Drums Breaks Hard Hitting Rare

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Mindstates

Mindstates

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Making beats, break dancing, DJing.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/#mindstates

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hi guys, I was just wondering if any of you know any rare, hard hitting breaks. I dont really like the common ones (that little Feat one, the Honeydrippers-Impeach the president). It would be awesome if you guys could show me some from around the world, too. thanks.

#2 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,916 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Ummmmmm...

#3 Mindstates

Mindstates

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Don't know if thats meant to be sarcastic...if it is then you might as well keep it to yourself...instead of trolling...

#4 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,916 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

Naw, I just come from the school of thought that a person has to put the time in digging the breaks out themselves. Of course it's nice to have someone point you in the right direction, I can understand that. I'm certain there are some other posters here who feel that anyone should be able to just print out a list of every great drum break/sample ever. For me though most of the fun is in discovering new music by taking the time to actually listen to troves and troves of records. I also don't e-dig whatsoever, not that there's anything wrong with it.
  • DJ Projexion, Beatronome and Heavy Drama like this

#5 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

Hi guys, I was just wondering if any of you know any rare, hard hitting breaks. I dont really like the common ones (that little Feat one, the Honeydrippers-Impeach the president). It would be awesome if you guys could show me some from around the world, too. thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNG3XqGAIxs

here ya go, champ.

#6 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,487 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

Don't know if thats meant to be sarcastic...if it is then you might as well keep it to yourself...instead of trolling...

right and you wernt trolling in the first place with this post? there is no way your being serious and if you are you might aswell just fuck off now

#7 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

Here you go, man.
  • SunnyMeadowz likes this

#8 Mindstates

Mindstates

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:00 AM

Yeah, um, Im just getting started in making beats...I understand that you guys may not have agreed to what I said. But does that mean you have to outright diss me? Yeah ok, IM the troll...

#9 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,916 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

Yeah, um, Im just getting started in making beats...I understand that you guys may not have agreed to what I said. But does that mean you have to outright diss me? Yeah ok, IM the troll...

Welcome to STMB!
  • James Frank. likes this

#10 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,487 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

you dont like 'common' breaks that have been used on thousands of classic records? :rolleyes:

#11 CertafiedBluntHead

CertafiedBluntHead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

heard about this pretty rare one, something like 'clunky drummer' or something, mad secret though don't tell people

someone post up the bette midler and liberace breaks

#12 zmister

zmister

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

hmmmmm

#13 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

hahaha, i started laughing when i read 'Liberace breaks'...

"Waddddyaaa theeeeeenk about theeese breaks, aren't thaaaaaaaay just wonderful?"

#14 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

Geez guy's going a bit hard on the guy, he needs advice, we all had to start somewhere, some of you really shoundn't have kids, " Daddy can you tie my shoe lace ? " No fuck off you little troll, google it. All he needed telling was go work it out for himself.
Give the guy a BREAK !! :P

#15 Chief Buddha

Chief Buddha

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/chief_buddha

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

Ocean-Put you hand in the hand, Elvis did it also with some fire breaks.

#16 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:15 AM

Geez guy's going a bit hard on the guy, he needs advice, we all had to start somewhere, some of you really shoundn't have kids, " Daddy can you tie my shoe lace ? " No fuck off you little troll, google it. All he needed telling was go work it out for himself.
Give the guy a BREAK !! :P

my future children will have to google themselves through life and they will be better people for it
  • SunnyMeadowz likes this

#17 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

my future children will have to google themselves through life and they will be better people for it

Blimy they're already famous before they're born, can't think of anything worse than googling yourself !! (I couldn't resist sorry holmes :D )

#18 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

just record yourself bashing rocks and shit, that's what i do. i don't need no goddamn drummy breaks.

#19 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,916 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

I have a 4 year old and an 8 month old. They've been doing just fine with this strategy!
  • DJ Primate likes this

#20 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

"STMB is so real its the place where parents tell their own children to fuck off if they come with some wack trolling-ass threads"
  • DJ Primate likes this

#21 winter inter

winter inter

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/winterinter

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

Most people are reluctant to give hand outs of rare breaks because just that, they're rare gems. Imagine digging for hours and hours in a dusty basement to find that ONE break where it makes you go "Wooo!" You're going to keep that one to yourself of course!

But too get breaks to sound hard hitting, you're going to have to study up on drum programming and sound design. i.e. using EQ to sculpt your drums, compression to get them to hit right, saturation/distortion to make it gritty, and layering them with drum machine samples to get them to knock.

Pull up a song with hard hitting drums that you like (Pete Rock, DJ Premier, etc) and study them while looking at a spectrum analyzer and watch how your speaker cones move. This helps give you a reference point to how they should move the speaker, do the same with your drums. It could take years to get your drum sound how you like it, and the only way to get there is to practice, practice, practice!

#22 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

Most people are reluctant to give hand outs of rare breaks because just that, they're rare gems. Imagine digging for hours and hours in a dusty basement to find that ONE break where it makes you go "Wooo!" You're going to keep that one to yourself of course!

But too get breaks to sound hard hitting, you're going to have to study up on drum programming and sound design. i.e. using EQ to sculpt your drums, compression to get them to hit right, saturation/distortion to make it gritty, and layering them with drum machine samples to get them to knock.

Pull up a song with hard hitting drums that you like (Pete Rock, DJ Premier, etc) and study them while looking at a spectrum analyzer and watch how your speaker cones move. This helps give you a reference point to how they should move the speaker, do the same with your drums. It could take years to get your drum sound how you like it, and the only way to get there is to practice, practice, practice!

look at this dude over here

giving good advice

who do you think you are

#23 Mindstates

Mindstates

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

Thanks for helping me man. Yeah, I guess my post was kinda stupid and amateur, but at the same time everyone didn't have to be that harsh. Im just getting into making beats with samples, so I kind of needed someone to point me in the right direction. Its kind of hard to find decent drums just by digging through records that you haven't even heard of. Also, thanks Chief Buddha for letting me know about those breaks.

#24 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

look at this dude over here

giving good advice

who do you think you are

dig the new thumbnail, Primate.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Drums, Breaks, Hard Hitting, Rare

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users