5 replies to this topic

#1 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

So apparently netflix is losing it's licenses with Universal and MGM, which means close to 2,000 streaming movies will be expiring soon. The studios are trying to start their own catalogue streaming services which is pretty darn retarded if you ask me.

Here's a list of which titles are expiring soon:
http://instantwatche...titles/expiring

#2 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,492 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

Shiiiiit.

#3 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

So apparently netflix is losing it's licenses with Universal and MGM, which means close to 2,000 streaming movies will be expiring soon. The studios are trying to start their own catalogue streaming services which is pretty darn retarded if you ask me.

Here's a list of which titles are expiring soon:
http://instantwatche...titles/expiring

I remember reading some business articles awhile ago talking about how the studios were setting up the infrastructure to do this. I totally echo your thoughts about this being 'pretty darn retarded'.
  • oz_tinado likes this

#4 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,492 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

It's retarded for us, but its just business men being business men. These companies are only getting a fraction what they would if they have thier own. However, it sucks. If they charge the same rate as Netflix, most people will have to either choose one, or sign on for two or three more subscriptions. This is why capitalism bothers me. They inevitably expect us to pay for it. #Grimey

It does raise an I retesting question tho. I wonder what company z's take home will be for creating their own Netflix. Of course they get much more per subscription, but how many subscriptions?

I wish they could, and this goes for all companies that are competing, when a standard model is found, just share it. Quit trying to add new features and shit to get sales. It just fucks us over.

#5 oz_tinado

oz_tinado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:headphones, wayfarers, winning medals.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

of course this would happen...i swear, every time something good emerges (i.e. Netflix's original mail-in/streaming service), business people who can't see past the bottom line fuck it up.

Universal and MGM have made huge mistakes, nobody's gonna pay for several subscriptions to appease every film studio that wants to make a buck encroaching on Netflix's market share. i know i'm not, i'm not made of money. i can always just pirate the shit out of their movies if i really wanted to watch something anyway, all they're doing is making it less likely for me to even want to go watch any of their stupid catalogues, let alone pay a premium for it like they're doing me a favor.

#6 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,492 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

They ain't doing you a favour. They just squeezing our collective balls. The abuse the capitalist system puts us thru is redonkulous. But what can we do? Occupy Wall Street?? Yah. That went far.

The thing is, the rich just keep getting richer. On a side note, private jet sales are thru the roof.
Posted Image
  • oz_tinado likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: netflix, watchinstantly, streaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users