• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jviroqj22

Jviroqj22

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

Does anybody have any idea of some of the samples used on this album? Likewise what decade they're from? I'm surprised so few artists on Stones Throw (in my experience) release their sample listings, especially when they cover such obscure material.

Just checked the stickied thread. I didn't know it was basically against the rules to ask for samples, but I don't see why- many people have a curiousity to know samples not out of "jocking" or whatever but to simply explore, especially when you've got entire albums that are sampling stuff that is atleast pretty hard to find or even identify. Madlib's "Beat Konducta in Africa" samples all sorts of rare 60's-70's garage rock that you'd have to really, really dig to even find any information on, much less find the records themselves, whether as MP3's or vinyl. You've got compilations like Cazumbi that came out a few years ago with stuff that was virtually impossible to find anywhere else beforehand, so can you really expect most people to ever come across these things on their own? Mods/admins can delete this thread if they want, but I'm curious as to why you seem to have a rule against sample sourcing out of a paranoia of "jocking samples".

Edited by Jviroqj22, 06 April 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#2 DJ Tav!k

DJ Tav!k

Beats 24/7

• Dismissed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

Madlib's samples are VERY easy to find, I think i've found most of the samples he's used. The reason why Stones Throw doesnt release the samples is because of copyright and licensing reasons. Technically a lot of samples ST artists use aren't cleared, so it's to protect themselves from lawsuits

#3 Jviroqj22

Jviroqj22

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

Not sure if I really agree with copyrighting/licensing on samples, but whatever, I just wish the stickied thread wasn't as crass.

Do you know of a listing for Beat Konducta in Africa? I know a lot of people have compiled his samples on Youtube, but I've been dying to find the ones used for that one.

#4 DJ Tav!k

DJ Tav!k

Beats 24/7

• Dismissed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Not sure if there is a list, but try looking for it on youtube or go dig through some records, i've found tons of samples other producers use just digging through records

#5 Cis

Cis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

Many Oxperiment samples are actually quite easy to find.
I'm not going to post all the samples I know but you have a good direction to look for with that genre...

#6 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:31 AM

Don't embaris yourself man.Co-sign on Cis' statement, these are easy to find. Plus they didn't sell da rights to the samples.

#7 fungus

fungus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

The answer is in a pinned topic at the top of this forum

#8 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

I just wish the stickied thread wasn't as crass.

then you're on the wrong forum, pal

#9 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

I think the oxperiment was interesting as far as sampling was concerned. The samples are nothing special. Not sure why they cannot be spoken about here...they are mostly foreign. Does not sound very musical at all--its almost as if he has no knowledge of the type of music that he is sampling. Shows his limitations in production, methinks.

#10 Cis

Cis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

He sampled from Egon records right?

#11 killa ego

killa ego

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Not sure if I really agree with copyrighting/licensing on samples, but whatever

nothing to agree with or disagree with, if someone wants to sue they ass they can get all the profits from a record or worse pretty much.

#12 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

This project could not have sold many units so no one is going to f@ck with it, really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users