• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 Waldo

Waldo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

James Pants was a man of few words. He was always a passive type of man. He never hurt anyone... Until 5 years ago. He was even the one who killed Bryan K! He used different things to murder people with. Even Indian Curry! He once even shoved a mans face into another mans ass. He was inspired by The Human Centipede. He took souvenirs from his victims, such as soups made from food in their fridge. He then was caught by a blind police man because of the weed smell coming from his apartment. He had over 13 bodies in his freezers. He was sent to prison for 24 life terms, but just recently escaped.

#32 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:28 AM

CvoymJc.png

Album recording done last month apparently, dunno if for his own album or for someone else?

#33 brentabousko

brentabousko

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

and

Utilizing proprietary, advanced intelligence technology, Eternal Bliss™ is the world’s first guided meditation that puts you in charge. Head towww.relaxinfinity.com to experience the Internet's most relaxing website.

artworks-000077907364-jvv0dg-t500x500.jp

#34 fungus

fungus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

i heard that James Pants just wrote an article for Gawker called Black People Are Cowards

#35 James Pants

James Pants

Rookie

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

CvoymJc.png

Album recording done last month apparently, dunno if for his own album or for someone else?

yeah, next album for me is all done. i think. actually, think two eps would be better. all the songs are short. like 1 minute or something.

hope everybody is doing well.

• mangoes cash and GC90 like this

#36 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for the update Señor Pantalones.
  • mangoes cash likes this

#37 BroKing

BroKing

STMB Unofficial

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:01 AM

i heard that James Pants just wrote an article for Gawker called Black People Are Cowards

stones throw is racist !!! ask dudley !!

#38 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

Trying to get JP to do a mix for Discogs  :D

#39 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Art, Advertising, Graphic Design, Photography....
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/leftfoot1st

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:08 AM

Never heard of him until now... going to do some research

#40 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

Never heard of him until now... going to do some research

Don't hurt your brain. 

James Pants is a funk demon extrordinaire. 

#41 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:36 AM

lol, going to stop looking... I hate demon

#42 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:50 AM

Hm.
Guess you take what in said the wrong way.

I recomend Welcome, his first album its miraculous.

#43 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

lol, nah, i was just kidding.. i was listening for awhile..now i'm back to my vinyl lol...played around with the STBB sample for this week for a bit and got tired quickly

#44 Waldo

Waldo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

Born into a wealthy family in Spokane Washington, James Pants and his brothers, Ernest and William, were encouraged to seek a greater understanding of the world through music. As a young boy, James was obsessed with studying outdated sounds that focus on simulating natural emotions. When James was four years old, his parents adopt a female orphan with whom James Pants later falls in love.

Witnessing a masonic spiritual strike on an old relic turned conscious inspires James Pants to harness the power for his music. Weeks before he leaves for the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, his mother dies of scarlet fever, creating further impetus towards his ungodly sound experiments. At the university, he excels at chemistry, metaphysics and theology, soon developing a secret technique to reanimate dead sound, which eventually leads to his creation of the Seven Seals.

Because of the difficulty in replicating the fragmentary small-parts of spiritual consciousness, James Pants was forced to make the sound roughly forty minutes long. As a result, the beautiful soundscape of his dreams was instead a demonic creation. Repulsed by his work, James Pants fled. Saddened by the rejection, his fans disappeared too.

James Pants falls ill from the experience and is nursed back to health by his childhood friend, Peanut Butter Wolf. After a six-month recovery, he returns home when he learns of the suicide by his brother William. James Pants sees the demonic album at the crime scene, leading him to believe that his creation is responsible.

Ravaged by grief and guilt, James retreats again into the mountains.... In a fit of hallucinations he locates the demon that channeled its way into the album. Pleading for James Pants to hear his tale, the intelligent and articulate demonic-spirit tells how peoples fear of him drives them to suicide. The demon's hideous physical appearance drives listeners of Seven Seals mad, and the sound burns their inner self with the perceptive fire created by the 3rd-ear. 

The Demon then demanded that James Pants create a positive sound in his image. He argues that as a creation of god, he has a right to produce happiness. The Demon promises that after his essence is used to create a blessed album in gods glory he will  vanish into the astral wilderness, never to reappear, if James Pants grants his request.

Fearing for his family, James reluctantly agrees. Working on the self titled album in the Hollywood Hills, James Pants is plagued by premonitions of disaster, particularly the idea that creating a second medium for the Demon might lead to the destruction of mankind. James destroys the second album after he sees the demon watching through a window. The demon confronts him and salvages what he can from the destroyed album. The demon then attempts to kill James Pants but instead catches him in a moment of weakness and enters his body. 

The possessed James Pants re-worked his partially destroyed album that night to create the perfect ritual of melodic sound. Submitting it to Stones Throw the next night and granting eternal life on earth for himself and the demon that is bid by oath to live inside of him.

R-2815093-1302273060.jpeg

#45 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

What's James Pants doing?!?!
My ear drums baby.
My ear drums.

#46 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

Scary Movie 2

#47 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:09 PM

Scary Movie 2

I don't get it.

#48 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:12 PM

dick-ear-o.gif

• mangoes cash likes this

#49 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

inymIfT.jpg

Needs a t-shirt like this

pbw-vs-montana.jpg

#50 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

Tracked down all his full length CDs after y'all's (y'all's? is this a word?) advice.  I keep enjoying it more with each listen.  Some tracks are bangers, some are just beautiful.  I like that each album seems to have a different feel and theme which is executed at a high level.  Definitely a fan going forward, thanks for the advice.

• GC90 likes this

#51 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

He is a funk master.

#52 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

Was listening to the Music From The Forest ST Podcast earlier today, had to pick this up on Discogs after

#53 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:05 AM

Was listening to the Music From The Forest ST Podcast earlier today, had to pick this up on Discogs after

That's my shit!

#54 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

i've been sleeping on this dude for far too long...i've even had his albums in my hard drive for years now, just never got around to listening to him.

what should i start with?

#55 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:38 AM

Seven Seals then self titled. I don't really fuck with Welcome bc its essentially a collection of early joints that PBW picked and put together. JP is extremely talented at taking a whole idea and translating it into an entire album. Welcome doesn't do that genius its proper justice.
  • GC90 likes this

#56 NickleBanks

NickleBanks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

^agree.  Welcome has plenty of great jams though.  Plus the Ka$h and We're Through 12"s have some good shit not on the album (haven't heard the Crystal Lite 12").  Anyway, definitely don't skip Welcome altogether.

Only LP I haven't heard yet is All The Hits... anyone got a review of that one they want to share?

• GC90 likes this

#57 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:36 AM

ATH is dope. First JP record I copped. Just little tiny beats but good none the less. There's a track on near the end where he gets his Dilla on with this whole 'James James James Pants Pants Pants' vocal sample. Good for vibing out to.
  • NickleBanks and GC90 like this

#58 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

Oh dude.
I love the Welcome album. Constant rotation for 5 years now.
It's much poppier than Seven Seals which is much darker lyrically.
Welcome was an instant classic for me, Seven Seals needed to grow on me.
Regardless, you can't fuck with anything unless you rock Pants!

#59 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

Yeah I've mentioned before but every album is an improvement over the last imo. All The Hits, New Tropical, Krista, and any other side project/12" is great too imo. 

Edit: Don't forget those free beat compilations too

http://www.stonesthr...at-archive-pt-1

http://www.stonesthr...at-archive-pt-2

Edit 2

That's why I even enjoy this; even though he had absolutely nothing to do with the music.

crow44.jpg

Been a long time since listening to this, hooked on it again this last week.

#60 Waldo

Waldo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

Many years ago James Pants was encouraged by self-will to compose different aspects of spirit-extracting auditory meditation. He researched The Voynich Manuscript and was puzzled about the origins and history of the Craft and wanted to understand them. When he produced the Welcome LP, he composed it as a scientist turned disco-funk DJ in order to inquire how he could use his science to understand how the soul worked.  But his following album, Seven Seals, was totally different. It began as an audible guide for out of body experiences and astral travel, but somewhere along its production path it developed into a gateway for an alternative realm of existence. An old world that was inspired subsequently and incorporated disparate occult and mystical traditions. Upon the creation of Seven Seals, James Pants was confronted by the sound's founding spirit, one of the deepest thinkers about ritualistic sonic soul-reflection, and it has been his ever rapacious pleasure to study him.

As James Pants encountered the problems of measurement, (in quantum mechanics) questions arose. Like how the entangled states of many possibilities collapse down to just one observation and when does it happen? Is it when the dB pointer on the dial moves, when the particle creates a path in the power amp chamber, when a charged particle hits the phosphor of a display screen, when the vestibulocochlear nerve of the listener pulses or when the self-conscious awareness of the observer registers the event has taken place? The newly-invoked old-soul explained to James Pants that, “the whole range of possibilities all continue but your consciousness only perceives one of the outcome paths, and the observer that is you splits as well. This implies each version of the observer sees one of the possible outcomes that the aural perception assumes created by the sound wave function collapse. At each split a whole infinity of world outcomes is split off from your observation.” This mean that your self-aware spirit is the self-conscious system which traces the path of highest probability through the range of possible sound wave function collapses.

Whichever interpretation you favor from of the world of possibilities lives on each time you take a listen to Seven Seals. You either shed part of your spirit at each split, or you and many versions of you die, and only one lives on to observe another event, then the whole process happens again.

James Pants now understood that there was no safe audible way to induce an out of body experience. No exact predictions could be made as to what astral terrain would open up to the listener of his progressive beats. Whilst this new understanding was a chilling discovery about the science of his sound, it did little to stop its creation. James Pants kept the pineal gland activating music narrow enough to accept and foster his celestial viewpoint, but realized the sacred projections he received was not guaranteed for all. Needing to share his interest in the science as well as the inner workings of the craft of spirit evolution. He decided to share his discoveries with Peanut Butter Wolf who scheduled a date to release the album and gave a tape to Matt Rex to listen and illustrate the symbolism and ritual forms of what he heard.

Do admire this album, for it is the panicle of mind-evaporating synth pop. But listeners beware. While it is a conscious indulgent and introspective album aimed at the joy and fulfillment of the James Pants Experience, and it is meant to help guide listeners on their own paths to the center of enlightenment. Many people have lost their lives listening to it. 

sevenseals.jpg

• GC90 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users