• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

LISTEN TO THE BEATS >>Right Here<<

GIVE SOME FEEDBACK ON SOUNDCLOUD!

Vote in this thread with...
BIG BOLD FONTS and
CRAZY COLOURS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List as many beats as you like but only vote for 1.
Don't get friends to make accounts to sway the vote!!
DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF!
Respect yourself and each other by keeping it legit!

Voting until Friday 11:59 pm NYC time
Winner - Post new sample of your choice, unique rules, etc - by Saturday Noon NYC time

FAQ

#2 heggemon

heggemon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/normanbeatsmotel

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

Some nice beats:
Cee 3
Anthony Sample
spellspellspell
peet
Montyshoewalker
Grandpa Wölfe

LukeCesar was the best in my opinion

#3 linkrust

linkrust

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

yo wad up all
my top 3 trck this week

DJ Mdeck

peet
MONTHY SHOE WALKER ...for some raw hip hop shit !

#4 Montyshoewalker

Montyshoewalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:AKA "WALKINGSHOE" OR "JOE" OR "MONTY"
    Twitter.com/inthisshoe
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/inthisshoe

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

King David – Cool bass line. Sorta madlibish (maybe Peterockish) & love the raw drums.
Perrin & Tonic – Awesome low eerie synth melody.
MellowYouth – Bass hits like crazy.
Mdeck – Kind of like Old school meets Pharell.
LinkRust – Very hi-teky sneaky beat during that second part. Love it.
Ben Bada – Great production, very polished, love how the sounds intertwine.
3.) Obi-Dan- Awesome layering on the drums - they sound great - and cool sample flip.
2.) PeetGreat bass, great flow, love the switchups and the ending especially.
1.) Goose Bumps The bass just kills it. Incredibly funky groove.

#5 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

3) Mr. Hanzo
2) peet.
1) spellspellspell

#6 Constrobuz

Constrobuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

peet.

#7 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

King David – Cool bass line. Sorta madlibish (maybe Peterockish) & love the raw drums.
Perrin & Tonic – Awesome low eerie synth melody.
MellowYouth – Bass hits like crazy.
Mdeck – Kind of like Old school meets Pharell.
LinkRust – Very hi-teky sneaky beat during that second part. Love it.
Ben Bada – Great production, very polished, love how the sounds intertwine.
3.) Obi-Ben- Awesome layering on the drums - they sound great - and cool sample flip.
2.) PeetGreat bass, great flow, love the switchups and the ending especially.
1.) Goose Bumps The bass just kills it. Incredibly funky groove.

There's an Obi Dan and a Bza wan who do you mean holmes!! :blink:
  • Ogi feel the Beat and bza wan kenobi like this

#8 Montyshoewalker

Montyshoewalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:AKA "WALKINGSHOE" OR "JOE" OR "MONTY"
    Twitter.com/inthisshoe
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/inthisshoe

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

There's an Obi Dan and a Bza wan who do you mean holmes!! :blink:

Whoops... my bad. Obi Dan.

Was thinking "dan" but "Ben" just came out automatically; I'm a big star wars fan.
  • James Frank. likes this

#9 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

is it just me, or does it seem like people cast their vote before they've even listened to every beat?
i almost always get feedback from cats after they've already voted...wtf's up with that?
i mean, i appreciate the listens and everything, but every week it seems like whoever posted on Weds. or Thurs. morning get the most shout-outs, i assume because people don't wanna listen to every single entry. but then doesn't that ruin the whole purpose of this exercise?

idk, maybe i'm just crazy. but it seems a little fishy that almost none of the entries from earlier in the week get votes or even honorable mentions- let's not be lazy, people! i found the time to listen to them all, and so can you ^_^
  • Yellowjacket likes this

#10 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Whoops... my bad. Obi Dan.

Was thinking "dan" but "Ben" just came out automatically; I'm a big star wars fan.

Ha ha theres gonna be a lot of this I reckon, cheers dude!!

#11 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

is it just me, or does it seem like people cast their vote before they've even listened to every beat?
i almost always get feedback from cats after they've already voted...wtf's up with that?
i mean, i appreciate the listens and everything, but every week it seems like whoever posted on Weds. or Thurs. morning get the most shout-outs, i assume because people don't wanna listen to every single entry. but then doesn't that ruin the whole purpose of this exercise?

idk, maybe i'm just crazy. but it seems a little fishy that almost none of the entries from earlier in the week get votes or even honorable mentions- let's not be lazy, people! i found the time to listen to them all, and so can you ^_^

Nah man I got a shout out, and I got pushed down the line cos PEOPLE ARE RE_UPLOADING their beats, been on the first page before and still got shout outs and votes. Don't sweat it though holmes, some people like STANSCRATES hardly ever gets votes or shout outs, yet he is sick, wicked production, ideas, layouts and vision AND YES HE IS BEING SLEPT ON AS USUAL so are others to be honest. Some people will cast a vote and others will just follow it, or so it can appear, as there are blatently better beats. All I hope for is the winner knows what a good sample is, and to have a laugh with you all in the comments
  • steezo, James Frank. and Yellowjacket like this

#12 capreme

capreme

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Grandpa Wölfe - very smooth and harmonical
constrobuz - definately enjoyable
,,,J0ndis - nice vibe! feelin it through monitor speakers but there is missing something via notebook speakers
DJ Mdeck - just well done
mr.hanzo - cool end part
MFM - awesome compression
spellspellspell - very nice one - couldnt hear much of the sample though
miRSs - mad subbass - like the sound
BEN BADA BOOM - interesting elements and nice idea
Monexus - dat vibe
turquoise crown - the more i listen the more i like - i just wish you had the time to mix the drums a little bit better

winner:
PeeT - just awesome work

#13 peet

peet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/peetbeats

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

1.) CaPrEme - some different electronic and very very interesting beat! unique work in this beatcircle here, in my opinion . especially the second part is pretty amazing. his sound is professional as fuck and well detailed.

LinkRust - damn this dude catches me with every beat. such a high recognitionvalue in his sound. this percussive drums and his hard but very clean compression, this guy knows what he do.

MontyShoeWalker - phat stomping beat! what can i say more?

Tombrider - you made an indian flip out of this ! haha really catchy and this groove! well done !

Spellspellspell - such a great second beat! you played that by yourself?

also i like:

DjSapien - great how you integrate you skills on the turntables.
Mr. Hanzo - I like his style, especially the last part.
MatMel - very interesting stumbling rythim.
Main Theory - like your groove on the drums and bass
uno punch - solid and good produced beat!

#14 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

All I hope for is the winner knows what a good sample is, and to have a laugh with you all in the comments

yeah man, i can appreciate that. it just gets a little annoying when week after week you see the same group of people getting slept on, while another small group of people keep winning every round lol. i can't argue when someone produces a monster beat, but it seems like there's no upward mobility here- like some dudes are just destined to lose every week, no matter how hard they come. either way, it doesn't matter to me- cause i'm taking a break starting next week anyway :P haha, so everyone can do what they will. i'm just trying to influence people to make a fair decision when they do vote, cause it seems like a few of these "top 3's" are all from like the last ten or so beats that were posted in the group...which leads me to believe some people made hasty decisions before checking out the rest of the entries.

#15 TwonDiesel

TwonDiesel

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

perrin and tonic- Just a sick sick groooove.

bza one kenobi- Ridiculous hOp. Great texture and wild noises. Awesome.

djsapien- Intricate groove. just sick. Shit is bananas!

Grandpa Wolfe- Vibe is soooo ill and laid back. Real different take. Great feel.

cee 3- Shit just bangs. Straight up. The sample and the bass line work great together.

WINNNER.....tom precise- Oh damn. Great great use of the sample. Sopping with that FONK. All the PIECES fit together so well.

#16 Elmar Jestro

Elmar Jestro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/elmar-jestro

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Favorited this week:
Montyshoewalker, capreme, tom precise, ChiEngineer, spellspellspell, Main Theory, Sovereign Beats, miRSs, Cee3, Obi-Dan-Kenobi, peet., BEN BADA BOOM, mike-a-veli,

and i really loved:
turquoise crown!

On that "slept on matter": I think this battle is a little too big (between 70 and 100 beats every week since I started on #300) to get everyone involved in the commenting and voting process. Taking part by uploading a beat is one thing, going through 100 beats and really checking the details, quality or whatever and comment is another.
Plus: some guys who post beats here for longer got way more followers than the newer cats. And these beats get way more love from inside and outside the group, and that fortifies the impression of others getting ignored or slept on. Some might be though...

Personally I stopped seeing this as a beatbattle in the classic way due to the number of posts. And I don't look at the comment or fav counts anymore when I prepare for voting. To me this whole thing is more like a beatcommunity where anyone can learn something or get new ideas, if he (or she) is willing to listen.

#17 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

yeah man, i can appreciate that. it just gets a little annoying when week after week you see the same group of people getting slept on, while another small group of people keep winning every round lol. i can't argue when someone produces a monster beat, but it seems like there's no upward mobility here- like some dudes are just destined to lose every week, no matter how hard they come. either way, it doesn't matter to me- cause i'm taking a break starting next week anyway :P haha, so everyone can do what they will. i'm just trying to influence people to make a fair decision when they do vote, cause it seems like a few of these "top 3's" are all from like the last ten or so beats that were posted in the group...which leads me to believe some people made hasty decisions before checking out the rest of the entries.

mmm dunno Linkrust, Turquoise Crown, and Peet are all fairly new, loads have dropped off the radar as well, but yeah sometimes you can see something weird seems to be occuring, I have a sneaky feeling that this week a lot of people had some drama or change to go through, theres definately a lull in soundcloud activity this week.

#18 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Favorited this week:
Montyshoewalker, capreme, tom precise, ChiEngineer, spellspellspell, Main Theory, Sovereign Beats, miRSs, Cee3, Obi-Dan-Kenobi, peet., BEN BADA BOOM, mike-a-veli,

and i really loved:
turquoise crown!

On that "slept on matter": I think this battle is a little too big (between 70 and 100 beats every week since I started on #300) to get everyone involved in the commenting and voting process. Taking part by uploading a beat is one thing, going through 100 beats and really checking the details, quality or whatever and comment is another.
Plus: some guys who post beats here for longer got way more followers than the newer cats. And these beats get way more love from inside and outside the group, and that fortifies the impression of others getting ignored or slept on. Some might be though...

Personally I stopped seeing this as a beatbattle in the classic way due to the number of posts. And I don't look at the comment or fav counts anymore when I prepare for voting. To me this whole thing is more like a beatcommunity where anyone can learn something or get new ideas, if he (or she) is willing to listen.

Well put Holmes, it is a big effort to get through them all, I love rubbing it in peoples faces, that I work, Look after my daughter, but I still comment on everyone, more so now as they are markers so I know what I've listened to.Maybe we should just change the whole thing, actually rename it Stonesthrow Beat community, no rules, no votes, just stick ya beat up, prob solve a lot of issues and stop the opinion arguments ;)

#19 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

mmm dunno Linkrust, Turquoise Crown, and Peet are all fairly new, loads have dropped off the radar as well.

fair enough, haha. i just wanna see some other people get some shine too :lol:

#20 Phonics.Productions

Phonics.Productions

Rookie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

well, i just want to say i agree with James Frank a little bit, and I think if you vote on this page, you should've listened to all of the beats. I myself don't vote if i haven't heard them all and i suggest you just start from the beginning and let all the beats play, and make a note of the ones that catch your ear. And only do that if you want to vote. otherwise just leave a nice comment on the track if you only want to listen to a few. anyways, I say if you want to be a little more efficient with your listening then just listen to fragments of each beat at a time and if you find yourself listening to the whole thing, give it an honorable mention. otherwise don't just vote for the first sick beat you hear, because trust me, there is a lot of good shit circulating through this forum, lots of cats on here have talent and if they have the drive to perform and do shows they will go far with their music.
- Peace Phonics
  • James Frank. likes this

#21 jondis

jondis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

all i can say is yo yo yo yoyo yoooooooo, and cheer up everyone this shit is for fun. If someone really wants to pick the sample for the next week msg the winner ,, hahaha. IDK the points being made in the threads are kind of funny to me/ almost conflicting
( not to mention reduntant ,, what is it every other month or so ahha ). But whatever i dont care , hahahah. Sheeeeit you guys want more comments that is basically the problem. There's plenty of avenues to get em and tbh they dont mean anything . You really want that "shine" go put in the work of networking, i.e. twitter ect.. .. . ..
I also noticed a lack of communtiy this week in the group , but could just be a busy week, in which case it was for me. WORD

As for the other point of criticism, that has been and allways will be welcomed. There's tasteful ways to go about it tho, one doesnt have to make a general statement saying in the threads like " yo most of these beats is wak, y'all are lame for thinkn the other shit is dope " hahaha what is that. Another route one could take instead of complaining is just doing. Be the one leading by example instead of complaining about the ways things are.
Anyways its all love, i too want to see ( and have trust ) everyone build their skills up, shit is awesome to me. But all in all WTF ! THIS SHIT AINT THAT SERIOUS. I really dont see any mob mentality here, its easy everyone casts thier vote for who they like. Shouldnt be more complicated then that
BUT WORD LOVE YALL JUST GET HAPPY THO OK ?!?
and chk this shit out

• Heavy Drama, James Frank. and Yellowjacket like this

#22 spellspellspell

spellspellspell

Rookie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

LLLIIINNNKKKRRRUUUSSSTTT

#23 jondis

jondis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

oh and

peet.

my fav , props g ! infinite props to the group PEACE

#24 GaucH

GaucH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:SANDALS
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/yeahgaucho

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

DJ SAPIEN

#25 Heavy Drama

Heavy Drama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

LINKRUST
KILLING
LINKRUST
KILLING
LINKRUST
KILLING IT

#26 MFakka

MFakka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/mfakka_12

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Lemme start..
I think that the main concept of beat battles is to utilize one sample and to exploit it as much as possible to get the final track..i think that the given sample should be the root of your beat and not the secondary supporting sound like a kick in percussion or a blop or a squeek..
The idea of allowing people to use keys/synths/sounds/ this week was to make this sample more dope with the input of other instruments..something like Dr Dre usually does when making a track..something like what’s the difference with synths and keys added to the sample..
I know that usually, with ordinary rules, beats sound different than this weeks entries, but i think that some people don't get the point of beat battles..

Anyways...had a lot of spare time today to get through all tracks in this weeks entries and ill be objective on this one

Props to:

heggemon
mr.hanzo
Sovereign Beats
peet.
goose_bumps
Mister Bings
Obi-Dan-Kenobi
LinkRust
tom precise

All of your beats are awesome..liked them a lot..

And i vote for DJ Mdeck

#27 bza wan kenobi

bza wan kenobi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:beats&budz

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

turquoise crown, odk, linkrust, fingersnap dee, goose bumps, butta slick, king david, DJ Mdeck, capreme.....all dope as fuck. but gotta go with

SPELLSPELLSPELL

so smooth again this week man props

#28 Mdeck

Mdeck

Rookie

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/mdeck

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

bza wan kenobi / linkrust / Perrin & Toxic / spellspellspell

ogi feel the Beat

Peet

#29 Dismal Days/Daze

Dismal Days/Daze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/dismal-days-daze

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Some tracks I really enjoyed.
MONEXUS
LinkRust
akirkyildiz
LukeCesar
mr.hanzo
bza wan kenobi
DJ Mdeck
BEN BADA BOO

My final tracks in the elimination process. Took me a while to finally pick a winner.

spellspellspell
Ogi feel the Beat
Anthony Sample
Cee 3

As I narrowed it down it got really hard to make a choice, but Peet ended getting my vote.

#30 DocVile

DocVile

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/docvile

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

LINKRUST
All Day Errrrr Day!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users