• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Well I form physical being's out of wavelengths that do my bidding, I hold them In form via frequencies, they can't make a cup of tea for shit though!!
  • oz_tinado likes this

#32 HUNGRYMAN

HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/hungrym4n

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

What's going on in here?! :mellow: lol. Yall need to share whatever yall are smoking... haha!
  • SunnyMeadowz likes this

#33 oz_tinado

oz_tinado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:headphones, wayfarers, winning medals.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

i love how this thread devolved from helpful advice to people just saying crazy, esoteric brags about shit.

#34 HUNGRYMAN

HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/hungrym4n

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

It should have been over when LinkRust was like, look at this badass beat I made with FL Studio. lol ;)

#35 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

i love how this thread devolved from helpful advice to people just saying crazy, esoteric brags about shit.

Welcome to teh internetz!

#36 Tastik BEATS

Tastik BEATS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Interests:Producing cloudy, phonky beats
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/tastik

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

Fl is the shit, But if I wanna get some where whats a good DAW to use ?

#37 D'MosPhree

D'MosPhree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Fl is the shit, But if I wanna get some where whats a good DAW to use ?

There are a ton of guys making a living using FL in multiple genres such as hip-hop, trap, house, and experimental. Unless you wanna get more into live instrumentation FL is fine. It's easy to use and has a ton of potential when it comes to beat making. But if your just inching for a change try Ableton Live, also you might wanna try some hardware gear like an MPC or a SP.

#38 Tastik BEATS

Tastik BEATS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

There are a ton of guys making a living using FL in multiple genres such as hip-hop, trap, house, and experimental. Unless you wanna get more into live instrumentation FL is fine. It's easy to use and has a ton of potential when it comes to beat making. But it your just inching for a change try Ableton Live, also you might wanna try some hardware gear like an MPC or a SP.

Yeah abelton is an option. I have been making stuff on fl for about 2 years. Its great but for some reason I just feel limited. The SP is cool. Its hard to believe but I dont like MPC's to much fideling. I got an MPD though

#39 TeefSweat

TeefSweat

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Music, Skateboarding.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

Don't use FL studio to record vocals.

#40 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Location:Brooklyn, NY | Los Angeles, CA | Seattle, WA | Vancouver, BC

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:25 AM

move on

FL Studio is crap

LMAO!
Says who?
You???

Listen up Primate, just because you can't get the results you desire from FL Studio doesn't mean something is wrong with FL Studio, the problem comes down to you as the user. In fact FL Studio is designed to give it's users 4 - 8 ways to accomplish the same result. It's also the fastest, easiest and one of the most advanced and powerful DAWs on the market. It's only people with linear thinking who snark with ultra silly criticisms like it's crap.

#41 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

Get an MPC, software sucks for making beats. DAW's are ONLY meant for recording and editing, but they try to sell you this whole package that it can be used for making beats also through marketing. The best thing and only thing I recommend for beatmaking is an Akai MPC. Once you have a MPC then you can use a DAW to track your beats in to if you want

By your account the MPC sucks too because that hardware uses software. I know what I'm talking about because I made multiple records in the 90's using the MPC-60 and MPC-3000 and let me tell you something they both glitched the fucked out every time in the middle of tracking sessions, which is pretty annoying when you only have a $22,000.00 recording budget and you're paying $235.00 per hour for the room and assistant engineer. It wasn't until I started bringing my Atari 1040 ST and C-Lab Creator to lock my MPC's to that I was able to override the infamous SMPTE issue.

The MPC just like any other music technology has it's shortcomings. Nothing is absolutely perfect, especially the MPC-REN which is the worst MPC yet. Akai rushed it and should have poured in more time into getting it right before suckering so many of their consumer base.

#42 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

I'm with what Hungryman said, this post is dead, well it's going round in circles anyway. :blink:
  • James Frank. likes this

#43 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

LMAO!
Says who?
You???

Listen up Primate, just because you can't get the results you desire from FL Studio doesn't mean something is wrong with FL Studio, the problem comes down to you as the user. In fact FL Studio is designed to give it's users 4 - 8 ways to accomplish the same result. It's also the fastest, easiest and one of the most advanced and powerful DAWs on the market. It's only people with linear thinking who snark with ultra silly criticisms like it's crap.

Posted Image

Why are you so mad, friend? I was just messing around, FL Studio is okay. I used to use it actually, until I moved on to hardware. Also, I don't appreciate the attack on my credibility. I'm famous.

#44 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

Posted Image

Why are you so mad, friend? I was just messing around, FL Studio is okay. I used to use it actually, until I moved on to hardware. Also, I don't appreciate the attack on my credibility. I'm famous.

LOL! I was never mad, and to be perfectly honest I never heard of you before. I thought what you said was ultra silly and I challenged your statement with facts.

#45 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

LOL! I was never mad, and to be perfectly honest I never heard of you before. I thought what you said was ultra silly and I challenged your statement with facts.

U NEVER HEARD OF DJ PRIMATE??????? HUGO????? STEP YO GAME UP SON!!!!!!!!

GEECHIE
  • DJ Primate and SunnyMeadowz like this

#46 Quadrewple

Quadrewple

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

LOL @ anyone who says FL Studio is crap. 9th Wonder uses FL Studio or at least he did for the majority of his beats....

OP it's easy to forget to turn off the Stretch feature, after several minutes spent undoing that mistake it'll become second nature to check whether it's ticked or not.

This is a prime example of why you should always use the digital user manual whenever you're thinking about using new features, and why you need to save often.

#47 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

Here's 7 Hitmaking Record Producers who use FL Studio:

This guy
and this guy
and this guy
and this guy
and this guy
and this guy
Oh yeah and this fucking guy

#48 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

Er 9th wonder left FL.......

That was 5 years ago, keep up :D funny playground shit going on though!!

#49 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:49 AM

Er 9th wonder left FL.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYU0DivTqSQ
That was 5 years ago, keep up :D funny playground shit going on though!!

I take it you're one of those low information kinda folk, because the only dummy here is you.
He still uses it, I know this as a fact because I was interviewed for new promotional videos.
I also know the other 6 dudes were shot for the same thing.

#50 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

I take it you're one of those low information kinda folk, because the only dummy here is you.
He still uses it, I know this as a fact because I was interviewed for new promotional videos.
I also know the other 6 dudes were shot for the same thing.

As I said the thread was dead long ago, time you got pulled up anyway, sick of your condescending bullhang just cos you made a hit in the golden era with a casio keyboard, think it wavers the you the right, to just go to town on anyone and speak down to people, do you really think I give 2 flying fucks if some overated producer uses whatever program or programs or channels Da Vinci to scratch for them, the video was bait, a joke, a wind up, as for being low informed I just don't fill my head with useless info and try and keep up to date with what people use, and obsess over a program, SOME people take things way to seriously, I knew some sorry arse DAW protector would rise to it and run in here waving the FL is God flag!!, so who's the dummy now ? dummy, You could actually give some cool advice, that's to easy though, there has to be that underlying dig at someone, if it's a sense of humour your trying to established via written communication as if you are talking, then that is going to get confused and ultimately fail, as I can't see your body language or hear you talk, something tells me you ain't playing though. I'll make it clear I AM PLAYING :P It ain't Islamic Extremists we have to watch out for, it's the FL support squad. :ohmy:

#51 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

As I said the thread was dead long ago, time you got pulled up anyway, sick of your condescending bullhang just cos you made a hit in the golden era with a casio keyboard, think it wavers the you the right, to just go to town on anyone and speak down to people, do you really think I give 2 flying fucks if some overated producer uses whatever program or programs or channels Da Vinci to scratch for them, the video was bait, a joke, a wind up, as for being low informed I just don't fill my head with useless info and try and keep up to date with what people use, and obsess over a program, SOME people take things way to seriously, I knew some sorry arse DAW protector would rise to it and run in here waving the FL is God flag!!, so who's the dummy now ? dummy, You could actually give some cool advice, that's to easy though, there has to be that underlying dig at someone, if it's a sense of humour your trying to established via written communication as if you are talking, then that is going to get confused and ultimately fail, as I can't see your body language or hear you talk, something tells me you ain't playing though. I'll make it clear I AM PLAYING :P It ain't Islamic Extremists we have to watch out for, it's the FL support squad. :ohmy:

You stated an untruth as if it was fact and I called you on it and now that you look and feel absolutely stupid as you try and reverse the tables? I certainly hope no one else here is dumb enough to fall for your sudden bait and switch.

First of all I'm still making records and I'm still charting and my records are still getting spins on the radio so once again you're spewing lies. Maybe if you were just a little honest and trustworthy in your words I could find some kind of redemtption in the weak plee you now cop.

Second, I saw a post that was at the very top of the board and I replied to another nonfactual reply. You're the one who chose to my reply with bullshit and as we all know by now I shed a spot light on your dishonesty. So if you can't be truthful perhaps you should sit in front of a mirror for a few hours and think really hard about what you've done to yourself and your credibility.

#52 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

You stated an untruth as if it was fact and I called you on it and now that you look and feel absolutely stupid as you try and reverse the tables? I certainly hope no one else here is dumb enough to fall for your sudden bait and switch.

First of all I'm still making records and I'm still charting and my records are still getting spins on the radio so once again you're spewing lies. Maybe if you were just a little honest and trustworthy in your words I could find some kind of redemtption in the weak plee you now cop.

Second, I saw a post that was at the very top of the board and I replied to another nonfactual reply. You're the one who chose to my reply with bullshit and as we all know by now I shed a spot light on your dishonesty. So if you can't be truthful perhaps you should sit in front of a mirror for a few hours and think really hard about what you've done to yourself and your credibility.

Ha ha!! you are for real!!!!! thought you were, ODK right again, I am the biggest wind up merchant going and you bit like a bitch!! get over yourself man, it's cool though, I've learnt that your arrogant as fuck, and narrow minded, your perspective, so you must be right, you must be cos you made a hit in the 1600's, and your so much better than all of us on here, fools like you keep shit going like this cos you have nothing else to do, apart from researching better producers that use the same shit, why you on here man this is all underground, has no place for radio bullshit and rap pop, so my truth and fact for the day is your the Hiphop(Sorry RAP version) of Bob Geldof, living of the rep of one beat. I'm challenging what you say because it annoys you, no other reason really, apart from disrespecting everyone on here, and you deserve it quite frankly, I'm glad you wasted your time responding quite frankly as that still proves to me I am right ha ha!! So plug ya casio in and go save Hiphop(sorry RAP) with a hit. I'll keep smiling cos I know I'm right.

#53 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

Ha ha!! you are for real!!!!! thought you were, ODK right again, I am the biggest wind up merchant going and you bit like a bitch!! get over yourself man, it's cool though, I've learnt that your arrogant as fuck, and narrow minded, your perspective, so you must be right, you must be cos you made a hit in the 1600's, and your so much better than all of us on here, fools like you keep shit going like this cos you have nothing else to do, apart from researching better producers that use the same shit, why you on here man this is all underground, has no place for radio bullshit and rap pop, so my truth and fact for the day is your the Hiphop(Sorry RAP version) of Bob Geldof, living of the rep of one beat. I'm challenging what you say because it annoys you, no other reason really, apart from disrespecting everyone on here, and you deserve it quite frankly, I'm glad you wasted your time responding quite frankly as that still proves to me I am right ha ha!! So plug ya casio in and go save Hiphop(sorry RAP) with a hit. I'll keep smiling cos I know I'm right.

Thanks again for proving yourself as low informed and fraudulent. I'm one of the very few Record Producers/DJs today who's producing and bringing #RealHipHop music to the people on the radio and I'm using FL Studio while doing it.

It's narrow minded jokers like you who are fucking up daily, because you want #RealHipHop to be pigeonholed and trapped in a box and kept in an underground coffin for a tiny audience while the masses are being kept ultra ignorant by listening to pablum puke drooling over-commercialized dolts with the lyrical mentality of brain damaged vegetables.

Posted Image

I'm not some cornball scenester who's faking the funk like you, I live, breathe, eat and shit #RealHipHop. I'm from BROOKLYN the Original Home of Hip Hop. You're probably one of those silly cats who believe in the great Bronx myth which was created by sucker ass cowardly writer from the New York Post who was too scared to come to BROOKLYN to get the real source of the scene.

I'm not arrogant, but I do take #RealHipHop seriously. I grew up learning my craft as a DJ in the legendary Professor Paul's basement. I realized my full potential as Record Producer in the Garage studio of the legendary Howie Tee, I discovered that I could rhyme with the best of them during freestyle sessions in the basement of the legendary Chubb Rock. I've been an in house producer for Jam Master Jay and Randy Allen's JMJ Records, Full Force's Forceful Records and Gene Griffin and Teddy Riley's G.R. Productions. I've been in the studio and stepped on stages with some of the dopest MC's you ever heard of and never heard of until October 15th, 2013.

I Picketed WBLS and Kiss FM in NYC with Russell Simmons and Andre Harrell when radio stations didn't want to play any Hip Hop music on the air anywhere in America. I marched with Al Sharpton when they murdered Yusef Hawkins in Bensonhurst, and I marched with KRS One and Chuck D to protest the brutality being perpetrated by the NYPD.

As a DJ on WNWK (the very first radio station to play hip hop music) I broke many artists such as Ganagstarr, De La Soul, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, EPMD and countless other artists after that. I've done a lot for #RealHipHop and continue to contribute to it. I still make and keep #RealHipHop alive on the radio.

What have you done or doing other than being a condescending, ignorant and arrogant asshole of a prick to me just because you knowingly (or maybe unknowingly, which I doubt) lied about something that was untrue and I called you out on it?

Talk to me when you can factually produce evidence like this:

BTW: #RealHipHop is supposed to be the mainstream on radio, not that fake shit! But selfishly shit for brain cornballs like you want it to stay underground so no one else can have it and that to me is the biggest crime you traitorous punk.

#54 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:49 AM

Pete, I don't give a shit what you have done, or not, or what Big Names you can throw around, there is no lie, you posted something that said 9th wonder uses FL, I post a vid that shows him saying the complete opposite from 5 year's ago, it's a fucking wind up, and you have gone completely fucking mental Homeslice, your calling everyone out for being stupid, silly, misinformed, and ignorant, and jump to assumptions way to quickly with no evidence,

Well here's one of my beats, I'll let that do the talking, so compare your sellable beats, to my kitchen beat

#55 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

Just as I figured...you're a troll. At least it wasn't a complete waste of time exposing you.

Pete, I don't give a shit what you have done, or not, or what Big Names you can throw around, there is no lie, you posted something that said 9th wonder uses FL, I post a vid that shows him saying the complete opposite from 5 year's ago, it's a fucking wind up, and you have gone completely fucking mental Homeslice, your calling everyone out for being stupid, silly, misinformed, and ignorant, and jump to assumptions way to quickly with no evidence,

Well here's one of my beats, I'll let that do the talking, so compare your sellable beats, to my kitchen beat

#56 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

Certified ST Dope(ness) Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/soulrebel360

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

Posted Image
  • DJ Pete Marriott likes this

#57 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

remember the good ol' days of this thread, when it started with me having a question about the "zero-cross" function on FL Studio?
and then somehow it turned into ^ this...

#58 MellowYouth

MellowYouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

ive used so many samplers from hardware to software throughout my productions (since 2001). my favorite from wayyy back was 'deesampler'. you could use your computer keyboard to trigger samples from within a standalone program and not have to worry about any midi or DAWs :)

i learned about that zero crossing real quick when all my chopped samples had that Pop at the beginning or end :/ took me a while to figure that out.. that dude james blake makes use of those pops and glitches, however, and on some tracks it works

Posted Image

#59 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

Posted Image

My thoughts exactly.

#60 Tastik BEATS

Tastik BEATS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:25 AM