• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#151 SchizoidFeller

SchizoidFeller

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Don't post any YT links with ST music here, bot will just submit a takedown (three of these and your account gets suspended I think). It's ok to steal samples/violate copyright unless it affects ST. See signature below

Thanks, will keep that in mind now.

#152 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

I was waiting for someone on the board to call that out. 3 tracks and their instrumentals? Where in the world was the demand for that?
I think you might be onto something regarding what's going down with the two camps, although we're obviously going to have to wait for Egon's memoirs to find out for sure. Or maybe Dudley will publish a tell-all soon, entitled "Stones Throw is Racist"

Posted Image

"Stones Throw Doesn't Care About Black People", by Dudley Perkins
  • SwampThing likes this

#153 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:44 PM

had to grab the 45 since it sold out. Now people want $40 on eBay! Glad it was in-stock elsewhere...

#154 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

Stones throw is turning me into a vinyl junkie. Already have the yellow...but for some reason, I need the blue/violet one. Damn!

#155 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

That blue one is nassssty.

#156 ST Bot

ST Bot

STMB Official

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:50 AM

Stones throw is turning me into a vinyl junkie. Already have the yellow...but for some reason, I need the blue/violet one. Damn!

You've been around here since 2009 and you weren't a vinyl junkie already?  

• DJ Primate, GC90 and Dirty Cyclist like this

#157 GC90

GC90

Plibt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

Would have been cooler if they did a different unreleased Quas track, hard to justify spending another $20+ with shipping on the same thing but different color :(

• Dirty Cyclist likes this

#158 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

You've been around here since 2009 and you weren't a vinyl junkie already?

I could handle the temptation before. Skipped out on a few now hard to find st releases and I'm kicking myself over it.
I have to cover up the musical tracks up and down my arms from dropping the needle too often.
  • James Frank. likes this

#159 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

a hidden interlude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:12 PM

Description: Madlib's original Bad Character emerges again. Yessir Whatever is 12-tracks recorded over roughly 12 years. The CD is packaged with a peel-off sticker revealing Lord Quas's guts. The LP is packaged with a big sticker that was suppose to peel off, but we're now saying "Peel at your own risk"!

Close to pulling the trigger on the Yessir Whatever wax and just saw this description on ST.  Anyone know what the deal was w/ the sticker on the vinyl jacket? Now I'm curious … 

I'm an idiot.  Went back and read the preceding pages and I think I know what to expect.  I ordered my copy from UGHH though … shipping rates on ST hurt sometimes, especially if you're only buying one record.  All LOVE nonetheless.  Can't wait to get my hands on it!

#160 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

a hidden interlude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:29 PM

now only if we can get those jaylib outtakes on WAX!!!!!!

let's start a petition for this!

• James Frank. likes this

#161 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

a hidden interlude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:05 AM

Got my Yessir Whatever LP in the mail today and thought it would come w/ an extra Quas sticker given the manufacturing snafu??

ST Bot, was this a limited run or maybe specific to another site??  

Worse case scenario I'm willing to take the risk of ripping the jacket for the sticker.  Has anyone actually been successful in peeling off the Quas sticker from the jacket … any advice would be greatly appreciated!

#162 ST Bot

ST Bot

STMB Official

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:51 PM

OfficeTime, we had some extra stickers - thinner than the ones on the sleeve.  Some of these we sent out with records at stonesthrow.com, and some of which we sent around to a few other retailers.  It sounds like you got one of those.

As we mentioned way back when the record came out, "The LP is packaged with a big sticker that was suppose to peel off, but we're now saying 'Peel at your own risk!'"  The later run of the records had a sticker that was greatly improved, allowing the peel.  I obviously have no idea which edition you have though, and we just left the 'peel at your own risk' warning up for those who, like Lord Quas himself, might lack their common sense from time to time.   

• OfficeTime8889 likes this

#163 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

a hidden interlude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

OfficeTime, we had some extra stickers - thinner than the ones on the sleeve.  Some of these we sent out with records at stonesthrow.com, and some of which we sent around to a few other retailers.  It sounds like you got one of those.

As we mentioned way back when the record came out, "The LP is packaged with a big sticker that was suppose to peel off, but we're now saying 'Peel at your own risk!'"  The later run of the records had a sticker that was greatly improved, allowing the peel.  I obviously have no idea which edition you have though, and we just left the 'peel at your own risk' warning up for those who, like Lord Quas himself, might lack their common sense from time to time.   

Ahh … the mistake I made was ordering from another retailer … UGHH to be specific  :mellow:

I don't suppose there's any way of knowing whether or not my copy was from the later run you speak of, is there?  Hope this isn't too troubling … I'm gonna take my stab @ the sticker anyhow, haahaa

#164 ST Bot

ST Bot

STMB Official

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:07 PM

OfficeTime, I misread your first post -- I thought you said it came with an extra sticker.  Those extras were gone probably within a couple weeks of the album's release.  

As for the peel-ability, I seem to recall that those early ones which would probably NOT peel had a black sticker over the strinkwrap.  Later copies had a white sticker over the shrinkwrap.  Still, peel at your own risk, use common sense.  It's possible that the stickers become more adhered with every week & month that passes while the record is sitting in a box waiting to be taken home.  

• OfficeTime8889 likes this

#165 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

a hidden interlude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:34 PM

OfficeTime, I misread your first post -- I thought you said it came with an extra sticker.  Those extras were gone probably within a couple weeks of the album's release.  

As for the peel-ability, I seem to recall that those early ones which would probably NOT peel had a black sticker over the strinkwrap.  Later copies had a white sticker over the shrinkwrap.  Still, peel at your own risk, use common sense.  It's possible that the stickers become more adhered with every week & month that passes while the record is sitting in a box waiting to be taken home.  

oh … no worries.  Many thanks! 

UPDATE: operation was a success

• GC90 and JoaGymshoe like this

#166 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:40 AM

The peel off sticker feature reminds me of the Velvet Underground album cover.

Attached File  image.jpeg   65.45KB   5 downloads

Attached File  image.jpeg   60.02KB   2 downloads
  • JoaGymshoe likes this

#167 OfficeTime8889

OfficeTime8889

a hidden interlude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:48 PM

Wouldn't it be ill if Yessir Whatever played at 45rpm?! …  to coincide w/ the raps that sound like they're playing on an off-tune anyhow … 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users