta snicker at anyone who tries to defend him and pretend like he's some sort of fucking genius. he's not, he's an egotistical, materialistic, baby-boy biter who cries and stamps his feet like an only child toddler when he doesn't get what he wants. his fight isn't our fight, that's very true-- so why the fuck should we have even bought the album or bought the $100 tix to his concert or listened to his shitty VMA performance if its all just a ruse to get him a meeting with the exec at Louis Vuitton?

he's a paper tiger, a shadow puppet and a false revolutionary, and that used to be the most unforgivable of sins in this culture...idgaf how much background knowledge he has about hip-hop and the 'new slave' philosophy, he's a fucking twat and deserves to be the most hate-able, arrogant, disliked piece of shit in music today and tomorrow. that's what he wants at this point, so i'm gonna appease little baby-boy and give him what he wants and break my copy of Yeezus before i toss it in the trash.
  • GC90 likes this

#169 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

how is arrogance worth hating this dude for? hasn't every battle rapper in history been arrogant for repeatedly claiming they're the greatest? there's a rapper who takes kanye's recent claims a step further, and CALLS HIMSELF GENIUS.

i don't know what exactly about this fool pisses you off so much, but he's never claimed any revolution. he's been careful and done exactly what he's said he's gonna do. so he's blowing up on talk shows recently. i think that shit's DOPE personally ain't nobody really made a fool of those guys before, media like that is used to making the fool out of other people. so what he fucking interrupted taylor swift? how people be hating on him for that, that shit made him a hero in my book. yeah he says he wants to be a billionaire but who wouldn't? i mean the dude is so honest and raw, and backs himself up.

yeezus to me is a revolutionary piece of art rap. something nobody in hip hop has even come close to yet. a blatant middle finger to genre lines, mtv, anybody who wants kanye west to do something in particular he said fuck off to that person. fans, labels, critics, other rappers, everyone. including james frank.

he's right man, this world is ruled over by corporate overlords with tophats, and in order to even understand that you've got to be on some next level shit. that's how well they've controlled the game. in order to be truly "free" (freedom of influence, for KW the only way to honestly make lasting change and affect people) one must be more than rich, but outrageously rich. if people are going to hold him to god-level influence level (which they have been saying SINCE college dropout, regardless of i am a god), then how do you want him to say "nah, i don't want that god level influence, i'm content with this inner peacefulness shit". he's gonna go try to TAKE that. which is what he's saying!! i'm all for swearing off materialism, but KW is trying to control the system so he can change it. if you hate on him, then i dont know if there's any hope to change it EVER. it's been the same rich billionaire families through history, and it'll stay that way

#170 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

yeezus to me is a revolutionary piece of art rap. something nobody in hip hop has even come close to yet.

Someone hasn't heard of Death Grips

lol @ grifty's whole post, I don't think I will ever understand the task force/bitch mob behind Kanye. He was a good producer, but now he's just a douche with a severe case of aspergers.

#171 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

death grips is wack i don't care what you say bruh. death grips is the group with a bitch mob y'all some depressing ass hipster crowd trying to convince err body that drugs and death are so cool. they got some beats that bang i'll give em that but that frontman is a clown. kanye isn't copying their shit anyway i don't understand why people saying that. he ain't never said anything but "i'm the greatest" like any other rapper yet somehow he gets a terrible rep for saying louder than others

#172 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

but KW is trying to control the system so he can change it. if you hate on him, then i dont know if there's any hope to change it EVER. it's been the same rich billionaire families through history, and it'll stay that way

People who believe this are just as retarded as Kanye btw. Kanye is a nobody to folks with real money and power lol
He's an uneducated douche who can barely explain things coherently in his outbursts/rants, how do you expect him to be a force of any kind of "change" to whatever system he/you wants to abolish.

#173 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

that's his whole fucking point bro! that his goal is to be that. he's not that, you're right. but he's trying to make those billionaires understand that they're making a mistake by ignoring him. he explains that shit completely coherently if you listen to him. but no people have to buy into the hooplah that every kanye interview brings with it. everyone is stuck on calling him crazy, and laughing at his ass. he just keeps repeating that he's not on that level, but he wants to be on that level. that's his whole point, what you just said

#174 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

Dunno, he gives them a lot of reasons to ignore him. Jokes on him/you/his fans if you think he will ever be in a position of real power. When you have people like Obama calling him a jackass, imagine what others with far more power/money think of him.

It's just my opinion, but I don't even think he will leave much of an impact on the industry like other huge acts have in the past.

edit: I'll leave this here. lol at anyone taking Kanye seriously

#175 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

he already changed hip hop forever, like three times

#176 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:50 PM

Besides 808 making hip hop worse, what has he changed?

#177 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

1. changed producers from that terrible west coast bells and synths nonsense back to soul samples & popularized the chipmunk soul beat(college dropout)
2. changed the idea of hip hop from spare and simple drums and samples and cuts to a maximalist, fully orchestrated piece of music, giving it larger respect in the music world (late registration)
3. rapped about new things, like eschewing commercialism and materialism, or his honest feelings as a person, and opened the door for the so called "emo" age of rap that has dawned upon us. (inspiring every one from drake to jonwayne in the process)

#178 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

I'll give you the stupid chipmunk soul sample effect, I forgot about that one (thank god this has stopped being a thing). The other two seem highly debatable, especially #3. Kanye didn't invent conscious rap lol

#179 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

...i don't know what exactly about this fool pisses you off so much, but he's never claimed any revolution.

Grifty, please....i respect your opinions, but you know that's not true. He sampled a Gil Scott-Heron piece on his last album that specifically talked about revolution, man. his promotional posters for this last album said "REVOLT" on them. he's been quoted comparing what he's doing to the music industry to the French Revolution.

...he's right man, this world is ruled over by corporate overlords with tophats, and in order to even understand that you've got to be on some next level shit.

the irony is that he's in bed with all of these corporations. you think you're part of some big "fuck the industry" bandwagon by supporting him, but in reality all you're doing is contributing to the industry lol. his watered down, dumbed down, half-assed wannabe revolution he's presenting to everyone isn't going to change anything, do you really think it is? it's not.

in short, you're being hoodwinked...it's not "next level shit" btw it's shamelessly trying to sandwich together 5 songs into one and failing. he ain't no Shabazz Palaces, he's a messianic douche with dick-riders hanging on his every word because they believe him when he says he's the greatest ever. i'm not saying don't support him, but don't expect him to give two shits whether you're a fan or not...but if you're okay with that then cool.
  • GC90 likes this

#180 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=BCxvk9NjRKQ

I love this interview/intervention.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kanye West